Music Showdown 27 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
FanficReader920
Group Admin

Yesterday is a day that will forever be in the conscience of American citizens. America was attacked that day, and many people were hurt and killed because of it.

But we were America, dang it. We weren't going to let these terrorists get away with it.

Toby Kieth captured this post 9/11 patriotism in his song "Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue." It was inspired both by the events of 9/11 and the death of his father, who served in the military.

Originally, Kieth only intended to perform the song at live events for the military, not intending to record it. But one person, Commandment of the Marine Corps James Jones (He's one of the Joint Chiefs of Staff), saw the reaction the song got out of the military men and woman and told Kieth that he should record this song. It was his duty as an American citizen to do so.

"It's your job as an entertainer to lift the morale of the troops," Jones said to Keith. "If you want to serve, that is what you can do."

I only just discovered it two days ago while researching 9/11 songs, and it gave this feeling of patriotism that I can't really describe. I'll just let you listen to it for yourselves.

BradyBunch
Group Admin

My entry doesn't have any particular significance to 9/11, but this is a good song to lose yourself in as a form of escapism. It's a beautiful and captivating song that can make you lose track of the time. The melody in this song is so secret that it was only released in this song.

Which is called Secret Melody.

Dang it, TSFH! Now it's not a secret anymore!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2