The (Not So) Cynical Creators Guild 230 members · 997 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15
The Cynical Brony
Group Admin

The following is a list of the powers and limitations of the admins, as well as when the best time to reach each of them is.

1. First off, we're dumping the old front page. It was fun for a while, but we stopped updating it, and it's effectively useless now.
2. Second, each individual admin will have significantly more power, including the power to temporarily lock and ban users as need be before a full vote is called as to its permanency.
3. IF THIS IS MISUSED, YOU WILL BE DEMOTED.
4. Despite these expanded powers, there is to be a hierarchy among the admins. As the most experienced leaders of the old group, Grant, LightOfTriumph, and I hold the power of veto, including over each other. If one of the three of us is deeply opposed to something, it can be vetoed up to twice. If the needed votes for the decision still make the majority, the elder will be overruled.
5. We will all rewrite the old rules together, applying what works and fixing what doesn't. This is primarily meant for admins, but users are free to suggest rule changes whenever.
6. We will continue changing the banner and picture in honor of the old group's traditions.
7. There is to be no more than 15 admins at a time, and if they are not consistently active within the group, they will be demoted and replaced. The number can be renegotiated, but a lack of consistently available admins put undue strain on the old group and led to the collapse.

Access Times

The Cynical Brony: 10 AM-11:45 PM EDT
Doctor Grant: "WHENEVER THE HELL I CAN"
Hellblazer: "Pretty much all day, every day, except for between 3 am and 9 am."
Ember: 10AM-11AM and 6PM-1AM PST.
SweetAI Belle: 7:30 pm - 2 am.
Fossil-Dragon-Messiah: 9:30/11:30 am to 4 am
Officer Hotpants: 10am-12am EST everyday
Jenna: Varied

Our Codex Justinianus.

How are new Admins chosen outside the old group? I'm not interesting BTW i don't think i contribute much-I'm just curious to know who's going to be policing us

Ember Q Discordia
Group Admin

The Codex Cynianus

The Cynical Brony
Group Admin

Not really. Most people who become admins are just consistent posters that follow the rules and behave themselves. Impress an admin, there's a chance you get nominated.

Officer Hotpants
Group Admin

6558287 6558294
The Codex Administratus names this maneuver "Cynical Rain". :rainbowdetermined2:

uh what happens if none of you are able to be on because it could happen

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Then none of us are on, and whatever happens gets dealt with the next time one of us are on. That does happen occasionally with any group.

--Sweetie Belle

ah okay i understand now

Hellblazer
Group Admin

I would like to make a slight change to my access time: I will not be available between midnight and 8:30 AM.

Hellblazer
Group Admin

No, I'm just sleeping like a human again. Used to stay up to 3 in the morning and would wake up at around 10 AM.

Officer Hotpants
Group Admin

Ew. Normal hours.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15