Pony Transformation General 1,075 members · 1,888 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

Does being turned into one the pastel-colored "people" of EQG count as transformation. Because, let's face it. Those "pastels" are not human. Not really. They may look it, but they aren't.

I would have thought yes, even from a regular human to one. It is still transforming the target into someone else at least physically. But I'm not the authority of the group and can only give my opinion.

Although probably not exactly what you're meaning, I found an example in the 'Other' folder of at least pony to human: Lunar Transition.

So, if others say yes, I would say post it in 'Other'.

I mean yeah? I don't know why you're answering this but my first guess is for tagging and semantics.

TF in fanfiction implies there's usually a large change that isn't simply a new version of the same character. Like Twilight crossing the mirror portal is technically TF, since her body changed, but it wouldn't qualify as a TF theme or TF story just for having that. If you have a character transform to have a different character's body, then that is a little more of what we think of as TF.

It could be - but I think the real requirement is to show how being a pastel Equestria Girls humanoid is experientially different from being a baseline human.

For example, how the skin feels, whether one smells different to oneself, whether the senses change - is vision different with those large eyes? Are there other changes the transformed human would notice about themselves, and how they relate to the world? If being a EQG humanoid is sufficiently different from being an earth human, then quite a decent transformation story could be created.

One angle to take might be that EQG people are toons. Toon physics apply to them, at least somewhat. That could be examined such that the experience was truly uncanny.

But, if being an EQG humanoid is basically exactly the same as being a normal human with unusual skin color, then... no. That would hardly count as a transformation at all.

The key to any decent transformation story, I argue, is the experience of being something different.

7091325 That certainly seems likely to me, with at least an initial adjustment period, but a lot less radical of one than going from a biped to a quadruped, though that could certainly make for an interesting story about how things are just ever-so-slightly off and a character is having a harder time coping than they could if they had undergone a more drastic change.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5