The Storm King 167 members · 136 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16

Something just crossed my mind:

Would it be interesting to you guys if the Storm King had some descendants who could be future villains for G5? I thought it would be really interesting to bring in those who still remain loyal to their long-dead master after countless centuries have passed in Equastria. They could scheme to retake the land and seek to accomplish what the Storm King had started eons ago. Would that be something that could be of interest to any of you?

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

Funny. I’ve often been interested in the idea of the Storm King being revived somehow.

Really? I thought the same thing too.

That is an interesting idea since we barely know about the Storm King Race

I would rather see descendants of competent villains coming along, like centaurs that are somehow related to Tirek or maybe the true Grogar showing up....face it, the Storm King was a sub-par villain at best. He was too comical for me to ever really take seriously.

It would be interesting to see his species show up. Who knows what they would have developed into after all this time?

Or future allies. Maybe under Gruber's direction, they got their act together.

To be honest though, I am not really interested in gen 5 as a whole, so it probably won't affect me too much.

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

The Storm King is a better villain than Sprout ever was, I’ll tell you that.

Heck, unlike Sprout, the Storm King had a superior sense of humor and constantly proved himself to be an intimidating threat no matter how much screen time he had. Whereas Sprout...not so much. That guy was nothing but a pathetic nuisance and the most one-dimensional character in the G5 film.

You think what you think. The Storm King was a clown for the most part. It was only towards the end that he actually started behaving like a villain instead of a clown who had someone else doing all his dirty work. What bothered me about Sprout is that he reminded me of real life bad guys and had real life bad views....racism, xenophobia and perhaps nationalism if Maretime Bay were its own nation....if you ask me, Tempest was the awesome villain. I think making her the primary villain and having the Storm King being a goofy looking sidekick would have been better.

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

If you’re not a fan of the Storm King, why are you here?

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

Also, how much of a difference do you think it would’ve made if the Storm King was given more screen time?

I'm simply stating that I think they could have done more with him....such as made him less of a clown....screen time wouldn't matter if the writers didn't make him a great villain. Now yeah there in the end he was a great villain but throughout most of the movie, he lacked substance.

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

Reminds me of when I displayed my review of the G5 film in those G5 groups, really. All I wanted to do was state that more could've been done with the movie and that it could've been so much better if not for things like the lackluster story, villains, and animation.

Hey, the worst I did was state that the Storm King left a lot to be desired and stated that Tempest would have made the better primary villain. You went on complaining about every single little thing, details as minor as the animation. You can think he was a great villain and I'll think he was lackluster....how about we just agree to disagree instead of starting a flame war?

The funny thing is the Storm King would probably have an easier time taking over Equestria now given its fractured state.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16