The Official Generation Five Site 690 members · 1,969 stories
Comments ( 22 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 22
Admiral Producer
Group Admin

Hello, everypony. Me again! This probably wasn’t the thread you were expecting, but I think it’s finally time to come clean about something. I…can’t do this admin job by myself. Wow, what a suspenseful twist, I hear you saying. Didn’t see that coming. But it’s true. Since I’ve currently been busy taking over the YouTube scene with my channel and spreading the good word of this generation through my videos, my ability to participate in discussions has been quite limited, let’s just put it mildly. I thought it would be easy, but having to juggle two responsibilities at once has been proven to be more difficult than expected. I miss being able to come on every single discussion and talk with you guys, and hopefully maybe with this new arrangement, I can since I hate being present only for the rulebreaking stuff. That’s not fun. Add onto the bad news, it feels like I have had to exercise my authority as an admin more and more over these past few days, both with calling out a minor mistake someone made, and being finally forced to ban someone whose values went against that of our group’s core values, in that this person (not naming names. If you know, you know) basically admitted to only making reviews on Make Your Mark with the sole intention of tearing it down and “making a statement” against G5. I was once again put in another situation like what happened with the Ohvist from before I took over the group. And…this takes a lot out of me. It does. It depresses me, and I’m sure it hurts Blue as well that we both had to cut ties with this individual. Having to be there constantly enforcing the rules has gotten too much for me to handle alone as I really don’t like having to ban people or issue out warnings. In an ideal scenario, I want y’all to be able to just discuss in peace without fear of reprisal. That’s all I’ve ever wanted with this group, to create the safe and healthy fandom environment I used to know. Don’t get me wrong. I’m proud to be doing my duty and providing the management this group needs, but with G5 haters getting more brazen and horrible negative vitriol infecting this group again, we’re at the point where some changes must be made. And so…we’re asking for your help.

We’ve decided that it would be in the best interests of this group to hire a bigger admin team. I’ve decided on a team of six admins in total, including Blue and I. That way, I can rest easy knowing that the group rules are being enforced and adhered to. Plus, I do think that some checks and balances on my executive authority would be nice. No one person should have all the power in the world, and I don’t want the management of this group to become dictatorial by any means. Everyone should feel like they’re an equal part of the process. That’s what the expanded admin team is for. Since Crystalbreeze and Edboii are probably never coming back, they don’t count. Meaning the admin power could be in your hands! Or…hooves, I should say. Help make The Official Generation Five Site a safer place for constructive and positive G5 discussion. You’re all welcome to apply for positions and a lucky four will be chosen based on who’s the most qualified. How I think this should work is that anyone who’s interested can PM either TheBlueEM2 or I, and we’ll give you a brief interview. I’ll probably be offline all day tomorrow, but I should be back at a reasonable enough time that I can interview all potential candidates. If not, Blue can take care of it. We’ll have to sort out the logistics together. By hopefully Tuesday night, I’ll narrow down the candidates to a manageable number and you’ll get to vote four winners through a Google Form. On Thursday, the extra admins will be elected by democratic popular vote, and get to join our team. If you’ve always wanted to help out this group in a massive way, now’s your chance to join us.

Hopefully, this new arrangement will mean that the group will be protected at all times by a watchful “Mane Six” and no responsibility becomes too overwhelming for one person. Election season’s coming early this year, folks. I’m excited to see who’s interested in becoming part of our team. If you’re interested, feel free to let me know in the comments below and PM us if you want to take the next step. Stay tuned for updates! [Why Are There No G5 Pony Emojis?]

I sometimes pop onto this website to view the recent threats being updated or made, and some stories being added to the groups. I also like to add in other stories to other groups as well, such as some G5 groups, writers, editors, crossovers, characters groups, etc.

Also I think the closest thing we got of G5 emojis are the lightning bolt, a heart, and a star, and planet earth

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

Given how long Crystalbreeze and Edboii have been offsite, it'd probably be a good idea to just go ahead and bump them down to contributor. That way, no one accidentally messages them when they have admin issues, and you don't have to worry if, say, someone breaks into one of their accounts or such. You can always re-promote them if they do show up again and want their admin powers back...

--Sweetie Belle

Admiral Producer
Group Admin

Just did it. Thanks for letting me know. :twilightsmile:

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

No problem!

--Sweetie Belle

99.999% sure it was A Man Undercover being his usual self (Ohvist is long gone, and I seriously doubt anyone's insane enough to let Mixmaster226 join the group.)

Not sure I'd be a good Admin though, so can't really help there :twilightsheepish:.

Flamewarrior02
Group Admin

Well, if no one else is going to step up I guess I’ll throw my hat in

The Blue EM2
Group Admin

More or less, I'm afraid. Only this time he said the quiet part out loud; he actually admitted his 'reviews' of G5 media are just mindless bashing.

He's been banned, so the only place he'll have left to moan is his echo chamber.

Flamewarrior02
Group Admin

So is that now permaban or still just a few weeks?

Admiral Producer
Group Admin

Just a few weeks since its technically his first major offense. Though AMU already told me that he wants to revoke his group membership and leave on his own terms, so I’ll allow him to do that once his temporary ban expires. The only reason why I’m not unbanning him just to do that as he initially requested is because that would send the wrong message to other members, that you can request to be unbanned just so you can make a statement to the group. It’s a silly reason that I’d rather not indulge him in.

The Blue EM2
Group Admin

Just a temp ban, but as Admiral noted he plans to leave of his own volition in two weeks anyway. This may seem a tad harsh, but good riddance.

Flamewarrior02
Group Admin

Well, he didn’t have any reason to be here anyway. I told him this was a fan group that would not like his negativity

The Blue EM2
Group Admin

What was especially bizarre was he seemed to be aware of that.

Its always those type of people that do some bad things, and are fully aware of it. I did search up of what its means, and there is one defination that stood out for me: cognitive dissonance (https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-cognitive-dissonance-2795012#:~:text=Here%20are%20just%20a%20few,but%20you%20do%20it%20anyway.).
Then again, we don't fully know him, or his mental health issues, so its best not to say that he does have it.

The Blue EM2
Group Admin

I'd actually go one step further and label it doublethink (which is kinda ironic given he liked accusing other people of acting in Orwellian ways). Doublethink is the ability to hold two contradictory viewpoints at the same time with no sense of cognitive dissonance.

7955379 Personally, I'll opt out of applying for this position for moral reasons. I don't approve of censorship. Disagreeing with a person should not be a bannable offense, IMO.

Flamewarrior02
Group Admin

It was more than just a disagreement, buddy

Admiral Producer
Group Admin

No one is censoring anyone. I put up with his opposing opinions for a long, long time, longer than I should’ve as I saw the red flags from Day 1. Him not seeing G5 the same way I did was never the problem. Did we have our spats? Yeah, but in every single scenario, I made a genuine effort to patch things up with him afterwards as I didn’t want our opposing views to get in the way of more important things, nor escalate into a full on feud. That was never my issue with him. The problem was that he flat out openly admitted that his reviews of Make Your Mark were mainly to make a stand against it and attempt to tear it down. Essentially meaning that they didn’t come from a genuine place and were just hit pieces. He was aware of that and had no trouble typing that in a comment for everyone to see. And I cannot in good conscience support someone like that, nor allow them to be part of the group. I don’t tend to judge users for behavior outside of the group, but…this was the one exception.

7956050 7956064 Censorship always has an excuse behind it.

Personally, I welcome adversaries. They protect us from the prospect of circle-jerk. With our protector gone, we now stand defenseless against the echo chamber looming over this group.

Admiral Producer
Group Admin

Call it censorship if you want, but it really isn’t. I kept him in, even as he was making these reviews against the show, because I do not censor people for their opinions. He and I disagreed on a ton of stuff regarding this generation in the past, but you know what? I still kept him in regardless. But if your sole intention with making reviews is not to provide constructive criticism and instead make tear-down pieces that think they’re so smart by wanting to destroy the piece of media you’re giving feedback on, then I’m sorry. That is just horrible. I believe reviews should be made because you genuinely have something to say, whether it be positive or negative, and that your intentions are purely to contribute your voice to a discussion. It should not be because you want to rip something to shreds and mindlessly bash it, all while openly admitting to doing so. I guess I appreciate his honesty, but that is just the worst kind of engagement in my opinion.

7956078 I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on the issue.

The Blue EM2
Group Admin

It was rather more than a disagreement. AMU was spreading information he knew was false, as we've corrected him on it numerous times. He also admitted in another post that he is solely interested in bashing G5.

Incidentally, I know of just the ally for AMU and his friend.

In the words of George Washington 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 22