Reverse Gender Role Equestria (RGRE) 2,134 members · 287 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

Life Finds a Way is well-written andvery thought out story, mostly focusing on the rules and physics of magic being learned by the main character, a colt that has inherited the memories of a middle-aged brony. It's one of my new favorites, but I'm not sure if it's RGRE.

I think it is, but I wanted your opinions.

It's a long read, but well worth it although some of the explanations for the main character's expriments and abilities are a bit long-winded and dry.

Definitely RGRE, just doesn't lean in to it ridiculously hard. Genre-expected not-spoilers: expected gender roles get touched on by his will-be herdmates every so often.

Very good story, strongly recommended. Updates are large and regular.

some of the explanations for the main character's expriments and abilities are a bit long-winded and dry

About half the readers (myself included) love this stuff, so I see that as a good thing. :twilightsmile:

Well, truthfully I like the stories involving humans. Though I would prefer stories where war and conquest is involved. But right now, I want to start a revolution against Celestia whiling opening Twilight's eyes to the truth of her teacher's plan.

It for sure is as, if it’s not exactly stated, there is a gender imbalance where Mare outnumber Stallions about 4-1.

(Heavy Spoilers)
Cure Wave is making motions towards fixing the gender imbalance with some nifty plants now that he’s a (True) Alicorn and has the resources and backing of the crown.

Its light RGRE at the very least. It sort of suffers from having little to no conflict or antagonizing force in the story, but it's still an enjoyable read. Helps that the protag isn't a clueless moron.

Still baffled no one has made any artwork for the story yet even though it is crazy popular.

It's a really enjoyable read, with decent humor and a likeable enough protagonist and family. Sometimes you just want to relax to a story that's more 'slice of life' themed with the occasional mini arcs, and this fits that niche well enough.

My only complaint would be wayyyy too many filly friends/potential future partners that personality wise get washed over with how overbearing Cure Wave can be. They almost become forgettable sadly.

I'm sure you've read Blurring Realities then. It's a good one with some RGRE, SI/OC, Anthro, and eventual Celestia turning into Daybreaker.
Also some dry science, world building and even SI/OC role in becoming an Enchanter that has some nasty strings attach...

I personally prefer the main character becoming a pony since that makes the ponies quickly accepting him but expecting him to conform to their social norms make more sense. But tht's just a personal preference.

I usually enjoy detailed explanations of how things work but in some places it was a bit much. I swear one of the earlier chapters felt like it was just one after another. Still, you can feel the LiveFreeorDie's enthusiasm in these detailed explanations.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10