The Horseback Riders 10 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
Night Doughnut
Group Admin

Hello, Everybody! Welcome to The Horseback Riders Group! If you are new here, Tell as a little about yourself.
For example

How long have you been riding horses?

If you haven't started riding, do you want to?

Do you have a favorite breed?

Any other hobbies?

Make yourself at home and enjoy!

Hiya!

So I'm not a regular rider, but on occasion (on long weekends or holidays) I'll see if there are any nearby ranches that offer trail rides. It's pretty easy to find them, and when I do get to ride I'm always happy and sore. :yay:

For breed, I'm not too sure. Horses in general are beautiful creatures. Clydesdales are just cool, they're huge and have that fringe around their hooves. Other than that, to me a horse is a horse. My goal is once I graduate from college to buy a whole lot of land and own one of my own.

Hobbies: well for one writing fiction. I love dressing up, not necessarily cosplay (I want to so badly!), but I go to ren faires and dress up as a wizard, got a bow so I'm into archery (shooting while on horseback woulde be awesome!) and to nerd out, doing research. I am a Biomedical Engineer undergrad but have plans to pursue the Ph.D, with focus on oncology (cancer).

Guess that's it, if you have any questions feel free to pm me. Thanks for creating this group! :twilightsmile:

Hello!

I'm not much of a rider either; Both my experiences involve a trainer at the side. I did ride an elephant one time, and it was wobbly as all get out. The person I definitely know as the better rider is my sister. But I know of a few ranches south of here, one of which offers a trail ride. Someday, someday.

Regarding breeds, I also have a preference from draught horses, but Appaloosa horses are a good second. At least until I get more acquainted with one more often as I would a dog when my opinion would change.

I'm pretty much an artist being taught digital animation. I haven't made anything yet for Youtube as of late, but as I make quality work for my portfolio, I might make another account just for my work while making other content for my current account. I play video games, go to cons, anything I can do as long as time and money allow.

That's just everything about me, but if you want to ask me anything else just leave a comment on my profile page or a PM.

Hi everyone!
I've been riding horses for 3 or 4 years now.. been to multiple different barns and ridden multiple different horses.
I have no idea what my fave breed is. I have some horses that are close to my heart (prepare yourself): Wayne, he's a Lipizzaner stallion; Whistler, he's an Andalusian stallion; Will, he's a Saddlebred gelding; Staccato, he's a Shire stallion and my absolute sweetheart (He's mine.. I've had him for 2 years?) He's a jumper and shocking the world that *surprise* a draft can jump. Who knew :ajbemused: My favorite of all of them is probably my boy Staccato, but it's really hard to choose. So, fave breed is Shire. Most likely. Maybe. Possibly.
I'm a 2nd degree black belt in taekwondo, I love free cross-country jumping my stallion, and that's about it.
If anyone ever needs advice for a horse, comfort after falling off, or rage about a speed demon, remember me!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4