Monster Mares 591 members · 509 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10
Robipony
Group Admin

So I've been experimenting around with a few ideas lately. One being the Equ-Bugbear.

As discussed in another topic the pony version of a werecreature would have the word Equ instead of Were. Now that I've explained that, hopefully you can see where I am going with this idea.

A pony that can take on the characteristics of a Bugbear. Whether it be activated by choose, alignment of celestial bodies, time of day, emotions, etc... The idea is that the mare will take on the combined characteristics of a Bugbear.

I am actually considering writing a story about this in the future (though some other projects have to come out first) so I thought I would just ask and see your thoughts/opinions on the matter. Let's make this into a marvelous conversation and try to keep it going for as long as possible.:raritywink:

I do enjoy the idea of a cursed mare becoming monstrous and bearlike, although I personally think even just a regular Equbear would work. Bugbears are already strange hybrids themselves.

This also leaves the potential for a multi-stage evolutionary path:

Mare
|
+-- Equbear
    |
    +-- Equbugbear
    |
    +-- Equursa Minor
        |
        +-- Equursa Major

Which Bugbear ?

OR

Robipony
Group Admin

6799392 the one from the show.

Replace "bugbear" with "manticore" and it reads about the same, almost procedural.

Robipony
Group Admin

6799597 So to clarify with everyone, what do you all think of a character who is a pony but under certain situations takes on Bugbear (from MLP) characteristics.

What are your thoughts on this character idea?

I am sorry if I come across as a jerk today. My weekend was rough and yesterday cr** hit the fan.:ajsleepy:

it's a cool ideal

Let's make her a unicorn,
so that when she changes, she can fly like a pegasus, and strong like a earth-pony.
But can't use magic.

How about a character who is a monstrous Bugbear, but under certain situations, takes on pony characteristics?

--Sweetie Belle

Robipony
Group Admin

6799621 That isn't a bad idea. Though remember we aren't trying to min max our characters (This isn't Ogres and Oubliettes). :raritywink:

6799751:fluttershysad:

6799786 It's not a bad idea, though it isn't quite what I had in mind.

I was thinking that she might have the following traits:

• Claws attached to the ends of her hooves.
  • Perhaps in increased amount of fur.
  • Sharp teeth.
  • The wasp like abdomen.
  • Insectile wings and antenna.

I'm not too sure if I would want to give her two additional legs or not.

Maybe her body is an unusual color that reflects that of a species of bee, like this...

WARNING! ATTACHED BELOW IS AN IMAGE OF A BEE! IF THAT SCARES YOU THEN AVERT YOUR EYES (because as far as I know spoilers still do nothing to cover up images here).

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10