Monster Mares 591 members · 509 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11
Robipony
Group Admin

Hello, this is Robipony, the original founder of this group. I just wanted to congratulate both Quillian Inkheart and Badwolf231, for becoming my fellow admins in this group.

I am confident that they both will do their best for this group, when times call for it.

As per usual, each one of them now has a favorites folder in the Admin's Favorite folder. All this means is that they can add Monster Mare themed stories that they like to those folder (so long as it isn't one of their own stories). Now don't panic if you see one of your stories in there. The duplicate story rule only applies to the other two libraries currently in existence. So take it as a compliment that an admin likes you story instead. :derpytongue2:

I trust that these admins will use these folders properly and not do what a lot of members here on FiMFiction do, which is favoriting a story just so they can read it later (that's what the Read Later folder is for) or put in stories that have nothing to do with this group. So you should have no fear that the stories in those folders are in there for genuine reason. :pinkiesmile:

Well, that is it for now. Please welcome our wonderful Monster Mare Savants. May their wisdom help guide us all. :twilightsmile:

Congrats! Wow, been a while since I checked forums on fimfic.

That reminds me, I should probably add a couple of my fics to this group ... brb >.>

Yay! Congratulations to Quill and Wolf!

--Sweetie Belle

How did they become admins? Was there a vote? Is this nepotism? Should I revolt?

Robipony
Group Admin

6814642 Well, they are individuals I trust would take good care of the group, who just so happen to also be my friends. So I suppose if you want you could argue that it is nepotism. Not sure why you would do that though. It isn't like we (any of the admins) are demanding taxes or anything.

It is nepotism, then.

Robipony
Group Admin

6814931 I mean I am an admin obviously. Then there is Quillian who is a good admin in his groups. Badwolf is also a good admin. So it isn't like they aren't qualified for the job.

I don't know. We should have an independent inquiry.

Quillian Inkheart
Group Admin

Heh; nepotism isn't really the right word, so much as being qualified to do this. My friendship with Robipony notwithstanding, I'm an Admin over in the Shameless Self-Promotion Bureau, as well as the Please Read My Story group. Robipony is an Admin over in the SSPB as well, but this was after I was given this position. On the other hand, his position in the SSPB was earned through a vote between myself and several other Admins. I've proven myself to be a fair and competent Admin who doesn't have a lot on his plate, meaning I can give a lot of attention to this Group.

As for Badwolf, he's proven himself to be a solid Admin in that he runs an entire Group himself, with a little help from a few Admins. I'll admit, I'm an Admin in his Group as well, but that's just a testament to my skills. I volunteered for that position, as Badwolf and myself were two surviving members from the original Please Read My Story group.

However, if you're concerned, we could bring in some outside sources to corroborate what I'm saying. I wouldn't mind that; honestly, it would be refreshing to make it clear to everyone that I didn't just pop into this position without good reason. I don't want there to be any doubt in my abilities to manage and administrate. :twilightsmile: In fact, one of the people who could vouch for me is right here already, SweetieAI Belle. They Admin countless Groups themselves and are one of the best Admins I've ever seen; always on the ball, despite the amount of work on their table.

Thanks!

And yes, I can vouch for Quill and Robipony. I promoted Quill to be an admin in the Brony group, and later to the SSPB, after discussing it with the other admins. Quill was already posting posts where they were handling things like I'd want an admin to before I gave them the position. I've seen them post things in a group they aren't admin in since where they were acting exactly like an admin should have been as well.

And since Robipony was on a list of people who wanted to be an admin in the SSPB, I'd been watching him for a fair while, felt he was a good fit, and I'm happy with him as admin.

I can't vouch for Badwolf231 simply on a "I don't know them as an admin" basis, though. If I was in groups they ran, maybe I'd vouch for them, but I don't think I am.

Oh, and a lot of admins do know each other and are friends. If you need an admin for a group, other admins you know in other groups are going to come to mind, and a lot of time you'll go for a known quantity rather than somepony you don't know anything about...

--Sweetie Belle

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11