The Break Away Collab Group 29 members · 1 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15
cleverpun
Group Admin

Sorry I wasn't online for two weeks; I had an argument with my ISP. By the looks of it, some people have been working on their chapters and some have not, so once I finish applying for jobs, I'll start going over everything again.

Crack-Fic Casey
Group Contributor

Dang, hope everything works out for you.

cleverpun
Group Admin

6075727 Thanks. My internet is hooked back up, so that's a start lol.

Sollace
Group Contributor

Welcome back!

I swear I'm going to get those rewrites done. Eventually

Moosetasm
Group Contributor

Apologies from my end if my rewrites are going slowly. It's the weeks leading up to schools starting and I register students for school. Been buried in work.

nioniosbbbb
Group Contributor

Past the one comment that you guys made on my remade chapter I haven't had anything to do with it and with farm job on the rise I've been not doing much in my writing anyway. We'd best complete this a bit fast otherwise I'm going to be missing for the exams in September and I won't be having much time to do stuff.

Crack-Fic Casey
Group Contributor

I left two comments, and I'm not sure how what other suggestions I can add. The way the pride lesson doesn't work for this specific person very well, and removing some of the hoops she needs to go through to get the Amulet at the very beginning and at the very end might help focus the thing.

nioniosbbbb
Group Contributor

If you didn't notice I've rewritten it. It starts from page 11.

Crack-Fic Casey
Group Contributor

That's what I left comments on.

No Raisin
Group Contributor

Welp, hopefully I can get my third draft done by the time you come back. :unsuresweetie:

nioniosbbbb
Group Contributor

6078805 I don't follow can you get a bit more specific?

Welcome back! Blargh, life so busy

Crack-Fic Casey
Group Contributor

As I said in my comment in the story itself, the moral "Take pride in your accomplishments and don't settle" doesn't work for this character because those things are holding her back. She ends the story feeling like she's taken a step backwards instead of a step forwards. If you were to give that lesson to someone who has trouble acknowledging their own accomplishments, like Fluttershy, it would work better.

nioniosbbbb
Group Contributor

6080786 I think we've talked about this with Clever. She doesn't have to learn. The story doesn't have to have an out. In fact it could be just something to punctuate her stubborness/hollow pride.

I still feel like you're talking about pre-rewrite but ok.

Again as I've said before if this doesn't work I'll have to either write a new one about a different subject or scrap this all together and go.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15