Time Action Glory Challenge! 95 members · 176 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16
Themaskedferret
Group Admin

Hey Gang, Hearts and Hooves Day will soon be upon us and what better time to do some writing about your favourite two, or three, or more characters?

The way this is gonna work is I'll give you a prompt or more and you go write a story! It can be as close or as far from the prompt as you like. The story can be a few hundred words to a few thousand. Then on Hearts and Hooves day(*), you post and bask in the love and adulation you'll net from writing about under appreciated characters.

Prompts:
- X and Y are dating when Z confesses their love. How do they handle it?
- "I'm sick of Hearts and Hooves day! I'm going to make my own day instead!"
- Someone has stolen Hearts and Hooves day! Clearly this calls for a rollicking adventure to get it back.
- X has a crush on Y. But what happens when they don't understand each other's romantic customs?

Alright, get to writing and post them here on Hearts and Hooves day!

(*)Yes I'm aware that's not two weeks, but c'mon, do you really wanna wait til after Hearts and Hooves to post?

Carabas
Group Contributor

Y'know, I'd never really seriously plotted out a crack pairing before reading these prompts and consulting the tag stat thread. But then some wonderful, terrible stars aligned, and I'm sure nothing good can come of this, but I'll gie it a whirl anyway.

Impossible Numbers
Group Admin

Interesting. Haven't written romance before, but I guess you gotta start somewhere. I may give the fourth prompt a go, provided I get this other project I'm doing out of the way first.

Masterweaver
Group Admin

The whole point of this group is to make stories for those that have too few. So...

Themaskedferret
Group Admin

5776767 I could do thaaatt....Are you interested?

Themaskedferret
Group Admin

General Reminder that Romance fics are due to be posted tomorrow for the prompt challenge. Make sure to add them to the story folder.:pinkiehappy:

Carabas
Group Contributor

Welp, je regrette rien. The Strangest of These, featuring everyone's clumsy galoot turned rodeo clown, as well as the Spirit of Chaos himself. And may whatever providence can be bothered fielding it have mercy on my soul.

Impossible Numbers
Group Admin

Ladies and gentlemen! It gives me great pleasure to present to you this, the first White Lightning story on fimfiction.net, my first romance fic, and my entry for the first official challenge of this group. Happy Hearts and Hooves - I mean, Happy Valentine's Day! :twilightsmile:

Title: White Lightning and the Elite Pony

Characters: White Lightning, Other

Genres: Romance, Drama, Slice of Life

Summary: On the outside, White Lightning the pegasus and Ponet the unicorn have a perfectly normal, perfectly fine relationship. At the very least, a meek and nondescript weather pony going out with an artiste harbouring high aspirations is... well, there have been stranger combinations in Equestria.

Unfortunately, things are a little more complicated than they seem, and neither side can fully open up to the other. Not even on Hearts and Hooves Day.

Impossible Numbers
Group Admin

Okey dokey, so what happens next? I'm guessing it's straight to judging, but is there a schedule? A release date for results? Another prompt for February? :pinkiehappy:

Themaskedferret
Group Admin

5801697 It's a prompt challenge. not a contest... And if you wanna do another prompt challenge go for it n_n

Impossible Numbers
Group Admin

:rainbowderp: Oh.

So... no judging, no feedback, no rankings or anything of that nature? No follow-ups?

And I can make a prompt up, just like that? Nothing I have to do first, like OK it with one of the group admins or equivalent? I have never done anything like that before...

Themaskedferret
Group Admin

5802037 Sadly we're not the writeoff and don't pull that kinda numbers, but if you want to get feedback there are lotsa groups on fimfic that try and do that.

as for a prompt, run it by Masterweaver if you've any concerns. :twilightsmile:

Impossible Numbers
Group Admin

Sadly we're not the writeoff and don't pull that kinda numbers, but if you want to get feedback there are lotsa groups on fimfic that try and do that.

Fair enough. What is, is. I hope we do pull some bigger numbers, though. This group has a core goal that I really like, and given its ambition, it really needs lots of collaborators to chip in.

as for a prompt, run it by Masterweaver if you've any concerns. :twilightsmile:

:scootangel: Sweet. This has so much potential... but I'll have to think it over first. :unsuresweetie:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16