Time Action Glory Challenge! 95 members · 176 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
Masterweaver
Group Admin

Welcome to the group devoted to ensuring the underutilized do not remain that way!

Please, have a seat, I'm doing calculations. I'll be with you soon enough.

Masterweaver
Group Admin

Well, that's all done! So, again! Welcome! Feel free to introduce yourself here!

Impossible Numbers
Group Admin

Impossible Numbers: pseudonymous fan of MLP:FiM since I stumbled across it in November 2011. I will continue to be a fan of the early seasons in particular, even if the series as a whole suddenly tanks (though naturally there are lots of episodes to recommend in the later seasons too). It is a good source of writing inspiration for me.

Considering some of the characters that have fallen by the wayside fanfic-wise, this is exactly the sort of group that I would want to join. So many newcomers in Seasons Five and Six have somehow fallen off the radar, and when other characters are getting hundreds and thousands of stories a year, that seems like a terrible waste of potential.

Special mention must go to the Lore characters, who are Main Six expies responsible for the founding of the very country this show is set in, and come from a tantalizingly detailed historical context that's just begging to be explored: pony conflicts, tribal divisions, the invention or discovery of friendship magic itself. Yet they get less attention than most random background schmucks.

More generally, there are a lot of tags here I'd like to see get their dues. If we don't meet the target of 100 stories minimum for each character, we can at least meet the next best thing. Looking forward to seeing what happens over the coming months. :rainbowdetermined2:

bookplayer
Group Contributor

Oh, hey, we have one of these.

bookplayer here. I joined the site almost five years ago, and I've been primarily active in shipping (AppleDash and TwiJack.) I don't have as much time as I used to for fic (I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter, Trixie. (Human-baby-Trixie if a distinction needs to be made between her and the pony)) but I've been keeping my hand in as much as I can.

I've never been a huge fan of side characters, though many of my favorites were introduced well after my early writing binges, but it happened that when this group was made I was just gearing up to post a novel length Smart Cookie/Celestia romance fic. And in designing the Lore characters as their own characters, I ended up with a cast and setting I couldn't wait to focus on more. So expect me to be doing my part in filling up those Lore slots!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4