The Nightmare Factory 110 members · 244 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
LyraAlluse
Group Admin

What is the worst food you've ever eaten?

For me I think it would have to be Go-Gurts. They taste awful. I would say they taste similar to plastic with some odd favoring thrown in for good measure.

I tried freezing one and eating it because my friend said it would taste better like a popsicle or something but it tasted like I was licking a frozen Barbie leg. :trixieshiftright:

Anyway how about you guys? What is the worst food you've eaten. I'm curious to know

the7Saviors
Group Contributor

For me it was this (I think) vegan cereal. I can't remember the name of it, it was so long ago, but I'm pretty sure it was almost literally just wood chips and pieces of cardboard in a box. Milk and sugar did nothing to cover the awful, awful taste and I just wound up throwing out the entire box after like three spoonfuls of the first bowl. I wasn't the one that bought the cereal and I actually don't even know why I tried it in the first place. I know I didn't realize what I was biting into until it was too late.

Losing my appetite just thinking about that stuff... :pinkiesick:

LyraAlluse
Group Admin

7746508 That sounds traumatizing. Come to think of it many years back I ate some type of vegan health bar that was similar to what you described. The outside legit tasted like cardboard or something and the center was filled with what I guess was supposed to be like a fruit paste but it tasted awful like toothpaste or something. It definitely wasn't a pleasant experience.

the dobermans
Group Contributor

Burnt spring roll.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7746508 I once bought pig meat but a big part of it was just leather (pig's skin). I was so angry that I got cheated out of my meat that I ate the skin as well. Well, I tried but I couldn't even take a bite. So I fried it until it was black, but I still couldn't. So I let it stew for a while. I could finally chew it, and it tasted awful, every last bit of it.

sevenofeleven
Group Contributor

Chitlins, chitterlins, hog guts.
It was gross and then my brother teased me about a missing fly.

Then there was this time I had some food from a restaurant that was a hole in the wall.
The appetizer was some sort of burnt meat stuff, yuck.
The other things were good.

LyraAlluse
Group Admin

7746573 I'd imagine that wouldn't be very good. It would be akin to eating burnt roast but with some weird lettuce inside. :rainbowlaugh:

LyraAlluse
Group Admin

7746603 Meat you can't bite into. What a tease. :duck:

LyraAlluse
Group Admin

7746613 I remember going to this restaurant that served Mexican food with my grandpa many years back. Ants were crawling all over and when they served one of our dishes I kid you not it had some ants squirming in it or something. We basically just got up and left after he sent the meal back to the kitchen. One of the weirdest dine-in experiences I've probably ever had.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9