Reviewers Cafe 576 members · 410 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13
Cadiefly
Group Contributor

[Review on Permanent Hiatus Per Staff's Request; Analysis and Original Review Available Privately Per Author's Request]

OkemosBrony
Group Admin

Camera Guy: Uhhhh... We don't get paid. This is a fandom. There's no room for paying our...

Remember, when the IRS comes around, tell them we do pay you a fair and living wage and this was just a joke.

6609928 is right. A review should be helpful and explain what's wrong rather than leave a verdict and tell a joke or two.

To those disliking my comment and disagreeing with me because I'm just a random guy on Fimfiction: I've been a critic on this site since I was 15 years old, and since then I've learned that a review should be a reflection on one's opinion. Writing a skit is fine, but at least show us that you care.

If Curify can find meaning in this shitpost fic, that means you can make your own interpretation if you're willing to put forth the effort.

Cadiefly
Group Contributor

I sincerely apologize for the perceptions I have given you. It was never my intentions to make it appear as though I was treating his story like trash. It was truly within my heart to want to give him a good time.

Allow me to pull this current revision of my review down, and in the morning I will rework on my review proper with the more traditional format that I am more familiar with. My only explanation for my lapse in judgment was that I try to anticipate what the author would like me to focus on the most, and sometimes, as with this case, that doesn't work out. I hope you find it in your hearts to forgive me, as I will continue to strive toward improvement and give everyone my best effort.

If there was ever a fic worth bashing, this one was not it. This fic needed to be euthanized.
I did not read the thing, but it's pretty clear that it's unlikely to be anything but a shitpost. I am fully aware about judging books by their covers, but in this instance I'd say the cover tells us enough.
That said, reviewer should indeed either do a proper review in order to get rid of the godawful cover art from the submission list, or the group should reserve the right to choose its clients.

You were right first time around.

It's pure ass.

Cadiefly
Group Contributor

Huh, I was wondering if that was the thing that did it. I was referring to sweeping my dumb review under the rug, not the story. :duck:

Cadiefly
Group Contributor

Again, wasn't my intentions to come off as rude. I could never live with myself if that was the case. :fluttershyouch:

What I meant earlier by trying to anticipate what the author would like stems from a previous review of mine where I tried to thoroughly review a story with an interesting artistic style like this one. I did my best, going into enough details of what I thought could be improved. It was my usual type of review and most people seem to be happy with that style. but in that review, it was different. He had said, "I didnt want this. All of which you pointed out, I did on purpose."

They had wanted me to focus on something else. Hence i came into this with stating at the end, "I can delve into the analysis here, but..." See, I am sure I could have put more in this one, but I knew I was running the risk of offending the person by offering the wrong suggestions because I was a big dummy head for not understanding the artistic style.

I had put a lot of thought into trying to anticipate what he might prefer, and I truly meant well. I had a lapse in judgment over what that preference would be. :fluttercry:

OkemosBrony
Group Admin

Alright, it appears that we got a little out of hand here. I’m putting a damper on this thread, Assy Assman if you would like to discuss your review feel free to contact us via PM.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13