Pennsylvania Bronies 15 members · 37 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

I'm in Grove City, western PA now, a small town which Wikipedia says has 2.7 square miles and 8200 people. Known for its outlet malls, which aren't actually in Grove City and we don't get their taxes, and its conservative Christian college, which ranks 1,419th out of 1,426 in niche.com's ranking of US party schools. Been here 3 years. (Also lived in Detroit, Baltimore, Buffalo, Boston, and near DC.)

Huh. I've got a cousin down in Evans City. I live in Bellefonte over in the centre of the state, down the valley a bit from Party Central, University Park and its adjunct town full of academic camp followers. I used to have a professor who made hick jokes about Bellefonte, which I think he did to discourage the dirty damn students from moving to his nice bedroom community. I've been here since the summer of 2000, which means I and my hypothetical progeny are not local. But any hypothetical grand-progeny would no doubt grudgingly qualify as Bellefontians.

Hey, it's a short commute to work.

I currently am hailing from Robert Morris University, which is located in Moon Township near Coraopolis., but I'm originally from the city of Altoona.

5775442 Huh. For most of my life, I've thought of Robert Morris as sitting on the edge of Downtown, with that building with the prominent sign just before you make that turn east up to the Boulevard of the Allies. I see now that they sold out the last of the Downtown campus to Duquesne back in 2010.

You think that your hometown keeps on existing in its platonic state, like a fading photograph, even when you're not there to see the changes. But it has an existence independent of your memories and that hometown can become a foreign country while you were busy not being there.

You think that your hometown keeps on existing in its platonic state, like a fading photograph, even when you're not there to see the changes. But it has an existence independent of your memories and that hometown can become a foreign country while you were busy not being there.

:duck: Interesting insight, although I am aware that my hometown changes during my absence. I call back home to ask about it all the time.

wayyyyy late but turtle creek 12 miles from dahtawn Pittsburgh also its crick NOT creek :pinkiecrazy:

Holy shit! I toured there when I was college-searching before even my father realized they wouldn’t accept me whatsoever. I still pass through Grove City pretty often, since it’s close to family and such.

My undergraduate studies are happening much farther north in PA than Grove City, though. I didn’t think there was anyone in this part of the state. Everyone I know is either center or Eastward… or just in Ohio.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7