The Antifascist Iron Front 76 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 43 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 43
ADRNEL
Group Contributor

Here is a list of words and terms thrown around within the alt-right and other neo-reactionary movements:

(This list of not exhaustive, as new phrases, are being invented all the time, but I did highlight some of the most common ones I have encountered).

1488: The 14 symbolizes the number of words with the following slogan: "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for White Children.". The 88 symbolizes HH which is an abbreviation for the phrase "Heil Hitler". Mostly used by Neo-Nazis, used sarcastically everywhere else.

Cuck: Weak men who are traitors to the white race. Usually used to describe liberals. The term "Cuckservative" is used to describe non-liberals who are not conservative enough for their tastes or is a sell-out.

Echoes ((( ))): Three parentheses placed around Jewish words, names and phrases to denote a Jewish connection. The "reverse echoes ))) (((" are used to describe a person who is supposedly surrounded by Jews or Jewish influence.

Helicopter Ride: Augusto Pinochet's favorite form of execution; throwing them off of helicopters.

Shoah (שואה): Hebrew for "calamity", used in English as an alternate name for the Holocaust. Used by the alt-right to describe a situation of mild inconvenience.

Social Justice Warriors "SJW": A meaningless phrase used to describe any person who is a feminist, anti-racist, pro-LGBTQ and any other social progressive. Used interchangeably with the equally meaningless phrase "Cultural Marxists."

If there is any other phrases or words you have encountered, please share below.

5546253 REEEEEEEEEE.

It's a sound a species of frog makes. Often associated with Pepe.

I feel like Attack Helicopter and Trick should both be here

Alsvid
Group Admin

This is a good thread.

It's important to remember that 'cuck' doesn't juuuuust mean a man who lets his wife have sex with other men, but black men in particular.

This is supported by a quick glance at HOW altering people use the term.

I can hit up an article that goes into this in detail.

Because, you know, that's miscegenation, or tainting the racial purity of the white race - which is another term you may want to add to that list, along with "white genocide": the idea that Jewish people are telling black men to destroy the white race by impregnating white people.

Alsvid
Group Admin

Coal burner, mudshark: pejoratives for white women who have interracial relationships.

5546259 Though, it should be noted that Pepe is not symbolic of any form of white supremacy.

ADRNEL
Group Contributor

Degenerate: A person devoid of any good qualities or fails to live up to the standards set by the alt-right, could be used to describe anyone who is not part of the alt-right or do things that are opposite to them.

Originally used by the Nazis to describe works (e.g. degenerate art, degenerate film) that were either produced by Jews or Communists or just did not meet the Nazi ideal.

Alsvid
Group Admin
Alsvid #9 · Oct 8th, 2016 · · 1 ·

DINDU NUFFIN:

A two-in-one racist term used to mock African American Vernacular English, and the victims of police violence/death by cop.

It is often deployed thus:

muh baby was a good boy he DINDU nuffin

Famously used by two armed white males on a YouTube video BEFORE they opened fire on a BLM protest.

There are new codes being promoted to get around website censors by using Internet companies. I wish I could remember what each one specifically meant. I believe Googles is for African-Americans, Yahoos for Mexicans, and something else for Jewish people. If you see a post with out-of-context Internet company names with attached calls for violence, it's probably that.

Social Justice Warriors "SJW": A meaningless phrase used to describe any person who is a feminist, anti-racist, pro-LGBTQ and any other social progressive. Used interchangeably with the equally meaningless phrase "Cultural Marxists."

I particularly like this one, myself. It's just so completely lacking in any kind of self-awareness. I mean, really, is there a more obvious way to shout "I am the bad guy here!" than using "social" and "justice" as insults? It's like that Penn & Teller skit. Gee, black uniforms with skulls taped all over them. Declaring that you stand for antisociality and injustice. Surely those are wonderful people who just love kittens and rainbows. Never mind the skull fortress in the backyard, it's just cultural.

But seriously, that's just so politically inept it's pitiful. Coming up with insulting epithets for your political opposition is supposed to frame the debate in your favour. You're not supposed to use nice words. That's not an insult, that's literally intrinsically a compliment. How do you even manage to suck at words so much that you go around shouting "yes, you're a better person than me!" at your political enemies?

Alsvid
Group Admin

I have literally been saying this forever.

You hate being social and justice? What the fuck is wrong with you? Are you, like, an anime villain in the Japanese animes? Are you going to monologue in front of a window while holding a glass of wine about how a man is a miserable little pile of secrets? How can you be so fundamentally broken that you believe you need to fight against being a social animal and advocating justice?

Of course, we live in an age now where little kids think the Holocaust is funny, genocide is a punch line, and black people are the real racists, so, recently, I kinda stopped giving the whole matter my attention and have come to grips with the fact that I was cursed with the fate of living in an age where being evil is not only socially acceptable, but you're stupid if you don't agree with them.

Mind you, mankind has seen ages like these before. This is nothing new. It's not for nothing that people say that 2016 looks like 1940.

It's important to remember than when you compel people to say why they hate social justice, they mumble some irrelevant bullshit about how, ah, one time this black woman on Tumblr said 'white people, lmao' and that's why social justice sucks.

Or they make up a cool story about how some Tumblrina Social Justice Warriors got some cis-het white male fired from his job and doxxed him and whatnot, and that's why social justice sucks.

They can't really articulate why they hate social justice outside of some strawmen. The stories they tell about how people lost their jobs because of Social Justice are also fucking laughable; people are losing their goddamned lives out here, but please, tell me again about how dem evil SJW CUCK Tumblrina Racist Black People made Saint Christopher White-Guy lose his job. Saint Christopher is the real victim, here, you people! Can't you see that?! :raritycry:

Edit:

You...you ever notice how a lot of the SJWs the SJW haters dislike are Jewish?

I mean, just type in skeleton Jew or SJEW into Google and there ya go.

EDIT2:

I am strongly of the opinion that people don't hate tumblr because of skeleton scary ghosts, but because of the large userbase of minorities and LGBT people. That's the real thorn in their side.

EDIT3:

Anti-SJW logic:

You're black and made an offhand remark about white people? literally white genocide. I will ignore the dichotomy of these people thinking genocide is a joke one minute, then screaming about white genocide the next because that's a whole other potato that needs handling on its own.

You are white and made an offhand remark about white people? Obviously you are an SJW cuck who lets Jerome and Shawnathan and Tyreese run a train on your wife every single night to further the white genocide, because the jews corrupted your mind with TV shows about interracial sex, etc.

Or they make up a cool story about how some Tumblrina Social Justice Warriors got some cis-het white male fired from his job and doxxed him and whatnot, and that's why social justice sucks.

Well, credit where credit it due: tumblr really is a shithole and basically the lefty equivalent of Freep. Not even tumblr likes tumblr. The place runs entirely on circlejerking and pretentiousness. Nothing good ever comes from there.

But yeah, using "SJW" as an insult and meaning it? Basically the mark of the hanger-on. The only way to say something that stupid and never notice is to simply never actually think about anything you're saying. Real ideologues care too much about their beliefs to actively shoot themselves in the foot like that.

Alsvid
Group Admin

Well, I've been online for about 20 years, and it seems to me that any large internet community will have a good share of garbage.

Tumblr isn't really special in that regard. I am definitely not going to try to die on the hill of defending Tumblr as a nice and cool place, but I feel the outrage the spicy internet memers display towards tumblr is unnecessary and suspect.

I think it's mostly just an easy target, like mocking Fox News. The reputation for echo-chamber stupidity it has is pretty well-deserved, for whatever it's worth, and I really have no respect for that kind of thing no matter whose "side" it's technically on.

Alsvid
Group Admin

That's reasonable. I wouldn't put it past people to be trolling on there, too.

Another dichotomy! Alt-Right Nazi Trolling? Super cool!

Trolling white people by saying white girls like pumpkin spice? ALERT ALERT WHITE GENOCIDE IN PROGRESS, DEPLOY THE RARE PEPES

ADRNEL
Group Contributor

Another word from the Alt-Right:

Rapefugee: A combination of the words "Rape" and "Refugee". Used to indicate the belief that refugees are responsible for a great number of rapes and sexual assaults against white European/American women.

Arctic Song
Group Contributor

black people are the real racists

Black People can be racist to you know.

SJW

At least they don't call you Gorilas.

Snowflakes: Used to indicate Mental and Emotional weakness.

Black People can be racist to you know.

Sorry, had to point that out. :twilightblush:

Arctic Song
Group Contributor

Fixed, Thank you.

ADRNEL
Group Contributor

Autistic: used exactly like the word "retarded" to describe what they think is stupid, mentally incompetent or just used as an insult.

"These regressive sjws are just being autistic as always."

I particularly like this one, myself. It's just so completely lacking in any kind of self-awareness. I mean, really, is there a more obvious way to shout "I am the bad guy here!" than using "social" and "justice" as insults?

Oh no. This rhetorical slight of hand might work as a cheap joke, but as an argument, it utterly fails to be convincing. In particular, it is itself completely devoid of self-awareness, and it is also devoid of any kind of hermeneutic capacity. In essence, if you use that as an argument, it only shows that you understand neither the Alt-Right nor yourself - and I hope I don't have to quote Sun-Tzu here. We simply cannot afford to resort to such cheap dishonest rhetorics, because the Alt-Right is simply better at being cheap and dishonest than we are. If we fight on that field, we will lose.

For starters, you just committed a petitio principii fallacy. You know very well that Social Justice is not just a name for any idea of "justice" in general, but for a very specific political conception of justice. You simply pretend that your specific conception of justice is the only one conceivable. Anyone with even the slightest bit of philosophical and historical awareness knows that there are just as many different concepts of justice as there are people who have thought about that topic - possibly even more. In essence, your argument is logically equivalent to a member of the Religious Right saying "you deny the biblical concept of God's justice, therefore you must be an injust person". It's blatantly obvious that that kind of argument doesn't work. You can not presuppose what needs to be proven. Even if your concept of justice eventually turned out to be the only correct or feasible one, you cannot presuppose that it's the only one conceivable, because that is blatantly false.

Incidentally, this is exactly how people even outside the Alt Right come to the conclusion that there must be something "totalitarian" about Social Justice ideas. Your remark foreshadows a situation where everyone who disagrees with, criticizes or attacks your particular concept of Social Justice has to be afraid of being branded an injust person, and where your concept subsequently cannot even debated any more. As a matter of fact, this attitude is even potentially toxic for the unity of anti-fascist groups, for the very same reason. For example, it is likely that my concept of justice is also different from yours as well.

Snowflakes: Used to indicate Mental and Emotional weakness.

Example sentence: "Have you seen how Donald Trump reacts to even slightest provocations? That guy is a total snowflake!" :pinkiecrazy: Seriously though, "snowflake" is one of the Alt Right terms that can most easily be turned around and used against them.

ADRNEL
Group Contributor

Christmas has come early this year, for I have come bearing gifts of new terms:

Deus vult (God wills it): Battle cry of the Crusaders, used by the Alt-right to imply that another Crusade is necessary. Also used by people to sound tough.
Word of advise: Anyone who uses this term as a meme automatically loses the right to be taken seriously.

Gender studies: A short hand used to describe any academic study the alt-right finds useless (a.k.a any study that doesn't support their worldview).

Globalism: Synonym for globalization, used to describe any philosophy or policy that supports multiculturalism and immigration (may be part of a Jewish conspiracy according to them).

Mainstream media: Any media that does not support the alt-right's views or their spout their talking points (possibly because they are controlled by Jews)

Red pill: Often used within the context of "taking the red pill", it symbolizes that a person has converted into the alt-right, anyone who has not taken the red bill is "bluepilled" or "cucked". Inspired by the The Matrix, a movie made by two-transgender women, where a black man enlightens someone about the flaws in the system. (i.e. whoever came up with this phrase probably never watched the whole movie).

White genocide: the idea that around the world, white people are undergoing a genocide of their gene line and culture. Basically anything a non-white does, like having babies, migrating, dating whites, etc, is genocide against whites.

Globalism: Synonym for globalization, used to describe any philosophy or policy that supports multiculturalism and immigration (may be part of a Jewish conspiracy according to them).

To be fair, "globalization" actually describes the increasingly free flow of capital across country borders. It has nothing to do with multiculturalism or immigration. As a matter of fact, the Alt Right does not actually want to abandon globalization, and neither could they even if they wanted to. "Globalism" is a buzzword, coined for no other reason than to have something they can oppose to nationalism, and it's essentially an umbrella term for any political view they don't like. It doesn't actually have to do anything with globalization. (Globalization is not a political view, but an economic reality.)

Red pill: Often used within the context of "taking the red pill", it symbolizes that a person has converted into the alt-right.

Actually, Red Pill originally described the process of ideologically divorcing oneself from third-wave feminism (usually to the point of becoming some sort of anti-feminist). Not all people who do this turn full Alt Right (although I still don't agree with them, obviously), but by now the term Red Pill seems to have been appropriated and re-defined by the Alt Right.

Incidentally, by now there are a few other "pills" out there as well:
Black Pill: Combination of MGTOW and radical nihilism, possibly to the point of self-destruction (associated with Tyler Durden, though in reality, they just seem to be guys who drink themselves to death while whining about women being evil).
Workers' Crimson Pill: Obviously not used by the Alt Right, but it has been around certain Leftist discussion and image boards for a while - though it hasn't seen that much use. Essentially, anti-Idpol orthodox Marxism. (I was into that myself for a while, but I have returned to a more open stance towards leftist Identity Politics in the last year or so.)

These are the ones I came across a few times. I think there are a few more out there as well.

wlam #27 · Dec 17th, 2017 · · 3 ·

You just wrote one and a half pages on why framing "social justice" as the enemy is actually totally not a bad thing and I can promise you I didn't read a word of it.

Besides, if you had any clue what you're talking about, you'd know that sophistry and semantic trickery are what politics are all about. It's a matter of phrasing the discussion in your terms no matter who is talking.

You just wrote one and a half pages on why framing "social justice" as the enemy is actually totally not a bad thing and I can promise you I didn't read a word of it.

That has nothing to do with what I wrote. But then again, you admit to not having read it anyway - which kind of makes me wonder how you can even say what my comment is about if you didn't read it. Seems like you just aren't good at lying.

Besides, if you had any clue what you're talking about, you'd know that sophistry and semantic trickery are what politics are all about.

And here we have the reason why you misrepresent what I said. You just admitted to being hardwired for dishonesty and deception, proving that even talking to you is utterly pointless. You didn't even misrepresent me because you misunderstood me, you did it deliberately in order to reframe the discussion so you can dodge criticism. I think your attitude is toxic and not conductive to antifascist struggle, since anything you do will sooner or later weaken our position. I have no interest in talking to someone who has admitted to being willing to constantly bombard me with transparent lies, deception, and bullshit. Anyone with even a slight of self-esteem will feel the same way. Why would anyone want to listen to what you have to say? After all, you're not on TV, you're not a famous politician with a popular face. You're on the internet. You can't fall back on your aura of authority to get people to listen to you - and with your attitude, they won't have any other reason either.

It's a matter of phrasing the discussion in your terms no matter who is talking.

First of all, you suck at this even by your own criteria. Your deceptions are bloody obvious to anyone with a brain. Secondly, it is quite possible to do that without being a dishonest fuck. But to be fair, that does require a good bit of intelligence.

wlam #29 · Dec 17th, 2017 · · 1 ·

Oh, nonsense. All politics are deception. It's why, say, feminism and black civil rights have been so comparatively successful in 20th-century political activism, aside from the fact that they were objectively more morally correct: they framed the debate. It's the basic law of successful propaganda: "Even if you disagree with me, you have to use my words, and if you don't, you'll look like a bad person."

The reason "nigger" and "women belong in the kitchen" are public gaffes is to frame the debate in a set of terms where the opinions expressed by these terms and phrases are intrinsically depicted as unacceptable, immoral and wrong. Say what you want about rhetorics, but they're successful, which is why they've been the central angle of political training since ancient Rome. When I say that making "social justice" the enemy is idiotic, I'm not talking about what they actually mean to say with it, I'm talking about what the sheer wording will signify to anyone who isn't already immured in the alt-right mindset and newspeak. In the same way "socialism" is a dirty word to most Americans, "justice" is not.

And that's what makes anyone who uses that term in a derogatory way a moron. Most people do, in fact, like justice, and unless you're already the kind of person who thinks that darkies and bitches shouldn't try to rise above their station, framing it as the enemy makes you out as the villain of the debate by default, whether you want it or not.

Say what you want about rhetorics, but they're successful

Yours are not.

They're successful when used by someone who knows what he's doing. You don't. You are not good at this game. If you think you have to resort to manipulation in politics, fair enough. But don't make it bloody obvious. It won't work.

And don't try this on people who are on your side, and are trying to criticize you so you can flesh out your position and your approach. It will alienate the only people who are on your side, and that is decidedly not the goal of political manipulation.

Similarly, when talking to people who are still more or less undecided, the goal is to convince them and turn them to your side. Trying to make them the villain of the debate will push them away. You can still vilify their former positions when you have already won some ground with them, if you think you have to. But not when you're still trying to convince them.

Your methods are crude and transparent, and your goals are ill-defined. Either get better, or do something else.

My, aren't you just the rudest little dipshit. I am ever so hurt.

Good to see that you don't take this too badly. Anything else you want to say?

wlam #33 · Dec 17th, 2017 · · 2 ·

Only that you are really rather unreasonably offended on these people's behalf and that you might be better served in a different group if you are so quick to jump to the defense of their clever, clever wordplay.

:rainbowlaugh: You think I'm offended on someone else's behalf. Sorry, that's not my style. What I find mildly offensive is that you think you can spew transparent bullshit to my face and get away with it. It's an insult to my intelligence. But that has nothing to do with the Alt Right. I'm also not defending the Alt Right's cheap wordplay. I'm attacking yours. Big difference.

You really might want to read up on political science and the concept of "framing the narrative," because bullshit that ain't. I certainly didn't make it up or do anything more than repeat certain basic ideas of 20th-century political philosophy and science to you. It's not a pretty idea and I don't begrudge you the fact that you don't like it, but that doesn't make it any less of a real factor in the real-world politics that aren't just angry people arguing on the internet.

It also doesn't excuse becoming so personally insulting over the disagreement, just to say that outright.

You really might want to read up on political science and the concept of "framing the narrative," because bullshit that ain't.

Once again: I'm not calling the concept of framing the narrative bullshit. I'm calling your attempts at doing it bullshit.

It also doesn't excuse becoming so personally insulting over the disagreement, just to say that outright.

I don't like being lied to, or being misrepresented. No one does.

wlam #37 · Dec 17th, 2017 · · 1 ·

You're also being a massive asshole about it. Good job at demonstrating great interpersonal and social skills while criticizing me for mine, I guess.

That is a fair point. It's technically a tu quoque, but it's still a fair point. Point taken.

It's technically a tu quoque

I could talk about all the "argumentum ad hominem" and "affirming the consequent" impugning my intelligence instead of actually making a point, but then again I was just having a conversation, not pretending to any kind of formal debate, so let's just leave it at that.

Well, if we can still have a friendly conversation, I would like to know where I've made an affirming the consequent fallacy. If this is about my comment regarding intelligence as a requirement for manipulation, I guess that is once again a fair point. If I made that mistake anywhere else, I would like to know. I'm trying to constantly improve as well after all.

Also, a personal attack isn't exactly the same as an argumentum ad hominem. Once again, it depends on what exactly you were refering to with that (I guess regarding my comment about intelligence, the argumentum ad hominem accusation is once more a fair point), but personal attacks are something you will generally have to expect if you misrepresent someone and that misrepresentation fails or becomes obvious. That's simply a psychological given. No one likes that. No one.

wlam #41 · Dec 17th, 2017 · · 1 ·

I don't think this is the place and I'm rather not in a mood to have a friendly anything with you right now.

Alsvid
Group Admin

dude shut up lmoa

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 43