The Antifascist Iron Front 76 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 19 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 19
Alsvid
Group Admin

Please state your name, rank, and a short summary of your personality/ethos, curriculum vitae, history, and accomplishments you feel we should know about.

You may also deliver any prepared remarks you wish to share with us.

My name is Gabriel LaVedier. I am a labor and union focused Social Democrat with low political and medium economic interest. I am and have always been a prole, even when pursuing very bourgeois interests. I am also an agnostic atheist, substance monist and thus physical materialist, skeptic and apistevist. The Fash are my enemy as they are antithetical to everything I hold dear, and their new marching buddies the Alt-Right are really passing me off. Negative MRAs, PUAs, Neoreactionaries, all scum. Just look at Fundies Say the Darndest Things.

Alsvid
Group Admin

Well said.

I look at the alt-right and all I see is a group of edgy teenagers eagerly accepting the torch from the elderly fascists of yesteryear.

Just my hot take. I could be wrong.

Alsvid
Group Admin

Welcome! Glad you made it.

Howzit going okes my name is Kriysix and if you want to know more about me then check out my user page or ask a question.:ajsmug:

Alsvid
Group Admin

A pleasure to make your acquaintance. Welcome to our secret underground lair. We have delicious cake.

RAAAAAAH!

*ahem* I feel kind of funny introducing my name, since you can see it right there *points upper left of the post* so I'm not going to do that.

I'm pretty much concerned with every liberal issue (although I'm more of a moderate on gun control I think,) but the two biggest ones for me are the economy and the environment just because of the far-reaching effects those have.

I'm not that concerned with people littering, or drawing too much electricity, but I am deeply concerned with corporations influencing the government in such a way as to prevent them from setting environmental regulations on them, and the oil industry getting in the way of the path toward renewable energy.

I'm in favor of a 21-dollar minimum wage, not just a 15 dollar one, and I want to see wages increase accordingly for the median wage as well. As for billion-dollar CEOs, I think they're robbing their employees and could stand to be making less money.
I want to see lowered taxes for the middle class (at the very least, stay the same,) but for tax loopholes to be closed and taxes raised for the very rich.
I'm against sales taxes, but I'm for increased estate taxes.

I believe that the medical industry does better when the motive is compassion or responsibility rather than profit—in fact, I think the medical industry is terrible under a profit motive. Doctors are either pushing needless tests and procedures to hike up the bill, turning away patients that can't pay, or the health insurance companies just flat out refuse to pay for medical treatment if they can find a way out of it.

I believe that our society would do better with easy access to higher education for people of all financial backgrounds. I think that both higher education and health-care should be socialized. That said, there are plenty of business that do better under a profit motive, and I would keep them that way. I believe in free enterprise. Just not unregulated free enterprise.

I agree completely with the goals of the BLM movement. I don't agree with the few cases of violence, vandalizing, and there's certain protest tactics like blocking traffic I'd frown upon, but I think any incidents of violence and vandalism are rare and blown way out of proportion by conservatives in a pathetic attempt to discredit the entire movement.

I'm against mass deportation, and I think walling ourselves up is stupidly expensive and needlessly disruptive to families living on the border. That's not to say that I would be for changing the laws on whether illegal immigrants can legally work here, I wouldn't give them voting rights, welfare, but I do think they should be given free health-care if the problem is life-threatening or at risk of becoming a permanent condition if not treated.

I'm for legalizing all drugs, I smoke pot, I do acid, I sometimes eat mushrooms but I'm not a fan. There's plenty of drugs that I feel are very dangerous, and I just don't do them, but I don't believe we have a right to tell people what to do with their own bodies. I'm also for assisted suicide.

I'm firmly behind the LGBT community, and any form of bigotry is just stupid to me. This religious idea of homosexuality being sinful is nonsense to me and always have been, and in later years I've felt the same about promiscuity. I'm an agnostic-atheist, but I haven't been one for very long. I've been religious most of my life. When I was a teenager I was starting to get a little crazy with it (I might have even been a bit theocratic my junior year in high school, but swear that phase didn't last long.) I was a deist from my early to late twenties.

I guess I should have summed this up by saying that I'm a hard-libertarian on social issues and a social democrat on economic issues. I tend to see liberalism and conservatism as a matter of good and evil. The Republicans in this country believe in wicked, cruel, and ignorant things, and the Green Party in this country believes in good, sane, and intelligent things. That might be the former religious person in me talking, though, unable to see things in anything other than black and white. I have a hard time keeping my emotions in check when confronted with conservative ideas or news of conservative behavior. Part of me wants to hate the ideas alone and wish no harm on the conservative. The other part of me is full of hate, and a want for violence.

Please state your name, rank, and a short summary of your personality/ethos

wlam, Platinum-level Goon

We are the dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ...

a̜͕͔̘͎͜n̖̟͇̣̬͓d̮̫̙̟̬̞̱́ w͉̘̦ḛ̛̠̙̦̪̯ k̠̻̠̬̤͍̭n̬ͅo͕̩̪̺̜͞w̧̺̻͖̪͖̩ͅ ̗̖͍̠m̦a̪̭n̶̦̻̤̪̳y̻̮͠ ṯ̫̹̺̹̬h͍̗͙̣̬̠̜i̖̘͈n̗̫͙͙͕̬̱ǵ͕͓͚s͏͕̬͖̳͎̭̙.͚

5626452 We don't get many Technopaths around here, pleasure to meet ya.:pinkiehappy:

Alsvid
Group Admin

Welcome to our humble home. Glad you could make it!

Hail and well met, friend.

Arctic Song
Group Contributor

My name? no, i like anonymity.

I am an argentine, my main concerns are the economic situation of my country and the widespread corruption in the past and curent governments.

I am a Mormon, my political alineation is center-left but i also support center-right politicians, i dislike the far-left and the far-right.

Fascism and Communism are both diseases that need to be erradicated.

I support the LGBT, Gender, Race Equality causes, I beliebe that the workers need to be protected from economic exploitation, we need less taxes in order to increase wealth and private inversions, all governments should invest and promote inversions in green energies, Free spech needs to be protected from both right and left extremists, Free Healtcare, Education and basic services.

I also beliebe that racism/homophobia needs to be erradicated from the minds of the young by educational means.

Tolerance and Understanding for all.

- Arctic

Lieutenant Kirito, reporting for duty!

Personality wise, I'm very laid back most of the time, human rights abuse gets me all kinds of pissed off, and the alt right in general just disgusts me. But most of the time, I'm very chill and laid back.

I'm pretty much completely left on most social issues. I don't know enough about economics to be there, but I'm 100% for human rights, and free speech too. Mind, I do believe a line should be drawn regarding hate speech, and freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from having ideas criticized, but you get the picture.

Fair warning, I'm rather stupid, so I will say stupid things at somepoint, and I apologize, while hoping you will educate me when I do.

Let's show these fascists what for, aye everyone?!

Alsvid
Group Admin

Welcome!

You've come at a most crucial moment. I'm happy to have you here with us. Every little bit helps.

I'm Chatoyance, and I write transhumanist science fiction stories here, bending Pony into visions of a better world, while commenting savagely on the horrific and inevitable culmination of end-stage capitalism.

I am a sixty-year old transwoman, I transitioned in 1982. I have three spouses and zero respect for most of human normality. I don't approve of nationalism, I despise capitalism, I loathe religion, I abhor sexism, racism, ethnocentrism, conservatism, fascism, and... basically... I want a world of equality, beyond money and domination, a world of cooperation and respect for nature, science, reason, and compassion.

The things I value most are that: reason and compassion. For me, all else of worth follows from these two things. Reason drives us to seek the factual reality of the world, to apply scientific principles to understand and better our existence, and compassion drives us to take care of each other and the world with love and respect.

I am horrified at what America - and much else of the world - has become of late. I can scarcely believe things have turned so strongly to the Right, to narrowness, to bigotry, to hated and awfulness. But I cannot say I did not see it coming. I have followed the rise of the White Christian Dominionists who helped bring Trump to power, and I have seen how not a bit of the institutional racism and sexism that is baked into America has changed or been torn down to any real degree. If anything, it has come to a head, like a large and oozing pimple.

All of my life I have tried - pathetically, uselessly - to change things with what assorted privilege I am heir to. Nothing has ever worked, and so I feel beaten down and all but hopeless. I feel overwhelmed by it all, frankly. But I still care, and I suppose... I still hope. Perhaps because I must, you know?

I am super tired of how evil it has gotten out there - or, to be more realistic... how blatant the already extant evil has become. All the stuff going on now has always been there, it's just parading around openly now, without much care. It must feel pretty safe to do that.

I don't want it to feel safe.

Alsvid
Group Admin

Welcome and be of good cheer, friend. You are with good allies and hearty comrades. Your story is a similar one to mine.

I am sick at heart. I didn't really want things to turn out this way. 4 years ago I was furious and ready to give battle to the enemy, but I have gotten very tired. Almost largely just given up. It's difficult, dealing with an unremitting stream of such hate. Just a half decade almost of nonstop full volume hatred. Didn't think it would get to this point, really. And everything else...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 19