The Changeling Research Group 452 members · 1,134 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
mrk

A long time ago, I remember reading a very particular fic. I am almost certain it was posted here on fimfiction, but it might have predated my having an account here. I've searched for it every way I know how, but I can't find it. Likely, I am misremembering something about it if I can't find it. Perhaps you can help?

Here's what I know:

* The story would have been written several years ago, probably no more than a year or two after the Changeling finale in Season 2 aired.
* It was probably a one chapter story, but since I can't find it, it might actually be a single chapter in a larger story (or deleted).
* It was a comedy.

The story was basically this:

A group of Royal Guards meet up for training a few days after the failed invasion of the Changelings. The commanding officer, embarrassed at the performance of the Guard during the fighting, had consulted with Shining Armor on how the Changelings were defeated. Having now learned (with a slight lack of context) that the Changelings were defeated with a romantic kiss, begins drilling his soldiers on kissing, so as to prevent the next invasion and to be prepared to repel changelings. Of course, since this Royal Guard is made up exclusively of males, they are not terribly enthusiastic about it. They then proceed to draw the ire of the officer when they barely manage hugs.

Soon after, another group of changelings appear and attack. The guards attempt to repel the changelings via traditional means like spears. I think it's at this point that one guard accidentally falls onto another guard and ends up kissing him on the lips. A pink shield explodes outward and flings the Changelings away.

In the next scene, the commanding officer is presiding over a statue dedication, enthusiastically talking about how great these two guards were in serving their country and Princess. The statue is revealed to be the likeness of those two guards, passionately kissing. The story ends with the narrator noting that the two guards didn't seem to like the attention.

The commander seemed to be very much like the Staff Sergeant Thunderous character in Marital Bliss: http://www.fimfiction.net/story/62858/martial-bliss

Any possible idea what the word count might have been? Or whether or not it is complete?

5824964 5824931
Okay, I don't find it at all on this site. My search method had:
+Any word count
+Order: Approved
+Comedy
+Changelings
-Human
-Anthro
-Sci-Fi
-Sex
-Crossover

mrk

5824976 That's one of my favorites, but no, it's not that one.

Do you remember wether or not it had a cover art?
If yes, could you tell as much about it as you can? E.g. things like what it showed, where it was hosted and stuff.

mrk

5825372 Don't remember if it had cover art. What I wrote above is all I know.

Any success yet?
(I didn't foget about it!)

mrk

5899122 Sadly, no. Honestly, posting the question to this forum was basically my last resort. I've already tried every method I know to search for it, including searching stories that have since been removed from FIMFiction.net.

I recently read through all existing chapters of a comedy story now removed from FIMFiction.net, The Great Alicorn Hunt. I thought, as a long shot, it might have been a side story within this story. Alas, it is not.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9