Logic Prevails 48 members · 10 stories
Comments ( 28 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 28

So what do you oaks think about picking a random event from history for us talk about every week?

Gapeagle
Group Admin

5426777 Perfectly fine by me! I love history :twilightsmile:

Sure sounds like a cool idea!

Great, I'll drop a discussion topic later today.

5426777 YUSH!

can the first discussion be banquet of chestnuts?
Kinda a "Ha! Catholicism... holy Pope Ha!" Sort of discussion. Logic would do well there.

5427077 I have no idea what a banquet of chestnuts is.

5427152 basically it was when the Pope called together a bunch of nobles and high ranking authorities in the Roman Catholic Church and like 200 prostitutes then just had a MASSIVE orgy complete with games and awards of sexual feats

5427152 I just checked the first result on Duck Duck Goose, and it's one of the many not-so-secret bits of corruption within the Catholic Church. According to a Latin diary named Liber Notarum by Johann Burchard, in October 1501 people within the Vatican Palace (supposedly organized by the son of the Pope at the time) hired roughly 50 prostitutes for a banquet and to play "games" like the naked prostitutes crawling on their hands and knees to catch chestnuts in order to win prizes. At least that's what Wikipedia said.

I'm not sure what kind of discussion could be brought from that except organized religions, especially the Catholic Church, can be very corrupt.

5427160 mostly cirrect, but meh. Close enough is good enough.

But yeah I was going for corruption in organized religion

5426777 I'd be down for that, we can all learn about new events that people bring up that we aren't aware happened.

Feeling like i got over my head on this, you oaks really want to start our first week long historical discussion with something as focused as corruption in the the Catholic Church?

I'm not saying no to the topic i was just hoping we could start with the topic i was working on, so...Someone open up a thread on Catholic church corruption and lets see where this week long discussion goes.

5427274 hrmmm how about fictional history?
Anyone else here well inform about the Elder scrolls lore?

5427305 I know jack about Elder scrolls lore so maybe you should school me on basics first, what are the Elder scrolls?

5427305 Sure fictional history can be as epic as the real deal from time to time.

I know very little about the Elder scrolls outside of Skyrim but if you pick a specific time period in the games history and chose a topic to discuss then I'm game to do a bit of research and get back to you with my views on...whatever you pick.

5427316 lol take your pick, I prefer to go by either events or races as a whole. My favorite being the Khajiit!

5427320 Nice, now i have to go and dig through Khajiit for something worth talking about.

My net connection has not been very reliable of late so its gonna take sometime for me to reply.

Gapeagle
Group Admin

5427305 I love Skyrim lore, but anything before that, yeah....I'll just smile and wave.

Lores I DO know about: Starcraft, Dark Souls, and Assassin's Creed. You know, all this besides MLP.

5427432 Me... star wars, Elder Scrolls and a few select other things.... but not much outside of that as far as fictional lore goes

5427274 I'll talk about whatever anyone else want's to, I'm chill with just about anything.

5429214 >w<
did any of that surprise you?

5429216 That was far more detailed and interesting than some of the suff i browsed through yesterday but its also very...Racial?

Could be because the game needs to really make each racial group (Faction?) feel super unique for game play reasons but this some how feels more like a thin cosmetic covering.

5429231 well each race has a VERY in depth history with very specific cultural and even biological events or oddities to it.
The people of Tamriel are very divided by their races and it is something that has painted its past in blood.

5429241 Sorry that It's taking so long for to reply to anything, i have just woken up and using a PS4 is challenging.

I'll get back to you later today.

You guys want to talk about Skyrim? Have you read this story? I think it's incredibly funny. Or maybe I just played too much Skyrim. :/

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 28