The Nancy Drew Fandom And Mystery Group 36 members · 10 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
Magic Step
Group Contributor

What's your favorite Nancy Drew game and why?

For me it's a dead heat between Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon and Legend of the Crystal Skull, for the same reasons: all of the puzzles are well woven throughout the game, the collectables are a visual treat, the characters are cool, you spend very little time running errands for other people, and the puzzles were not too hard and not too easy. LTBMC gets extra props for the music and environmental beauty (the dolls and the gemstone machine mostly) while LCS had a better spooky atmosphere and the best hint system in a Nancy Drew game, at least until the modern makeover.

Your thoughts?

FourShadow
Group Admin

Its hard to say. I like a majority of them, but I'll list only like 2 or 3.

1. Secret of Shadow Ranch is honestly my all time favorite. I admire the desert environment, the music, the characters are interesting, and the mystery of the treasure is very interesting to learn about. Its my all time favorite because it was the first one I ever played. Plus I kept laughing my butt off every time I accidentally made Nancy knock a piece of the firewood over in the wood chopping challenge which made her freak. :rainbowlaugh:

2. Legend of the Crystal Skull. Where do I begin with that one?
Dark atmosphere? Check.
Perfect music? Check.
Interesting mystery? Check.
Scary opening to the game involving possibly the coolest skeleton man costume ever that I want Her Interactive to make actual Halloween costumes with because they're so awesome? Check!
Just give me some Mac and Cheese, a dark room to play in, and recording equipment and I'll be all set. :pinkiehappy:

5414285 The best games of all time!
To put them in order will be hard let's see...
1. The Curse of Blackmoor Manor
2. Secret of Shadow Ranch
3. Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon (First game I ever played!)
4. The Haunting of Castle Malloy
5. The Shattered Medallion
6. Secret of the Old Clock

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3