Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

Okay, so ADHD can be tied to autism, but both can co-exist on their own without the other. Although in my case, I suspect my ADHD is tied to my autism. This is likely something I had my whole life, but only recently realized I did. Well, more like ADD, but that got discontinued and rolled into ADHD. I'm not going around trying to collect disorders like gym badges in Pokémon. There is nothing cool or fun about me saying I have ADHD.

I thought about making this thread weeks ago, but finally I'm here with it. I hate how I can be watching something and completely zone out, forgetting what I just saw. I can start projects and not finish them. I've got a few fan fics here that are currently unfinished. Only my one shots are completed. And then there's a bunch of fan fics I've started reading and not finishing. If the word count is over 50k, odds of me finishing are pretty low. I just can't maintain interest long enough with swapping to something else, and something else...

I'll have literally thousands of tabs opened for my browser. Thankfully modern browsers seem to handle this better and not try to load every single tab at once. I keep wanting to keep my tab count way down, like below 100.

Maybe my depression is also fueling the ADHD. And I don't know the fine line between laziness and/or ADHD. I tried meds for this before, didn't seem to really make a difference. I might have to try somethin else, that's already on top of the other meds I take daily.

I feel like I only get tasks done if they have a deadline. And even then, I'll still delay till the last minute. There could be writing contests on this website and I'll write mere days before the deadline which actually does lead to a rushed feeling.

I can SO relate to this 1000%.

-Being zoned out
-Starting on projects and not finishing them
-Can't maintain interest for very long.
-Depression

Having ADHD can be a blessing but it can also be a very serious pain in the butt!! *hugs*

Phoenix Heart 27
Group Contributor

I feel this.

I’ve never been bothered by it much personally. But my medication does a pretty good job of controlling both it and my depression so that might have something to do with it.

I made it this long with both, and I turn 36 this year.

I don’t have ADD and I’m not autistic so I cannot relate to you.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6