Pagans of Equestria 20 members · 55 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

Been thinking about Herne lately.

Herne in Wiccan mythology is the Horned God (perhaps Antlered God?) associated with the stag, the sky and male virility. He is born in Spring, makes love and impregnates the Earth Mother in Autumn and (in my unverified personal gnosis) falls to His demonic rival Crom Cruach in Winter. But this is not the end of the tale for His seed is yet in the Earth Mother, waiting for Spring rebirth. (Once more in my unverified personal gnosis, Summer is the time he calls the deer to be hunted-this is the the season animals are abundant.)

Herne is more than a hunting deity. He is the One Who Goes Down To Darkness To Make A Way For Us. He is the promise of renewal, the bringer of rebirth. Not just the darkness of death. Defeat, depression, financial woes...Herne shows us that there is a way out of darkness. He is the God of Hope.

Herne can make a way through the darkness for me whenever he wants.:twilightsmile:

Stuff like this is why I put my faith in Nature.
Balance exists for the sake of Balance.

What does that mean, “faith in Nature”?

In the simplest terms:

I believe that the only thing we have in the world that can be considered to be 'proof' of Divine presence is Nature itself.
Everything is just too well put together to be a giant accident or coincidence. Not impossible, but not probable enough for me to agree that it is.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7