The Fimfiction Post 113 members · 144 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18
Jesse Coffey
Group Contributor

User Pononimous has decided to leave FIMFiction after a year an a half. He opened the first paragraph of his final blog post declaring ''I have decided that I'm done with this community'', describing it as ''at best lame, pointless, ineffectual, useless and, at worst, downright degenerate, degrading, insulting, negative, hostile, destructive''. He added that it ''builds no real friendships, establishes no true connection with anything meaningful, fosters and promotes obscene and vile perversions of the worst sort, encourages people to be negative to the point of being suicidal and is, at the last, cruel, heartless, vicious and downright sociopathic in what it encourages and promotes.''

In the blog post, Pononimous extended his vice by stating that the Brony community was a ''den for those who, being misanthropic, socially mal-adjusted, selfish, self-centered, arrogant, insecure in the extreme [ . . . ] use the MLP-FIM franchise as a shield for what they, in their warped and twisted thinking, is a 'cold and heartless world'. In reality, it is nothing more than an Internet 'safe zone' for those who are too weak, too frail, and too mentally and emotionally fragile to deal with the real world and the people in it.''

He continued by saying that he has ''come to be embarrassed by the often gross, anti-social, judgemental, harsh and often cruel behavior of members of this community as they behave in ways which are totally unacceptable to the general community at large, conducting themselves in a way as if to demonstrate that, in their own sense of self-entitlement and presumed privilege, they would assume that this gives them permission to behave in any manner they see fit with no regard to reputation, self respect, decency, dignity or honest pride.''

His final paragraphs for the blog post read:

I have given this community more than a fair chance for almost a year and, time and again, this community has proven to me that, for the most part, those involved in it aren't worth my time or energy.

Personally I don't care what you think of this post or what you have to say about it. That doesn't matter to me. What does is getting out of and totally free of this vile den as far and as soon as I can.

I will never, ever apologize for this as I *never* apologize for what is decent, upright, honest, fair and good.

You can read the entire blog post here. If you wish, please post your thoughts on the manner below.*

*THIS THREAD WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED TO MAKE SURE ITS COMMENTARY IS IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE RULES OF BOTH THE GROUP AND THE WEBSITE.

*THIS THREAD WILL BE CLOSELY MONITORED TO MAKE SURE ITS COMMENTARY IS IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE RULES OF BOTH THE GROUP AND THE WEBSITE.

Oh, no! How will I be an unpleasant hipster now?!

I got it!
>breaks site and group rule<

Jesse Coffey
Group Contributor

5523227 Yep, you made my point: This thread will go away if I see any comment that does not fall within the boundaries of good etiquette.

Well, in that case, screw him. I've made a fair amount of good friends here. True, this community has a dark side to it, but what community doesn't?

5523266 Sorry. I had no idea how to contribute to the discussion in any meaningful way.

Jesse Coffey
Group Contributor

Even though your comments were undoubtedly scathing, we would like to thank you for your effort in keeping them civilized.

Jesse Coffey
Group Contributor

5567775 OK then; some of your comments. But hey, at least they were civilized, as I said.

Jesse Coffey
Group Contributor

5567777 Indeed, you didn't. 5523331 and 5523377 did though. And yet, I would like to congratulate ALL of you for being civilized all the way.

I can understand people who want to leave the site, sure.
But deleting all your stories when you do it is just mean.
Miranda Escalante did the same thing.
So did Nocturnal Derp. (Who didn't even leave the siteā€¦ just switched to a new account.)
I can't understand that mentality.

5523079 The link doesn't work, and we can assume its been deleted hasn't it?

He renamed himself to Outa-here and deleted all his stuff.

5591254 He wanted to get rid the evidence, but he doesn't realize that were smarter than we look, does he?

5523079 he's right you know. All type 2 and above fandoms become terrible very quickly

Basicaly it's division.

Type 1 are like Sonics and Type 2 is like Steven universe. You know so divided that the fandom literally is just one move short of ex[loding. MLP is almost a type 1.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18