Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7
KingXanaduu
Group Admin

Wow, it's been kind of quiet around here, so I thought I'd breach the topic by posting another forum catered to this series, specifically what I like about the series as a whole.

As a fan of both Star Wars and MLP in general Amante, you've really done your homework about the Star Wars universe giving each of the cast their own respective role in the Jedi Order, such as Applejack being a Sentinel and Fluttershy being a Healer. Fitting for their own personalities. I take it you've probably played either Knights of the Old Republic and the Old Republic? I've just started playing it myself, and already the story is sucking me in. :twilightsmile:

It's these little details that make this series so intriguing and interesting, such as how each character has their own Lightsaber style. For example, Pinkie Pie literally wielding her lightsaber just through the FORCE itself?!

I can totally see her doing that. :rainbowlaugh:

But most of all, the fact that you chose Sunset Shimmer of all people, personally my favorite character of the series, as the focus for her redemption, is one of the main reasons I really got into this series. Redemption stories always strike a chord with me, and Sunset's is one that I've looked forward to seeing, not only in the main series, but in this one as well. :)

Keep up the good work dude, and I look forward to new additions soon. :twilightsmile:

What about you guys? What do you like about this series?

Comment posted by FourShadow deleted Jun 30th, 2016

5328774 I really love the idea that there's this secret order of Jedi who are all about the virtues of friendship. It makes for such a wonderful setting. I'm a big fan of tight-knit, reclusive organizations like this. I love the characters and the way they're all highly skilled in their own special ways, and how that's all communicated without any dialogue whatsoever. Amante is just so damn good at that. And it was really clever of him to start the story in the middle of ongoing events, like A New Hope; it makes the whole thing instantly richer, hinting at a story that we know about but haven't fully seen.

And yeah, it's a shame this group is quiet. Like I've said several times, I really think there's a great deal of potential in this setting and I'd love to see a writer do something awesome with it. :rainbowdetermined2:

I like almost everything about it. I find the robe designs for the Equestria Girl characters awesome, I find it's amazing how its all told through visuals instead of dialogue, the animation is fantastic, and the music fits right in. I love it, and I can't wait to see more.

Also I'm making my own fanfic that's similar to this.

I want to see more of Sunset Shimmer in the series and can't wait to see the next part of it.

What I like about duel of the fates is, like everyone said, how the story is communicated without dialogue. The ability to show rather than tell is one of the more important aspects in storytelling and animation. Of course, this isn't without causing a little confusion (Wubcake has offered to lend her voice if needed), but I'm pretty keen on silent films. From the description of the videos, for such a big project, I'm actually glad Amante is enjoying his work as he experiments with ideas (the description of the part 2 mentioned he tried different camera angles). I can't wait to see part 3 as well.

5328942 Imagine if Vinyl Scratch is the only character who gets a line. XD

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7