Weed World 832 members · 74 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

If I want to write an epilogue for Venenum Iocus or a short story about the aftermath. I don't know what to do.

Edit.

Epilogue. Not quite done, needs work.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rgXFqntclwWgcSuEiX5Vj-tu2SCVAij1MIlLiC4v-ps/edit?usp=sharing

It seems like it needs an epilogue. It could be a really long epilogue? I guess it depends on the nature of the short story.

I would say that, if you have a story that fits between VI and PTSSfFF/TSAS/TPRoS/TPGoS, go ahead and write the sequel. If it'd just be 'filler' type chapters, do the short... and possibly other shorts if the urge strikes (I sorta see one where the four of them [or at least three] come close to stepping over their personal boundaries).

Just my take.

I'd vote for the short, myself, unless you can more succinctly sum up the immediate consequences. But it seems far-reaching enough that maybe something else is needed.

I'd like an epilogue. It doesn't have to be long. Just a bit of something to wrap up the story. There are enough lose ends for the next story but without something the story ends too abruptly.

An epilogue, definitely. If the story needs additional context, it should be part of the body of that work. You can't assume people will find the short story.

I vote epilogue. It makes it easier to find for those who have been following the story so far. Having it be its own separate story means you are relying on the readers to either a) notice the link to the sequel in the related links on the page or b) be interested enough to search for it. If it's just part of the story, it'll be easier to access.

I like the epilogue how it is, you might think different though. I like how it pulls things together, it is a good aftermath.

I would not sneer at a story set inbetween VI and PTSSfFF. Some of the other stories do show us snippets of them, but one focused on them would be interesting. Seeing more of Tarnish as a professor as mentioned in PTSSfFF would be cool. Them exploring and setting up the druid sanctuary would be awesome, too.

Epilogue would be shorter and neater. You can keep it short instead of drawing it out over several chapters (I haven't finished that story yet so not sure if I can judge!)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9