Weed World 831 members · 74 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14
kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

So... does anybody else have any story ideas for the Weedverse?

Something that they might write? Something about growth, positivity, and general goodness? I'd love to see a discussion on this. Ideas bring growth.

If I had the talent I would probably write a story about a middle-aged pony that has been hurt in the past (physically and emotionally) learning to love and be loved again. Something near and dear to my heart being middle-aged and still learning something new about my 2nd(current) wife every day.

But as it stands as much as I would like to write such a story I am not a good enough writer to do it justice. I have only published two stories here...one I took down 20+ chapters in when I realized what an overly preachy and craptacular abomination it had become...and one I am slowly working on but don't know if I will ever finish.

That said if others wanted to write in the Weedverse I would read it as long as it maintained the established tone and style and had the Kudzu Hoof of Approval.

A comedy sidestory of a construction contractor in Ponyville. How he is worried that tarnish was exiled from the town and he will not be able to keep his crew working.

"Yes !!! The town is under attack!!!"

How about introducing a sapient golem who's very irritated about being alive?

kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

But does he grow and accept that he is alive?

A vague idea that would fit with the theme of the Weedverse, a pony who was convicted of a crime, has served out their sentence, and is trying to reintegrate back in to society and live and honest life. They would be facing challenges from those who distrust them for their past mistakes and the temptation to fall back in to bad habits for easy bits.

Eventually they would meet a young pony that if they keep to the course they are on will wind up treading the same path they did and they take up a mentorship role. It could build on the Master/Apprentice dynamic that has been established in the Weedverse by having them both be unicorns.

Yes, the irritation would more be directed at his creator for being a plothole. He has memories of a previous life, but nobody can tell whether or not those memories are real. He's not having an existential crisis, rather he's more concerned about his loved ones and whether or not they ever existed at all.

Can you imagine waking up one day in a strange world, and some douchebag comes up to you and tells you they created you and your mind from scratch? You, right now, with all your memories, and the knowledge you'll never see your family again.

A story about a Bob Woodward type reporter, who has been on the Canterlot beat for decades. They have contacts at all levels of the government and the nobles. The reporter writes “insider’s histories” just after famous events. They are known to be extremely thorough (often by taking advantage of junior reporters who do a lot of the leg work). The reporter also knows where a lot of the metaphorical ‘bodies’ are buried among the movers and shakers in Canterlot.

Because this reporter’s works are often the ‘first draft of history’, many politicians are willing to give interviews, if sometimes only on ‘background’. This reporter has even gotten interviews with Celestia, Luna, and other central characters.

In their youth, this reporter was very idealistic, but their decades on the beat have made them somewhat jaded. The live to uncover a ‘scoop’ or a piece of hidden history. But, when they get a chance to highlight good deeds in the face of adversity, or to right a wrong impression by the public, their idealism can come back to the fore.

Some of the reporter’s book titles could include:

Black Dawn - The Return Of Nightmare Moon
The Statue Garden - The Rampage Of Discord
Celestia At War - The Changeling Attack On Canterlot
Shadow - Sombra And The Secret War For The Crystal Empire
Tartarus Rising - Tirek, Discord, And The Battle For The Magic Of Ponydom
The Diarchy - Inside Canterlot Castle

I got a few stories in my head, but none of em are with the Weedverse, I tend to leave that in your capable hands/hooves. Can't wait what you create next!

You already know mine, and I'm currently writing it. Slow process though, as I do come home quite late from work and I'm quite tired when I do.
Young Canterlot unicorn stallion with an adventure suave wife and friend finding his groove during the breakdown in TPRoS.

If I have much time, I may write a longer story on Peafowl and Scramble Patch, how they have proven that they have a stiff upper lip.

I have half an idea in my head. More of a character but no real solid motivation. I'm still pondering how he would grow and where the story would go. But I'm pondering.

Honestly, a part of me wishes I had found this little corner of the fanfictionverse a long time ago... I may have tried to nestle the story of Night Spinner into this setting...

The story I have been trying to tell through my tumblr, was that of a young guard recruit who, through his own willingness to simply stand and be sacrificed, a willing pawn if you will, is cast out and disgraced, cut off from friends and family and the honor he once had.

Though it pains him, he accepts his fate, but through the intervention of a new friend, he begins the journey back. Questioning the events around him, even though it seems few others will. Facing corrupt nobles, societal blindness and the healing of his own divided spirit, he becomes what he was meant to be and more than what he thought he would be.

Honestly, there were a lot of themes that I've found in your stories that run parallel to my own tastes... though you've gone far further with them, creating an Equestria that is more realistic, intense and in some ways, bleaker than what you might expect (honestly I feel sometimes you're writing these stories out of Don Bluth's playbook).

The only thing that holds me back is that the character I've made and the story I've created now includes ocs belonging to other people... so if I were to try and adapt the tale, I'd need to rework things.

If I were to try and make this story work in the weedverse though, how would I do it? Would I submit you an outline?

kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

Just send me a message. Talk to me.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14