Word of the Week Quickfic Challenge 53 members · 3 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10
deli73
Group Admin

The group's first contest has concluded with... um, three submissions. :twilightsheepish:

I had fun reading all of them, but I had to pick one :derpytongue2:

So, this week's winner is... Luna, Interrupted by Adda le Blue! Congrats!
Great work, all of you! I'm already loving where this group is going. :twilightsmile:

(On a tangentially related note, I'm thinking about the judges leaving proper feedback and suggestions on all the submitted fics. I could also go back and do this for this contest as well, if you're all interested. Please let me know your thoughts on this!)

Stay tuned for the next contest tomorrow! :pinkiehappy:

Curious to see what tomorrows word will be..:twilightsmile:

And there's a 50/50 chance I might be able to join in this time too :yay:

Mine was too short.
Ah well. You win some you lose some!

Thanks, Deli! I'm kinda surprised that this one worked out for me. I've never had the motivation to write a comedy before.

As for your tangentially related note, I like the idea but I'll admit I may occasionally have a hard time doing so. Words is hard. :twilightsheepish: Still, that's nopony's problem but mine. The real question is, would that affect the judging process? A matter of timing, I suppose; I think it would be alright if the comments are only left during the actual day of judging—no early comments, even if they're read as they're entered—so the writers don't get a preview of how the contest is going, or get dissuaded by "good" or "better" stories entered early.

Oh, and if you have something to say about my story you can go ahead and tell me, but if not, that's no problem. I've gotten a little more feedback than expected anyway!

:twilightsheepish: Yeah, yeah...

Have you ever read The Wrong Fork?

5091073 Okay, so, I actually COULD do a story on that, it's really easy, you just need to loophole a bit.

Just have a story in which somepony (most likely Twilight in this case) would do some research to find the longest word in the world,
for some reason - and discovers this one. And to loophole the word lenght, simply do not include the actual word in the story,
but have a link to it at the bottom.

Example:

"So, Twilight, Did you find the longest word?" Applejack asked.

"Yes! I did!" Twilight replied happily. "Wanna hear?"

Applejack looked thoughtful for a second, and then replied, "Yeah, sure... Go ahead."

Upon which Twilight proceeded to waste three and a half hours of Applejacks life,
reciting the following word: [Youtube or Wikipedia link here]

And thus, you have a story about that word. :pinkiecrazy:

Congrats Adda le Blue! I knew you were going to get it haha:pinkiehappy:

I think I'd end up writing it dark and violent, haha.

N'awww... Thanks. I haven't had the time to read the other stories yet, but I would like to soon. One looks to have gotten almost no attention... A tragedy, really.

5091378 It happens. I didn't even find out that the contest had started until Friday so I couldn't even participate but this time I'm ready

5091378 True, it could be written as a psychological horror or thriller, something along the lines of the movie "Number 23",
with Twilight becoming obsessed with the word, and spiraling down into madness because of it, for example she could become
paranoid, or like in the movie, start seing patterns in EVERYTHING, seing the word everywhere, despite no one else seing it,
and so on.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10