Starlight Glimmer Lovers! 202 members · 304 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

Yeah, you remember me from the Alicorn Speculation thread. I still think they've been setting Starlight up for something big, either in this movie, or in S7.
Why?
Think about all she's accomplished already (Reforming herself, saving the world from invasion by reforming an entire race, helping reform Trixie... are you starting to see a pattern here~?), and all she's capable of (Time travel, creating alternate timelines including Fallout Equestria, wingless flight, self-duplication, super speed, mind control, etc., etc..).

See my point?

I'm not sure what it is, but I have two main speculations:
1) She'll become an Alicorn at some point. (Which I will support wholeheartedly.) :trixieshiftright:
2) They're killing her off. (I'm... surprisingly okay with this idea.) :pinkiesad2:

As for her becoming an Alicorn... well, I could rant all day about why she should, but I know I'm pretty much the only guy who wants this to happen: so I'll shut up here, unless you want to hear me rant... for some weird reason... :applejackconfused:

And as for her dying... I dunno. I mean, they're establishing her as a pony who's had enough of looking after her own interests, and worrying more about pleasing others than herself, even when she does it wrong. She's becoming more selfless, so I can pretty easily see her sacrificing herself for her friends, even in canon.

I know that sounds dark for a kid's show, which MLP still is, but think about how many kid's shows have pretty harsh deaths for either villain or hero: Kung Fu Panda 2, Land Before Time, Beauty and the Beast. And heck, even the S3 Finale of MLP blew Sombra into a million pieces, onscreen!

Your thoughts?

I'm not sure what it is, but I have two main speculations:

1) She'll become an Alicorn at some point. (Which I will support wholeheartedly.) :trixieshiftright:

2) They're killing her off. (I'm... surprisingly okay with this idea.) :pinkiesad2:

If they make her an Alicorn, I would be beyond happy....that would be my dream come true.

If they kill her off, I would be forever done with MLP: FiM. I don't think I could stand to watch a show where my favorite character would be killed off. I would be sad if let's say they killed one of the Mane Six or Luna or Trixie off, but Starlight, I couldn't handle watching the show anymore if they did that, not even the reruns. I am one of those people who have loved Starlight ever since "The Cutie Map, Part 1"

I do see Starlight becoming very selfless and yeah I could see her sacrificing herself for her friends, ESPECIALLY TRIXIE. I know there will be a battle between her and Chrysalis in the end. What I see happening is perhaps her having an epic battle in which she would save everypony save one, Trixie. After the end of the battle, in which Chrysi would likely be killed, she would find Trixie near death and go as far as to transfer her life energy to her to save her.....then that would be the end of her....or so we think. During her funeral she would come in the room transformed, as an Alicorn princess....as Trixie was delivering the eulogy. At first everypony would be shocked that she would show up and wonder if it wasn't some sort of weird sorcery or perhaps a changeling that never reformed BUT Trixie would tell it is her and the two would profess their love for one another

AND THEN

A funeral would turn into a royal wedding and in the end we would have Princess Starlight Glimmer and Princess Trixie Lulamoon. As long as that all happened in the finale and they didn't leave us thinking Starlight was dead, I would be fine with it.

Alicorn. No. So she's at the far end of the magical ability bell curve... so what? that has nothing at all to do with becoming an Alicorn. Twilight's magical skill had nothing to so with her ascending, she ascended through attaining higher mastery of the very concept of Friendship then anypony ever before, and essentially becoming a paragon of that virtue. Same as Cadance for Love.

Dying......... I'll believe that might, ever be even the slightest, tiniest hint of something that may actually get brought up even once in a writers room brainstorming session.. after we actually have them able to address AJ's parents. When they can't even address the idea of dead characters when they are characters we never knew and had been dead from the start, how the hell do you think they'll even consider killing an active character? Further, Hasbro.... kill off a character in one of their shows aimed at young audiences? BUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! They tried that once... it did not go well at all. And this was before the internet existed to make the pain even worse.

I don't think I could stand to watch a show where my favorite character would be killed off.

Said every Game of Thrones fan ever... :trollestia:

Sounds like you should've helped write the movie... :ajsmug:
Although, personally, I'd think Sunburst might be a more appropriate choice for such an ending. But, that might just be me. :twilightblush:

5794714 Sunburst, that is flat out DISGUSTING. The only thing he should be shipped with is death....well either that or Flash Sentry. :scootangel:

I think Deadpool is the one that got shipped with Death, actually...

Also:

impossible no one dies in my little pony.

5795404 like i said no one dies and sombra came back.

The comics are a different universe to the show, he is still dead.

if have to choose starlight a alicorn and she will not die.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11