Filly Fantasy VI 279 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

Something not commonly known about is a little game mechanic that the original Final Fantasy 6 has, but NEVER tells you about! (Or the information is hidden very obscurely) When your character goes down to critical HP and they use their Fight command, they have like a 1/16 chance of using a very powerful attack known as a Desperation Attack. They can only use it once per battle, and they must not be inflicted with either Confuse, Image, Vanish, or Zombie in order to use it. (TAS speedrunners have made quite the use out of this mechanic.)

The Desperation Attacks for Filly Fantasy 6 have changed for the most part. So I decided to showcase them all. Desperation attacks now have a 1/8 chance of activating. Some of them have a completely different effect than just damaging the enemy.

2 characters don't have a desperation attack. Those 2 characters are Scootaloo and Apple Bloom since, well, Scootaloo doesn't have a Fight command, and Apple Bloom has a very unique Fight command compared to all the other characters.

With all that said, enjoy!

Timestamps:
0:21 Applejack (Dark Slash- hits one enemy, ignores defense, 140 physical power, inflicts Poison, Blind, Mute, Confuse, Seizure, Sleep, and Slow)

0:33 Luna (Meteorite- Gravity damage to all enemies, 15/16 power. [Appears to inflict Seizure as well])

0:45 Cadance (Love Aura- cures user and restores Blind, Poison, Doom, Mute, Seizure, and Slow. 103 power)

0:59 Fluttershy (Nature Boon- grants Regen, Haste, Shell, Protect, and Revive (Life 3))

1:10 Flash Sentry (Mirager- hits one enemy, ignores defense, 159 physical power)

1:19 Celestia (Fire Wave- hits one enemy, ignores defense, non-elemental, 163 magic power)

1:30 Pinkie Pie (PinkieRush- hits one enemy, ignores defense, 155 physical power)

1:44 Sweetie Belle (Requiem- hits all enemies, ignores defense and split damage, chance to inflict Death, 118 magic power)

1:54 Rarity (Gem Throw- hits all enemies, ignores defense and split damage, 138 magic power)

2:03 Trixie (Lightshow- hits all enemies, ignores defense and split damage, dispels Regen, Haste, Shell, Protect, and Reflect statuses, 120 magic power)

2:17 Twilight Sparkle (MagicStorm- hits all enemies, ignores defense and split damage, 143 magic power)

2:38 Rainbow Dash (Wind Blade- hits one enemy, ignores defense, wind-elemental, 147 physical power)

2:55 Orbital FC (Not a desperation move. Just something I wanted to include at the end.)

Since the characters don't always move when they use their Desperation Attacks, it'd be nice if the video included an annotation on each one regarding whose it is (by their Auto names, since the Sprites are difficult to make out without context)...as well as an explanation of what it does on those where it's not obvious.
Examples of not obvious:
Fluttershy's Nature's Boon...what'd it do? I saw the sheep, saw the healing animation...but Fluttershy's health didn't go up, and I didn't see anything else happen.
Trixie's Lightshow. I saw it did 9999 to the undead creature. Is it undead specific? Was that creature specifically weak to the element? Is it single-hit or hit-all?
Rainbow's Wind Blade. She threw something three times, one damage number. Just a long animation, or can it hit up to three targets?
For anything that just showed a damage number as a result...is it a set damage number, or is there a formula?

Things like that.

Edit: I originally typed up this reply when the post was just the video. Now that you've posted the canon names with timestamps, that helps...but the rest of my question/points remain.

it'd be nice if the video included an annotation on each one regarding whose it is

Unfortunately, Youtube has removed Annotations, so no new Annotations can ever be made. It annoys me to no end, but I have no choice but to deal with that... (Still hate the Captions that I have to use now.)

As for the rest of the questions, I don't know their new effects myself. What you see in the video is pretty much as much as I know.

Edit: I originally typed up this reply when the post was just the video. Now that you've posted the canon names with timestamps, that helps...but the rest of my question/points remain.

Yeah... first post wasn't meant to be posted.

The game does, as a matter of fact, tell you about this mechanic, if you know where to look. IIRC, one of the tutorial NPCs at the inn in Narshe/Neighshe describes that your characters might do something unusual while in critical health.

It isn't a direct explanation, but it is mentioned.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

I don't know their new effects, if they have one.

Allow me. :twilightsmile:

MagicStorm - hits all enemies, ignores defense and split damage, 143 magic power
Mirager - hits one enemy, ignores defense, 159 physical power
Dark Slash - hits one enemy, ignores defense, 140 physical power, inflicts Poison, Blind, Mute, Confuse, Seizure, Sleep, and Slow
Nature Boon - grants Regen, Haste, Shell, Protect, and Revive (Life 3)
Fire Wave - hits one enemy, ignores defense, non-elemental, 163 magic power
Meteorite - Gravity damage to all enemies, 15/16 power
Love Aura - cures user and restores Blind, Poison, Doom, Mute, Seizure, and Slow. 103 power.
Gem Throw - hits all enemies, ignores defense and split damage, 138 magic power
Requiem - hits all enemies, ignores defense and split damage, chance to inflict Death, 118 magic power
Wind Blade - hits one enemy, ignores defense, wind-elemental, 147 physical power
PinkieRush - hits one enemy, ignores defense, 155 physical power
Lightshow - hits all enemies, ignores defense and split damage, dispels Regen, Haste, Shell, Protect, and Reflect statuses, 120 magic power

I tried to diversify them a bit but yeah, a lot of them boil down to super-strong attacks.

Thanks! I edited the post and added their effects in.

Fire Wave- hits one enemy, ignores defense, non-elemental, 163 magic power

That's really non-elemental? How come Wind Blade wasn't non-elemental then?

Meteorite- Gravity damage to all enemies, 15/16 power

Meteorite also seems to inflict Seizure.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Yeah I dunno why I did the elemental thing either.

Now those are some interesting attacks.

Edited this post with the information provided as well as their updated changes prior to when this post was made.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9