Filly Fantasy VI 280 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16
DrakeyC
Group Admin

Topic

I'm planning to finally delve back into it relatively soon now that I have some things out of the way that I needed to do. Hopefully I'll have some sort of update at some point in December.

Ultra Celestia (Ultra Sun) is literally eating up all my time like the delicious cakes she can't stop devouring like a wild animal. I really need to check this out again at some point.

It is certainly a harder game than the 1.0 version. Its been slow going for me since I've had a rather eventful summer/fall and some parts just feel like I'm bashing my face against a wall.

The lack of Mog Amulet really grinds me down in some areas though. Magic Tower is sorta sapping my energy fast. Haven't gotten to the postgame yet, took a test-swing at the Sirens and got my teeth kicked in.

It's been fun, the increased difficulty is definitely noticeable.

I have run into a glitch that let me get into the pit behind Pinkie in the caves but I can't get out, but other then that it's been fairly stable.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Yup, that sounds familiar. I'm pretty sure I fixed it though, did you update the rom recently?

Just got the updated one a few days ago.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Hmm, I'll take a look then

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Download and try now when you get a chance

I'd have to wait until after I complete Luna's chapter and the Neighshe siege.

Overall, I'm enjoying it even more than 1.0.

Actually, I felt the difficulty was a bit less, which I think is a good thing. The difficulty in 1.0 was excessive at points, especially when many normal random encounters were like punching bags. Now it's far more manageable if you exploit weaknesses. In 1.0 I couldn't defeat any of the Eight Wraths until late in the game and had to go back for them all. In 2.0 the only one I couldn't beat when I first encountered it was the first one, but even that one I almost beat.

The boss in the painting in Jidoor is still an incredible pain in the neck (always takes me at least 20 minutes to kill it), as is the Wrath in the Cultist's Tower, but that's the same level of difficulty as 1.0 so no big deal.

I kind of regret pointing out the thing with the Marvel Shoes in 1.0 as it seems there's no way to get them now. :(

The only thing I dislike is "the" Colosseum Battle in this one. Y'know, the one where you wager the Comic Book. I severely disliked it in 1.0, but what was even more frustrating in 2.0 was that I purposely had Bloom learn no magic except Dragon just to set up for that battle...and now it's a different opponent immune to Dragon. I'm not sure if Berserk would work this time...namely because I can't get any character to cast it at random...but either way the fact you've got a battle that's essentially unwinnable unless you either get lottery-level lucky or know what to expect in advance and then spend the whole game preparing for it is irritating. However, on the plus side, that's not where you get the Alicorn Amulet anymore, so that's a relief. It was impossible for me to beat one of the superbosses without the Alicorn Amulet in 1.0, so now that I don't have to win that Colosseum Battle that's a load off my mind.

I did kind of wish that Starlight Glimmer would have replaced Screwball in the Cultist's Tower (get it?), but I realize if continuous show canon edits kept being made to this game there'd be no end to it and it would quickly become Sisyphus' boulder. (Though so long as I'm fantasizing, I'll imagine "Blackjack" being replaced by "It's Time to Be Awesome". :P)

DrakeyC
Group Admin

I had approached M06 for more music hacks, and my first ideas were the airship themes - "I'll Fly" for the Blackjack, and "A True, True Friend" for the Falcon. He said sure and went to work on his end. Alas he never got back to me. :applejackunsure: And a shame, because I think the Falcon rising from the ocean is one of the game's iconic moments, and the thought of ATTF playing as it does so is awesome.

Haha Starlight. And yeah, rolling updates to add in show elements will not be a thing. I'll toss out though I did consider changing the "Legacy" Esper to, shall we say, five particular ponies that feature in the S7 finale, but decided nah, it works just fine as-is.

Overall thanks for the feedback, glad you enjoyed it. :twilightsmile:

Honestly. I'm enjoying it a lot.

My only problem with it (and frankly, it's more of a personal problem) is the static stats (for lack of a better term). Sure, it makes the game more difficult and you have to rely more on equipment, but it kinda removes the feeling of progression. I usually like seeing my characters growing stronger as I play and it's not here as much (of course, it's more of a personal thing).

That's honestly my only problem with that hack. I'm up to the equivalent of Zozo (haven't played in a week. I'm trying to finish Mother 3 before going back) and I'm feeling that I'm going to need all the luck I can get.

Can I get an HP comparison between these Bleary's and other enemies in this cave like the Crawly's? I tried to wait later on in the game so that I could Scan them, but it turns out, these enemies stop appearing during and after the Flash Sentry Scenario. It felt like the Bleary's HP was unusually high compared to the others, they could come in groups of 3 supported by 2 Megasprites, and they constantly use Sleep, which you can't have protection for at that point. These were unusually annoying enemies early on.

DrakeyC
Group Admin

Crawly is 200, Bleary is 225.

I wonder if in a future update will we see the likes of Storm King and Tempest Shadow as bosses?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16