Comments ( 19 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 19

A simple question. Witch is your favorite version of Starlight Glimmer, Villain or Reformed?

Personally I like Starlight as a Villain. :heart:

5244351 Villain, though, I do like both. Shes been growing on me a lot.

5244375 Starlight's my favorite villain. I was so happy seeing her return to her evil ways in a Hearts Warming Tail.

5244388 I personal enjoy, "The Christmas Carol" as my favorite Christmas story. It is funny to think about it this way, though, pony is broadcast all over the world, yet it's the christian holiday black hole that consumes even the fictional universes.

5244351 Never thought of Starlight as a villain, just a pony with a different vision for the world.

I like Starlight as a villain much more, especially the season 5 finale Starlight. Unlike your other villains (Tirek, Chrysalis, Nightmare Moon, Discord, Sombra) she wasn't an easy to spot villain. For a unicorn she had powerful magic and was a genius. She rewrote Starswirl's time travel spell to make it more effective, she could fly with only magic and even TWILIGHT could not defeat her using magic. She had the type of personality that anypony that likes villains couldn't help but love. While I am a huge fan of Nightmare Moon, Starlight became my fave after the season 5 premiere but during that finale, she became my favorite pony. It is just a shame that she eventually caved in to Twilight because had she destroyed that scroll and stopped the rainboom, it would have been game over, Starlight would have won.

I honestly hate what they have done with her. She has gone from being powerful and confident to almost naive and certainly unsure of herself. They have taken away her strong powers (flying with magic, altering spells to make them better and everything else that made her who she was) and replaced her with a pony who just looks like her except she has a horrible mane style now. I know I will probably receive a lot of negative comments over this but I would rather Starlight have remained a villain and been a threat that shows up every now and then than having her being a main character that has been reduced to a shell of her former self.

5244351 5244375 Yeah! It basically depends on what you're looking for.

I like her better reformed because when she was a villain she was evil for petty reasons in my opinion and didn't have to be a villain. But then again i'm a sucker for redemption characters so im a little bias lol

5244621 When you look into real life villains, their motives are often petty. It's what they do to justify their cause that makes them so nefariously wicked.

There is no better or worse, they're both equal.

5244724 good point lol people really should just like her as a character whether or not shes a villain, just like Sunset shes trying to change

5244351 Reformed. I've never been able to like "bad guys".

5245113 Because they're evil. They're the ones being assholes, doing fucked up shit, and hurting other people.

5245117 People see it in the light of, "loving to hate them." We hate them for what they do, but they're so entertaining we love them. If that makes any sense of it?:unsuresweetie:

5245120 It makes sense, but I don't agree with you.

5245131 S'all good. To each his own.

I like both really. I liked Starlight's design since the premier and I could've seen her remaining a villain or being reformed. I like what they've done with the reformation and I was hoping for this outcome more because it means we get to see her more and get more character development. She also provides an avenue for new episodes exploring different friendship problems and provides another relatable pony to the Mane Six. Most people have done something they regret and she speaks to that side of us. Also her personality is a welcome addition to the show. Even if she'd remained a villain I'd still like her a lot, but I'd constantly be wishing we could see more of her and hoping for a redemption episode for that reason. I feel the same way about Chrysalis, she's a good villain but we've only seen her like twice in five seasons and 9 episodes. Changelings are a very interesting concept and I'd love to know more about them, unfortunately the only way that's really likely to happen is if she gets reformed.

Reformed Starlight is the best.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 19