Troy and Canvas 113 members · 34 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
TheVClaw
Group Admin

[Note: This post is a copy of what I just wrote for my personal blogpost, but I wanted to have this up for people who are part of this group]

Okay, first of all, I just want to notify my fans that the Brushed Away series is undergoing a lot of progress as of recently! At the current moment, the first fifteen chapters of my first story have been revised and proofread by myself, SirReal, and Double R. Forrest. I know that there's still a lot to go, but I've been trying my hardest to get everything polished out before I move to getting the story published on print. One of my proofreaders actually got up to chapter 40 with their proofreading, so I'm confident that things will continue to move forward at a steady pace.
If anyone is curious to see how the revised chapters look, you can go ahead and read through Brushed Away yourself to see how much things improved after almost 7 years. And just as a small note, I'm including the proper proofreading credits at the end of each chapter that's been revised for FimFiction. Only 15 of the 53 chapters have been officially revised as of now, but that number will climb steadily throughout this year.
(also, please don't get too upset by how badly the quality might change between the revised and unrevised chapters -- over half a decade of writing experience passed since then, so please don't judge)

Okay, now with all that being said, I wanted to share something really cool that that I received courtesy of Mix-Up. In exchange for writing out his story A King's Corruption earlier this month, he agreed to make a personal art piece for me as part of a trade. I asked for him to draw a portrait of Canvas from Brushed Away, since I was really curious about writing something new regarding him. More specifically, I wanted to write a story focused on Canvas following the events of Season 9 (between episodes 25 and 26), in which the artist would venture into a new medium for his creative muse. And what kind of muse would that be?

That's right! I was thinking that by the time the MLP universe reached that future canon from episode 26, Canvas would have full tattoo sleeves up both forelegs (although maybe with a little more color than that artwork above), and would be a full-fledged tattoo artist alongside his traditional works.

To be fair, I kinda developed this idea after watching tons of Ink Master on YouTube, as well as from my personal experiences getting tattooed myself; I currently have four tattoos, and I actually have a fifth scheduled for tomorrow! But at the same time, seeing the "Where are they now?" stuff in the series finale really got me to thinking about how Troy and Canvas would look by that point. I honestly can't imagine Troy looking much different (aside from maybe some greyer feathers and needing to wear reading glasses), but I really liked the idea that Canvas would end up being tatted all over. And in the months spent pondering such an idea, I ended up developing a full-fledged story in my head about how such an origin would come to me.

Will I ever write it? Hopefully so, because it's a project I really want to sink my teeth into. However, due to how busy my schedule has gotten as of recently (not only with my ongoing commissions and Patreon work, but also my unfinished projects I intend to finish before taking anything new), I really need to get some shit done before tackling a new Brushed Away spinoff. But in the mean time, I'm just trying to stay optimistic about how my year will go.

Before I end this post, don't forget to check out Mix-Up's DeviantArt if you want to see what else he's done. He does speed-drawing videos and takes commissions, and I would highly recommend his work: https://www.deviantart.com/amalgamzaku

Also, if you want to help out with my plans to make Brushed Away a series of physical books you can buy, check out my Ko-Fi page here: https://ko-fi.com/thevclaw

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2