MacinDash Community 210 members · 122 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7
KarmaDash
Group Admin

So, i've been playing around with the idea of hosting a contest for this lovely ship of ours. I now work and even though I have bills to pay (AKA my parents >.>) I do get money left over so ... why not host a writing contest hm?

This is just an idea, to see what you guys think, so feel free to be like "Nah, i'm good"

Rules:(Or well, just the things i'd insist on)
1. Story must have MacinDash, be it main pairing or side.
2. Must be at least 500 words minimum (Can be any length you want after that)
3. No killing them off. I can't deal with that (Especially after the finale)

- You can write any genre(some romance preferred) it can be pony/human/AU's absolutely anything pretty much. Any rating too.

BUT

1. Would you rather I provided one promt for everybody?
2. Would you even like me to give prompts, or would you just like to write what you like?
3. Should I shut up and let you guys start writing?

... onto the part you actually care about. PRIZES

1st = MONEY* (I've yet to get my pay ect so I'm not 100% on what it will be yet. But i'm thinking £20/$30) If you thinks its too low, let me know

2nd + 3rd = Money OR A full body, shaded drawing of a pony character (OC or cannon ^^)

Everybody that enters will get a free character sketch (OC or cannon) they will all be drawn in singles (unless you want your chosen character/OC interacting with those somebody else chose) but will all be uploaded in the same image (Like one big sketch dump)

*I'll be giving about a month for the fics to be written, if you think more time would be needed let me know, so the money prize may well increase!

Thanks for reading, now tell me what you think plz? (REMEMBER! Click the comment button ">>" so i get notifications!)
It's 00:03 in the morning here in the UK and I have work tomorrow so i'm off to bed, shall get notifications tomorrow :)

I'm all for this.

3. No killing them off. I can't deal with that (Especially after the finale)

...and then Applejack caught her best friend and her brother fooling around. The end

Most of the competitions I've been in have a simple theme that people can run with. The first AppleDash contest had two categories, one for them getting together and one with them already in a relationship.
Also if it's a thousand words they get to be published on fimfiction.

I vote for one *simple* prompt for everyone, and a reasonable upper word count (but that's just me )

I'm game though :)

Captain Unstoppable
Group Admin

I'm in, I will even spread it about a bit to get a few more people interested.

KarmaDash
Group Admin

4889915 Woo hoo

4890001 Oh, you know what, that could be a hilarious turn XD

4890036 Hmm sounds like a plan, I know this website has a 1000 minimum, but I don't mind other publishing fics on other webisites with a lower word count

4890957 I think a max of 30,000 would be suitable? Give people more freedom to wrote as much as they'd like, but still have a nice higher limit?

4891564 Awesome ^^

Be sure to let me know/tell me if there needs to be anything else guys. As long as I'm able I think I'll host this sometime after Christmas ^^

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7