Cutie Mark(ed) Crusaders 500 members · 2,629 stories
Comments ( 40 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 40
FrostVortex
Group Admin

Happy Thanksgiving, everypony! Hope you have a thankful day today (and don't forget to eat that turkey)! :ajsmug:

In the meantime, have this cute little picture of the CMC celebrating Thanksgiving!

Fluttercheer
Group Admin

Dayum, Applebloom looks cute with that hat! And the way Sweetie looks at me..... She clearly wants that I take her with me. That can be arranged. :scootangel:
And Scootaloo looks so creepy. She's going to eat that turkey, despite being a vegetarian, to take revenge for all the mean chicken jokes about her!

I don't celebrate Thanksgiving here, but I hope everypony of you has fun!

4878940 I had a pizza. :rainbowlaugh: Anyway the C.M.C. are once again being cute and silly, though Scoots looks a little surprised for some reason.

FrostVortex
Group Admin

Don't you get it? :pinkiecrazy:

Chicken = Turkey
Turkey = Chicken

FrostVortex
Group Admin

About the discussion... sorry, but I can't do it today. I'm leaving soon to go to a Thanksgiving party, and the only way I can communicate there will be through PM. Is that fine with you, or do you still want Skype?

4879239 Leave the bad jokes to me okay? :rainbowwild: That was truly bad. :facehoof:

FrostVortex
Group Admin

:facehoof:

Oh well, I tried. I was never good at jokes.

4879255 You and me both my friend. :rainbowlaugh: I too am really bad at them.

FrostVortex
Group Admin

Especially pun jokes.

Orange you glad that I suck at this? Come on, all, lettuce rejoice! Meat the King of Horrible Puns!

4879277 Wow that is really bad alright. :twilightoops: You are incorrigible.

FrostVortex
Group Admin

Excuse me while I facepalm - actually, facehoof - in quick succession.

:facehoof::facehoof::facehoof::facehoof::facehoof::facehoof:

Oh, great, that hurt.

4879300 Yeah I can't recommend that, it tends to sting; like a lot.

FrostVortex
Group Admin

"Sting"?

Oh, no it doesn't.

It feels more like trudging through the fires of Tartarus six times in a row (I don't know why I did this, don't blame me).

4879327 Did you have too much pumpkin pie or any other really sugary food today? Because you might be on a sugar high, or you're just nuts. Not that I don't know how being crazy feels, because I am.

FrostVortex
Group Admin

Nope. I'm totally fine.

I didn't even eat anything sugary today.

4879350 Oh so you are just a nutcase then. Okay I've taken that journey so I know how it is.

I'm European. Your turkeys mean nothing to me. :trixieshiftright:

Did you have too much pumpkin pie or any other really sugary food today? Because you might be on a sugar high

Another American invention that means nothing to me.

...Seriously, sugar highs are not a real thing.

Fluttercheer
Group Admin

Oh, yeah, the discussion, I almost forgot about that again! I'm still busy with bringing my room back into the normal state I'm used to.
And I'm sick too, so this doesn't help either. :pinkiesick:
In other words, I don't have time anyway. We'll have to do it sometime next week, without distractions.

A chicken joke. That earns you a hit with the broomstick.

*hits you with a broomstick*

...Seriously, sugar highs are not a real thing.

Speaking from experience that they are real. I had a sugar high once or twice in my life.
It feels exactly how it looks when Pinkie goes into full crazy mode.

FrostVortex
Group Admin

Next week? Now that might be a little difficult... oh well.

Hey, you mentioned the chicken joke first! Why did I have to take the hit for it? :fluttercry:

FrostVortex
Group Admin

That. Was. Absolutely. Insulting. :trixieshiftright:

You know what, screw it. I'm a nutcase and I'm proud of it.

4879883 That makes two of us Frost. :pinkiecrazy: I think you have to be a least a little crazy to be around here anyway. I'm not sure about that, but that seems to help at least. :rainbowlaugh:

4879789 Oh so you have had them then? I just get sick when I have that much sugar myself. :pinkiesick:

FrostVortex
Group Admin

Oh, haha. Falling in love with a show featuring pastel-colored ponies, and especially a certain pink party pony, makes you like that.

4879893 I was like that well before this Frost. I'm not sure when it happened mind you but I've been like this for a while now. Pinkie has helped to level me off, well ish anyway. Some of the stuff she does makes me cringe.

FrostVortex
Group Admin

Well, I've also literally always been a nutcase, but when I fell in love with MLP and Pinkie Pie, it got even worse.

Not that I hate it, of course.

4879898 Well there are much worse things in life, so yeah I agree with you. :pinkiehappy:

PrinceUniversa
Group Admin

4878940 4879203 4879167 I swear I think we're the only active ones here... I mean I saw 4879481 comment on here once so there's something. But seriously, I'm feeling lost here why. And this was after I did some reviews/critiques on a different group...

FrostVortex
Group Admin

I really don't know... we've got over 180 members but only about 4 or 5 are active.

4879934 I don't know what to say about that really. You make a good point it's like everyone else in the group is just merely here around the edges of the group or something. :applejackunsure:

PrinceUniversa
Group Admin

4879936 4879938 Yeah, weird right? And I even promoted this group in three different groups and we still don't have a decent numbers of people joining in here... :unsuresweetie:

FrostVortex
Group Admin

:facehoof:

I was going to discuss with Fluttercheer about what to do with the group today, but the discussion had to be delayed until next week. Oh well...

4879941 Yeah that kinda sucks alright. My group Megan's Legacy only has 61 members and it's not an active group just yet, but I didn't expect it to become so right away. This group is about three times larger than mine and more people should be active here.

PrinceUniversa
Group Admin

4879947 What discussion by the way?

4879953 True that, wonder why it's been quiet for some time...

Fluttercheer
Group Admin

Frost and me want to get together to discuss how to advertise the group better, as well as general strategies to make it big.
Frost: Name a time and day where you can talk in Skype.

And about the activity here..... It's true that there isn't much so far, but Fervidor posted something here, and that's a little improvement already!
Success comes very slowly and not over night!
Also, I haven't seen anyone of you snatching up my last prompt in the Prompt Tag Collab. Someone should do this ASAP!
And there must be more pictures in the CMC pic thread!
From my own knowledge about running groups and sites I know that there is one thing that is especially detrimental for a group who wants to become big:

Inactivity in the group.

That leads to it that a lot of new members, who are interested in doing something in the group, don't even start with that because they think that the group is inactive anyway and that it isn't wort the effort, cause they won't receive an answer anyway.
That's why it's important that the few active members a group has at the beginning are really active in it.
If only the same 3 or 4 people post pics always or participate in the collab, it may look a little weird, but it shows that the group is active even with just a few members and this encourages people to join in sooner or later.
It sounds a bit paradox, but that's how it is. Only activity can bring a group activity.

PrinceUniversa
Group Admin

4880140 Well at least this explained it then... Hmm, alrighty then, may as well make some moment to make this shine... right after I sleep :twilightsheepish:

Speaking from experience that they are real. I had a sugar high once or twice in my life.

It feels exactly how it looks when Pinkie goes into full crazy mode.

Well, most scientific studies disagree with you. It's probably just a combination of our old friend Mr Placebo Effect and the fact that children tend to get hyperactive all on their own.

The very concept of sugar highs actually do not exist in my culture, and I only learned about it from watching American TV shows by the time I was a teenager. That kinda makes me a bit skeptical about it. Not only have I never experienced a sugar rush myself, but I have literally never met a single person in my life, face to face, who claims to have.

Fluttercheer
Group Admin

but I have literally never met a single person in my life, face to face, who claims to have.

*raises hoof slowly* Virtual faces don't count? :applecry:

Well, most scientific studies disagree with you. It's probably just a combination of our old friend Mr Placebo Effect and the fact that children tend to get hyperactive all on their own.

I was not a child when this happened.
And, well, science can buck my apple trees in this. :twilightsheepish: I know what happened and the all-mighty scientists don't know better than me what I personally experienced.
And the "Placebo Effect" explanation is just old. It gets used every time science can't explain something. A good way to determine when science is at the end of it's wit.

FrostVortex
Group Admin

Well, the best I can offer right now is next week Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. Some unexpected things might happen though...

Fluttercheer
Group Admin

I'll make sure to be ready on these three days! Send me a Skype message when you're free!

FrostVortex
Group Admin
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 40