Moonlight Raven 244 members · 21 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
Epsilon-Delta
Group Admin

So if Moonlight Raven were an elite fighter what would her fighting style be like? What kind of spells would she use in battle?

I'd imagine her as being highly analytic of her opponents, taking her time to figure them out before moving in. Illusions and more subtle types of attacks might be something she'd favor too.

Can you think of any cool moves/spells for her?

5506845 Dd
Dude that looks awesome. Did you make it?

Anyways, I think so too. Keeping her enemies at bay and tricking them. But I don't know about the spear. Levitating something so potentially heavy for long periods and making its movements complex enough to fight with it? That seems hard even for an above average unicorn like herself. It's also mainly used for head-on attacks, which I don't think fits her. I think a barrage of small objets, like throwing daggers, to confuse her opponents would be more suited for her.

I will use her in a fighting fic myself and decided to give her razor-sharp tarot cards, with which she does just that.

5506845 Along with using illusions Raven would probably use a light weight flexible weapon of some kind rather than a spear. I see her as using something more like a Rope Dart or other such weapon because you are trained to use them to control the flow of battle and dictate you own pace to you enemies which in turn places them at a severe disadvantage. She would be a master of that kind of battlefield manipulation and the exploitation of her enemies.

5506845 I hate to say it, but my first instinct was that Moonie wouldn't be much of a fighter. I tend to see her as more bark than bite, unless the bite is that of teh vampire, in which case she might swoon from the embrace of darkness, which still wouldn't aid her fighting prowess.

...Now I kind of want to see a story like that, though. Moonie needs more fics! :moustache:

5507590 Frankly, this is a brilliant straight answer to the question. Razor-sharp tarot cards sound badass.

5507937 I like the thought of her using illusions, too, or just generally being more of a cerebral/strategic fighter.

Epsilon-Delta
Group Admin

...Now I kind of want to see a story like that, though. Moonie needs more fics!

Well, I might actually secretly have something like that on the backburner. It'd be a sequel to the one-shot I wrote, where Moonlight undergoes intense training to try to become qualified to join Luna's Nightguard and hang out with batponies. Will probably be a while before I actually post anything for it, though. Is secretly why I'm asking, trying to get ideas for fighting moves she might have.

Analytical spellcaster/sneaky-type. If Sunshine can't overcome the enemy with her unconventional all-out attack, Moonlight Raven backstabs them just when they think they're getting the upper hand on her sister. On her own, tends to distract and escape rather than fight head-to-head.

5509262 Yeah she comes across as such.

5509282 I'm intrigued. :duck: Would she actually become proficient in the fighting arts, or would it be more of a comedy? Or some of both?

If she gets good, I could see taking the suggestions of others and having her as a more cerebral/stealthy type. Maybe having her cast life-draining/vampire-type spells would be good too.

I still see a comedy as an easier sell, though I wouldn't discount the other possibility as well.

Epsilon-Delta
Group Admin

Well there's comedy in it of course, but I figure the story would be more fun if she actually manages to pull it off (to some level). Her failing horribly and having to crawl back to her dead-end job would probably be more of a one-shot. But either way, said story is along ways off.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9