Them's Fightin' Herds 338 members · 46 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

So we've seen the Mane Six fight, and we know how our Fœnum champions (except for "The Goat") fight, but now let's think bigger and ask how would the Six Students fight?

Bear in mind (haha, Predator pun), not everyone can shoot magic, blast icicles, or fire gems like Twilight, Oleander, Velvet, and Rarity in that order. What do you think?

I only have a clear picture for two of the Young Six. Yona would probably fight with the bruiser style, similar to Arizona except without the lasso. As for Ocellus, she could exploit her natural changeling abilities and shapeshift while she fights, similar to Double in Skullgirls.

Have no idea for the other four though...

Smolder can use her fire like tianhuo

Comment posted by Themoonisluna deleted Jun 28th, 2020

Yeah. I would have to say, Yona would be very much the "bruiser style" of combat (though without a tool for added distance) - tough enough to tank more attacks than the other fighters and strong enough to dish it out if she gets close enough, but not really that good long range.

Ocellus would be basically a Lighter and Softer version of Shang Tsung from Mortal Kombat in that she could shape-shift into almost any of the other fighters and mimic their fighting styles. Though she could also fly in normal form and fire off bits of gunk to temporarily immobilize the ones she fights.

Gallus and Smolder would both be the "flying rush-down style fighters" - they have the speed to dish out some respectable damage and the maneuverability to dodge a fair number of attacks, but are not as strong or durable as Yona. It should be noted, however, that Smolder DOES have limited distance attacks thanks to her fire breath.

Silverstream would be the second most versatile (behind only Ocellus). While she CAN fly, she can also do more limited shape-shifting than Ocellus, allowing her to assume a form better suited for underwater battles (though this only comes out at APPROPRIATE levels). She can also spit out water at a slightly greater distance than Smolder and her fire breath.

Sandbar, well, his style would be more along the lines of tossing small items from a distance, lacking the toughness for the bruiser style that Yona has, Ocellus's shape-shifting, the wings for the "flying rush-down" style of either Gallus or Smolder or the water-based attacks of Silverstream.

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

GALLUS: Can't we just talk about this like reasonable creatures?
YONA: Smash now. Talk later!

[OCELLUS is cycling through all her different forms one-by-one]
SMOLDER: Would you just pick one already? I don't care which!

SANDBAR: ... you'll go easy on me, right?
YONA: Sure! Yona find smashing pony very easy.

GALLUS: Something seems fishy about this.
SILVERSTREAM: Oops! [giggle] Forgot to change back!

OCELLUS: Did you know that physical violence only has a 5% success rate at resolving disputes?
GALLUS: Oh, great. I'm gonna be lectured to death.

SMOLDER: This isn't the place for cute little ponies. Better run while you still can.
SANDBAR: Afraid I'm gonna ruin your dress?
SMOLDER: Oh, it is on!

[SILVERSTREAM vs SILVERSTREAM]
SILVERSTREAM 1: ... Ocellus? Is that you?
SILVERSTREAM 2: I thought you were Ocellus!
SILVERSTREAM 1: Oh no! Maybe we're both Ocellus!

YONA: Yona want perfect victory. No hit Yona!
SMOLDER: Smolder want perfectly-roast yak for dinner.

[GALLUS vs SANDBAR]
BOTH: Can't we just talk about this like reasonable creatures?
BOTH: Ah, darn it.

Smolder vs. Silverstream:

Smolder: Okay, so it comes down to fire against water.

Silverstream: I'll put your fire out, all right.

Sandbar vs. Yona

Sandbar: I don't know what I did wrong, but I'm sorry.

Yona: I'll accept your apology AFTER I break every bone in your body.

Silverstream vs. Gallus

Silverstream: So, want me to treat you to lunch after we're done sparring?

Gallus: And just what is THAT supposed to mean?

Ocellus vs. Silverstream

Ocellus: So, you have a date with Gallus after we're done here?

Silverstream: We're just friends!

Ocellus vs. Yona

Ocellus: Don't lie to me, Yona. I can sense how you feel about Sandbar.

Yona: I have no idea what you are talking about.

Gallus vs. Sandbar:

Gallus: So, the stuff about you and Yona true?

Sandbar: Depends. Is the stuff about you and Silverstream true?

Gallus vs. Sandbar:

Gallus: We don't have to do this, Sands.

Sandbar: Applejack or Rainbow Dash wouldn't back down. I'm not either.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7