Them's Fightin' Herds 338 members · 45 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

I'm sure you're all familiar with the cute fight game, Them's Fightin' Herds.

Ever since I first heard about and saw it, I thought that a Them's Fightin' Herds TV animated series would be awesome.
So in this forum, I'm going to tell my thoughts on who I think would be the voice cast of the characters, who the main character should be, and even what I think the plot should be like.

Note: All this is all my opinion.

Voice cast:
New Character - Unknown
Arizona - Cherami Leigh or Michelle Creber
Velvet - Stevie Vallance
Oleander - Cherami Leigh (with Trevor Devall or John de Lancie as Fred)
Paprika - Ashleigh Ball or Andrea Libman
Pom - Claire Corlett
Tianhuo - Maryke Hendrikse

The Main Character:
My opinion is that Arizona would be the main character. The reason for that is because she's a little cow with no real special powers. This would make her to be an unlikely or underdog type of hero trying to go against all odds and prove themselves. One that the audience can relate to. Many say Oleander, but I disagree with that, because of the fear that if Oleander was made the main character, those who would watch it would probably say "It's My Little Pony all over again." Just because Oleander is based on MLP's main character, Twilight Sparkle, doesn't mean she should be the main character.

Another way I can see it is that it could be a completely new different character. Like say...a horse or pony. And he/she (most likely she) would go on a journey to be Fœnum's new Key Keeper. I could meet the other 6 characters on her journey, and learns things from each of them, since this new character would be very all-rounded/versatile in fighting. I could see this happening too.

The Plot/series:
I think the series would be either like Dragon Ball, HunterXHunter, or Ultimate Muscle, 3 Japanese anime known for their mixture of comedy, thrilling, epic, serious action, and light-hearted and sometimes dark tones. I think the series would be like either of those 3. The plot would start with Arizona or the new character journeying around Fœnum to become the new Key Keeper. She would encounter the other characters, who have the same ambitions to be Fœnum's new Key Keeper (except for perhaps Pom and Paprika, who either want to avoid it or don't really care about it), along the way, and learn some fighting strategies from each of them. They would also learn things from each other as well. But along the way, the plot would soon shift, and all the characters would learn that they would need to put their differences aside, befriend one another, and uniting as one to fight against a common foe to save their world of Fœnum.

What do you think of this if Them's Fightin' Herds became an TV animated series? Do you see any of these things happening? Do you think Arizona would be the main character, or a do you think a new, completely different character who is very all-rounded/versatile in fighting would be better for a main character? Do you agree with the voice cast of the characters I thought of, or do you have different ideas for the cast? Who do you think would be perfect for voicing the new different main character? And do you believe the series would be similar to the 3 anime I mentioned? And do you see the plot being like I discussed?

I'd like to hear what you think of this. And maybe present this idea to Lauren Faust herself, and the creators of the game. Until then...STAMPEDE!!!!

Awesome idea

I would watch it and love it! If its done correctly and doesn't end up the same way MLP has and goes to absolute crap for the sake of money.

I think it would be a really good idea if done right. As for your spin on it, it definitely has potential. Arizona DOES have the potential to be a good underdog character/Badrump Normal (I know that's not the way the trope is worded, but I try very hard to avoid using profanity on public forums) hero.

Actually, there could be arcs that have EACH of the six main fighters taking turns as the main character, each gaining a healthy amount of character development along the way. Of course, each character development arc would introduce a fair number of background characters who end up gaining some level of importance to the focus character in some way or another.

And perhaps an occasional Breather Episode could be used following a particularly action-packed and/or dark arc.

Indeed, the six of them starting out as rivals, then gradually learning to trust and respect each other enough to work together for a common goal IS an excellent idea.

Thanks immensely for sharing this with us.

You're welcome, and thank you. :twilightsmile:

Though what you said about the six of them starting as rivals. I could actually see Pom and Paprika becoming friends and companions with Arizona quickly, because Pom is timid, and reluctant to fight, and Paprika is more interested in spreading love. But there could still be arcs involving each of them.
I recon Tianhuo would possibly be the first out of the other three to gain some respect for Arizona because of her determination as a fighter, as well as her protective spirit towards others that would remind her of herself. She would take pity on Pom because she would remind her of little Longmas who could not fight, including a young Longma that she picked on in her youth. As for Paprika...I...uhh...I don't really know. LOL!

I think the second one would be Oleander, and then (reluctantly) Velvet last.

Also, what do you think of the voice cast I thought of? And how the show would be like Dragon Ball, Hunter X Hunter, or Ultimate Muscle (though, I'm leaning more towards Hunter X Hunter)?

Point quite well taken.

I think the voice cast is pretty good. Though, honestly, I could also see the voice cast from the game reprising their roles.

As for as the show, yeah, I'm thinking an equal mix of Dragon Ball and Ultimate Muscle (mostly because they're the only two of the three I've actually seen any episodes of). Though maybe some elements of Justice League: the Animated Series (that ALSO did a good job balancing the light and the dark).

I mean:

Arizona/Superman (raised by farmers, super-strength and super-speed, most overtly heroic of the main cast)

Tianhou/Batman (most disciplined and serious of the main heroes) with some elements of Wonder Woman (born from a warrior race and is basically a Flying Brick)

Oleander/Hawkgirl (most aggressive and sarcastic of the main heroes, plus Fred's influence might lead her to places as dark as misplaced loyalty to her fellow Thangarians briefly led Shayera to in the second season finale of the Justice League series)

Velvet/Green Lantern (mostly due to creative use of her ice powers serving as a good analogue to the power ring)

Paprika/Flash (super-fast comic relief)

and, well, okay, Pom would not be a particularly good analogue to the Martian Manhunter, so that will require some thought.

Or the 2003 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series:

Arizona and Tianhou would basically share the role of Leonardo (Arizona for being the most overtly heroic of the group, Tianhou for being the most disciplined and serious)

Oleander and Pom would share the role of Donatello (Oleander for being the brains and Pom for being the least violent)

Velvet/Raphael (mostly due to the rivalry with both Arizona and Tianhou)

and, obviously Paprika/Mikey

The predators would basically be the Foot Clan (with the mysterious Devourer serving as the Shredder)

What can I say? I'm more into Western Animation than I am into anime.

Pom would be B'wana Beast.

Sounds perfectly reasonable. But what about Shanty? Wouldn't she have to be in here somewhere?

Yeah. Probably as a recurring secondary antagonist (given her attempts to steal the key). The main group would, of course, keep trying to reason with her that they are trying to stop the Predators and they need the key to do it, but Shanty is, of course, too stubborn to listen. Predominantly a more comedic antagonist than the Predators, but still a formidable fighter.

Perhaps, at the end of the first season, the six main characters manage to defeat the Devourer (for the first time) and agree to split the key into six pieces for better security (each taking a piece). The pirates Shanty associates with could take over as the main antagonists of Season 2 trying to get the key pieces (using Shanty, of course, to do most of the dirty work). They also manage to steal a magic stone that can merge things together Though the six main fighters end up defeating Shanty's crew, the pirates still manage to recover all the pieces of the key, reassemble it and free some of the mook predators, with the magic stone merging some of the mooks into one super-Predator who ends up becoming the main antagonist of Season Three,

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9