Human and Anthro Spike Harems 242 members · 228 stories
Comments ( 30 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 30
Wildcard25
Group Admin

Outside Highschool Dragon, Dragon Gamer, and Feral World, I've been thinking of another idea for the future.

Set in a world that's a combination of magic/fantasy and modern/technological. Everyone is granted a specific type of magic. Some can use spells and levitation, others sprout wings, and some have enhanced strength, but Spike the adopted son/brother of the Sparkles and Twilight is the only one unable to do any of those things and therefore cannot attend the same school as his adopted sister.

Always standing in his sisters shadow as well as her five best friends, especially since they are the guardians of harmony Spike feels unloved and useless. Especially when Twilight shelters him from the dangers of the outside world. Eventually after so much neglect and sheltered Spike runs away determined to show them all he can be more than what they give him credit for.

Now many years later Twilight and her friends reunite with Spike who has put together a traveling party of girls who take up jobs to earn money from hunting, to guarding, etc. Twilight and the girls make it their mission to show Spike how much they love him despite his resentment towards them

Spike paired with the Mane Six plus Sunset Shimmer along with Gabby, Fleur De Lis, Moondancer, Wallflower Blush, Saffron Masala, and Countess 'Rara' Coloratura.

Wildcard25
Group Admin

We'll see if anyone around here has their own two cents about this idea

Well, I have already read many stories where it is a world with magic or some power and Spike is someone without powers, if I could make a suggestion, be that Spike keep his fire breath, but that it be a weak fire breath, which he has to perfect.

That is an interesting idea Wildcard. What would be the title of this future fic of yours?

Wildcard25
Group Admin

Spike learns how to fight hand to hand and with a sword from Shining Armor so he's not helpless.

That I'm trying to figure out

Interesting, are you inspired by the comic Spike Chronicles by CmacX???

Wildcard25
Group Admin

Yes only without the whole Kingdom Hearts touch, and Twilight banishing him for reasons we still don't know about. basically this is all Spike's choice and tired of living in Twilight's shadow and overly sheltered.

what about Spike the Traveler? That's all I could come up with right now and it could be your working title.

I have some questions; First two are how old are Spike and the girls, and are they anthro or humanize?

Wildcard25
Group Admin

They’re humans but every human is born with a type of ability some born with magic, some the ability to fly, and some with enhanced strength. Spike unfortunately was born with neither hence he is different from everyone else. Especially since Twilight and her friends are empowered by the elements of harmony. Spike and the girls start out as teens but following time skip they are in their early 20s

I see.

And these other girls Spike meets up with (Gabby, Fleur De Lis, Moondancer, Wallflower Blush, Saffron Masala, and Countess 'Rara' Coloratura), what role do they play and what are their combat capabilities?

Wildcard25
Group Admin

Well aside from the obvious, Fleur, Moondancer, and Saffron can use magic. Gabby can fly, Wallflower and Rara have enhanced strength.

Fleur and Rara are trained in combat, Fleur also good with a sword. Gabby is good at aerial maneuvers, Wallflower is a healer with potions, Moondancer is a spellcaster, and Saffron is a chef, but also learns to fight hand to hand.

I see. Here are some things you could add to them:

Fleur’s sword choice is a rapier but it’s not just any plain old sword either, it has mystical powers and it’s been in her family for generations. She also serves somewhat of a mentor/big sister figure towards Spike who starts to harbor feelings for him.

Rara is somewhat the bard of the party and can preform songs that increases and enhance the abilities of her friends. She’s also quite a nymph and knows a couple notes that increases one’s libido.

Wallflower is attuned to nature but unlike Fluttershy who can speak to animals, she can speak to plants.

Saffron has many magical abilities that are unique due to coming from a far away land but the way she casts them are rather strange as she has to preform a belly dance to do so. Her powerful spell is the “Naval Cannon” in which she unleashes a powerful laser from her bellybutton.

That’s all I got at the moment with these gals. I don’t have anything with Gabby or Moondancer yet but what do you think so far.

Wildcard25
Group Admin

Not bad. Could add to their attacks and combat prowess

Eventually after so much neglect and sheltered Spike runs away

Oh no, it's The Rise of Spike the Dragon, run for your lives!!!!

In all seriousness though, it seems similarly meanspirited (although nowhere near the same degree). Like I can understand wanting to prove himself better and all that, but... resenting them? It's very difficult to balance a dynamic where a character feels inferior because he can't do things as well as other people and wanting to prove himself to them, the torment he feels because of how he it seems other characters look down on him for his weakness, and the narrative flow that makes it clear what headspace he's in compared to how things are in reality. That's something I think a story like Breakthrough with the Forbidden Master pulls off very well.

From the summary, it seems like Twilight and friends will have to prove themselves worthy of being Spike's acquaintances after they didn't think he could be capable without any powers, which seems kinda... wrong? Like yeah, I get it, he's been stewing in this pit for some unspecified length of time, but while they're partially in the wrong for not having faith in his abilities or trying to (safely) encourage him, he's also in the wrong because he just like, left his home for years on end before coming back to flex on them with his newfound strength and companionship. So I think that if the story's going to succeed, it needs communication between both parties at its core, with Spike and his former friends and family airing out their grievances and coming to an understanding of sorts at the end. Reciprocated feelings.

Wildcard25
Group Admin

Spike left because he was unhappy with how things were no matter how good it looked like he had it he still felt like the odd one out. And he doesn't return to boast about his new life. The girls run into him out there

Of course, Twilight and her friends would have abilities that would be unique to them as well:

Applejack could harden her skin and can shrug off most attacks because this. Another thing to know is whenever she uses this ability, her skin looks like that it's made of bronze.

Pinkie can inflate herself like a balloon and explode but can regenerate herself shortly after that, sort of like how she did this in Pony Life. She usually uses this to trick enemies that she's charging herself up for a self-destruct and will unleash a powerful explosion which makes them run for their lives.

Fluttershy can, of course, talk to animals and sometimes call upon them for aid. She's also a skilled healer.

Rarity can conjure up diamonds and uses in many verities like weapons and shields.

Rainbow can fly super-fast. That's all I got for her...

And as for Twilight, I got something interesting for her. She has this sort of super form called the "Goddess Form" which looks something like this:

While in this form, she can perform all kinds of insanely powerful feats. But there's a catch, Twilight can only stay in this form for ten minutes before having to change back. If she stays in this form any longer than that, then her body will start breaking down.

Any thoughts?

Wildcard25
Group Admin

Definitely adds to them. I mean just the title guardians of harmony means they will be more powerful than others natural abilities and grant them abilities that others don't actually have

Glad you like them. Also just give you an idea of how powerful Twilight's Goddess Form is, think of it as being similar to Anos from Misfit at Demon King Academy.

Wildcard25
Group Admin

I meant more figuratively than literally. Spike has reservations about his friends because despite his lofty arrangements, he feels inadequate due to his powerlessness. That's the same thing Earth from Breakthrough with the Forbidden Master went through. My only concern (beyond the timeskip) is what his dynamic with the people in his life will be like during his return.

So, when you said that the setting in this story is a combination of magic/fantasy and modern/technological, is it something similar to Final Fantasy 15?

Wildcard25
Group Admin

Well I never played it before. But the setting is similar to the world of the cartoon show Mysticons

I see. Cause I was thinking maybe you would make the villains in this one a little more interesting by making them mostly corporate greedbags instead of the typical evil sorcerer who wants to take over the world. Sort of similar to the main villains, the Magog Cartel, of Oddworld.

Wildcard25
Group Admin

Actually for this series I don't intend on making it where they have to fight villains. While it looks like it could be I'm not following that formula for this story.

I see. But still, if you do intend to use at least a couple villains into the story, this would be a unique way to use them. Sort of like a magic vs. technology kind of thing, but it's your call though.

Wildcard25
Group Admin

Well, we'll see. After all perhaps fighting some enemies even one timers together could help bring Spike, Twilight, and the guardians back together

Yeah, what's a story without a little action, right? :raritywink:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 30