I HATE Starlight Glimmer 143 members · 54 stories
Comments ( 67 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 67

I know that's what you mean and I agree with you, and I already stopped watching the show cause of Starlight and thank goodness for that, I have low hopes that things will get better.

Me neither, they use the argument that she's "more human" than the mane six, since the six are supposed to be the embodiment of different aspects of femininity, and she's supposedly not. Despite being "more human" or whatever, she's still too boring and let's not forget that destroying the world and raging with violent vehemence at a misguided friend is something only a person who's "human" could do ugh.

Other than that, they feel bad for her (I don't), are impressed with her magic, they say she's more beautiful than other unicorns, she's a hero and because of Trixie, and let's not forget that she's Twilight (people love twilight so they'll love a pony like her) only she's worse and I really can't understand why even a sane fan would say she's a good character.

Anything said fact or not to make Starlight look amazing, all hail Queen Starlight! :pinkiecrazy:

How do you feel about Tempest?

Comment posted by Vigriff deleted Apr 8th, 2018

Wow, preach it! I forget that Tempest is another character I don't accept. I too thought Tempest was in the same boat of awful antagonist turned "good" like Starlight Glimmer. Both their motivations for wickedness were just absurd making them both poor excuses for characters and neither one deserve what they get in the end. I dislike Starlight more but Tempest is still one of the most horribly jacked up characters in the show, and people ship her with Twilight, no just no

Why do so many people like these two characters?! It's almost painful.

it seems to be what a lot of the adventures arcs in MLP are like nowadays: a fanfiction where some incredibly powered evil OC pony who has a certain dream overthrows a kingdom and innocent ponies to try to accomplish it, and doesn't have to face the consequences (whilst also treating the Mane Six almost like background ponies), the end.

This is a good reason why the show is slowly losing it's appeal to me. I almost wished that Hasbro would have just ended the show after season 4 or 5 if this is what's becoming of the show, it's too beautiful of a show to fall from grace like this.

You made good points about Tempest.

You're welcome. If there's anything I didn't like about the movie, it's Queen Novo and Grubber. Not to mention how Twilight was being quite detestable in the film.

Comment posted by Vigriff deleted Sep 4th, 2020

um I stop watch the show after starlight became a main char,

I blame Michael Vogel for it, he was one of the writers, I have a feeling that Megan McCarthy had different plans for her originally but Vogel (who I didn't see as a writer at first) then came in and meddled with it.

*Hears the Dreaded Name
VOOOOOOOOGGGGEEEELLLL!!!!

Might as well be called the tainted one considering everything he touches turns to shit.

Your reasons are very well said, dude. I couldn't agree more.

I used to love MLP From the beginning of the show, but ever since Starlight's terribly written redemption which is from the reasons you stated and and Season 6-8 coming out, I kind of lost interest. After that, I usually just focused on watching the MLP Equestria Girls Movies and shorts. They're not that good, but they're still worth watching to me.

Honestly, I agree with these.

2.0 implies an improvement over the original which Starlight is not.

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 67