Lyra and Bon Bon BFFs 42 members · 86 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

I'm pretty sure some of the fics in this group have no business being here.

The name of this group — "Lyra and Bon Bon BFFs" — and the description, "group for writers that see Lyra and Bon Bon as best buddies", suggest that the group is meant for stories where the relationship between the two girls is, hmmm, entirely innocent.

And yet, looking at the fics in the group right now, we find stories such as:

• Lyra and Bon Bon's Forty Day Cruise, where "the two marefriends" are "scrutinized by the cripplingly homophobic earth pony couple."
  • Crazy Clothesless Capers Good with her Hands (does that title sound like a creepy Elsa/Spiderman video to anyone else?) as well as its sequel. It involves Lyra and Bon-Bon going to a nudist beach and... well, the story's rated Mature, presumably deservedly so.
  • "We're getting a Divorce", which is, well, precisely about what the title suggests.
  • Sweetie Belle Drops"“That was an amazing wedding,” Lyra said [...] “Yeah,” Bon Bon smiled, glancing at her marefriend, before looking at the bouquet on her back. She’d caught it when Matilda had thrown it into the crowd. And I’d love if we could have ours someday."
  • Coming to Terms"“Bon Bon …” she murmured, padding around with her forehoof to find a trace of the pony she had loved most in all of Equestria, “Bon Bon …” [...] As she buried her face into the pillow, she could still just make out her marefriend’s scent, but the final traces had almost faded."

(Maybe there's more; I haven't looked at them all.)

So yeah. I think this kind of fanfics is outside the scope of this group.

I wonder if the group description should be rewritten, to clarify what fics we're looking for. Or perhaps the moderation should be more rigorous.
Unless the first F in "BFFs" stands for something quite different than 'friends'?...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1