Eternal Crusade 71 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 23 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 23

For DLC the planet should be a tomb world

4468080 No necrons in the game. Just random Tyrannids.

I just want to know how the organization is going to work. I know it's squad based, but are they going to throw you in a group and hope everyone actually does what they are told? There is always going to be that one guy that runs off in the land raider to fuck around rather than contribute to whatever assault/defence/objective/whatever is assigned by 'command'. It's an open world game after all.

XBLOODTHIRSTERX
Group Admin

4468130 The organization is much the same a the Commander feature in Battlefield 4; You give a group/squad of players an objective and offer an award for completing it (most often this "award" is an exp boost) but it doesn't count against them if they they choose not to. The rest of the organization is counsel based. This group in particular is made up of players who are strong contributors to their community, being named "The War Counsel".

4468162 I've missed the past couple of livestreams so that's probably why I didn't know. Thanks!

XBLOODTHIRSTERX
Group Admin

4468080 The Solar system for the game has multiple planets, and seeing that the Necrons were one of the three most requested races in an interview, (the other two being the Tau and the Adepta Sororitas) I would say it is likely they will put a tomb world in the game (if not just the Necrons).

XBLOODTHIRSTERX
Group Admin

4468176 My pleasure, I try and provide as much information as possible

We should have hive cities with fully simulated building destruction physics. As the battle progresses, spires begin to get knocked over and the city's exterior gets blown open by the sheer ferocity of the fighting. The battle is divided into phases, one level of the hive city per phase. Each phase has sectors that must be captured. The invasion is either from the top or bottom of the city. The Imperium defends, Chaos, Orks, or Eldar attack. The Imperium's goal is to push the invaders out of the hive by winning on levels and destroying important key objectives, while the invaders' objective is to destroy the defending Imperial forces. In addition, you could have a fully simulated hiveworld with Hive clusters and hundreds, maybe thousands of hives, which would lead to massive leap frog campaigns from hive to hive that would literally take months.

In an alternate scenario, the Imperium counterinvades a hiveworld that has been captured by the xenos or Chaos.

XBLOODTHIRSTERX
Group Admin

They have that, but it isn't cities; It's actual military bases.

Well, I wouldn't know. I don't make a habit of monitoring games.

XBLOODTHIRSTERX
Group Admin

4469029 Well that's what I'm here for

I actually completely forgot eternal war was coming...to busy jumping to the clouds for dark souls 3, fallout 4 , Total war:Warhammer. You know the stuffs.

Ps. Been excited by the Total war: Warhammer trailer. Can't wait :rainbowkiss:

XBLOODTHIRSTERX
Group Admin

4470184 To be honest, I wish they would just stick with one or the other when it comes to Warhammer and 40k

And I wish GW will give up that Lord of the Rings license it picked up for some Goddawful reason and built up a model game for.
I mean, I doubt that LotR is really draining much time and resources from GW's flagship games, but still... what the Hell?

I generally don't like MMORPGs, but I'm guessing that this one isn't going to have too much in the way of fetch quests or standing in front of monsters and clicking on them until their life bar drains to zero. If I emerge from the character creation and some jackass tells me to bring him six Carnifex claws, I'm done.
I'm also hoping that the combat controls will be similar to Space Marine. That game had some of the best and intuitive melee/ranged combat mixing and controls that I've seen in a while.

XBLOODTHIRSTERX
Group Admin

4471762 It isn't going to be a fetching quests game at all, and the controls will be pretty much the same (or at least similar) as Space Marine. What we are looking at is "Mission Servers", instead of quests. You join a pvp or pve server and take in from there. To evaluate; You join a server provided by a list from your War Counsel and choose one that looks interesting like a sea battle or a group looking for players to join a Firefight game.

Comment posted by XBLOODTHIRSTERX deleted Jun 17th, 2015

4468059 I just want imperial guards to be in there. Or even techpriests.

XBLOODTHIRSTERX
Group Admin

4489960 Indeed, many have requested fodder type troops as free to play, like Cultists for Chaos and Guardians for Eldar.

4490057 I just want to see IG as a faction that can handle something and come out of it alive.

XBLOODTHIRSTERX
Group Admin

4490083 Why? doesn't sound very fluffy (40k friendly) to make IG stand a chance by themselves lol

4499586 Yeah but the IG aren't useless, they've fought and won tons of times.

XBLOODTHIRSTERX
Group Admin

4500564 No I mean by themselves, like taking on a chaos marine alone

4501793 it's happened before.,,

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 23