This Cruel and Random World Audio Book 31 members · 4 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
Bluegrass Brooke
Group Admin

I'm assuming we've all seen introduction threads before. Tell us a little about yourself, don't be shy.

I'll start

Name:

Bluegrass Brooke (duh)

Primary focus on the site:

Writing

Do you have a persona/OC you use for the site? If so, why'd you choose it?

I have a donkeysona! I love donkeys. ^.^ I chose this in part because my personality is very much like a donkey. I'll do work and I'll do it hard, but when pushed to far, I blow a gasket and lash out at just about anyone. You don't want to be anywhere near me when I'm mad.

Favorite ship:

You have to ask? TWICORD!

What's your favorite kind of story?

Slow paced, emotionally dark, slice of life fics with a well-developed romance. Ideally, the main characters will get seriously injured at some point, the more pain the better as long as they live through it.

What kind of scenes have the most impact on you as a reader (in general)?

Dark, heavily emotional scenes with a lot of internal conflict. I want the character to be in pain emotionally and physically as it really makes me relate to that character on a deeper level. In all my stories, I try to include a scene like this as these scenes are always the ones that stick with me the most.

Favorite episode and why?

The Return of Harmony because I was introduced to my favorite character, Discord!

Why are you here and what would you like to contribute?

I made the group and the story. Plus, I feel guilty I'm making Nerf do so much.

My organizational skills. XD That's a thing, right? Also, my art/writing skills. Weee!

Fun Fact about yourself:

I've worked with horses for ten years now, handling, riding, driving, and whatever else I can do at the stable. I don't own a horse, but I do volunteer. This equestrian knowledge leaks into my writing at times. One of my biggest pet peeves is people calling horses' coats "fur." It's not fur, it's coat or hairs! Urgh.

donkeysonna

donkeysona,

Name: TemplarBrony

Primary Focus on this site: Reading mostly, also being proofreader to our lovely lady. Maybe someday in the future I will tackle writing.

Do you have a persona/OC you use for the site? If so, why'd you choose it? Yes, his name is Ember (That's him, drawn by the lovely Bluegrass). As to why I chose him? Well, red is my favorite color, I have a talent for poetry according to all my high school English teachers, so there's part of his talent. Also, unicorn master race XD.

Favorite ship:

Honestly, I have OTP's for most of the Mane 6:

Flashlight (Sorry Bluegrass, I haven't given up yet.)
FlimJack (Two business ponies on opposite sides of the spectrum)
DumbellDash (I blame lopoditty on Deviantart)
Rariblood (Yes I like Prince Blueblood)
PartyPie (This just barely beat CheesePie)
Honestly, I don't really have any ships for Flutters, probably because I personally don't like her, but meh.

I love all kinds of stories, as long as their written well.

I like scenes that make me feel like I'm right there with the characters, feeling what they feel, seeing what they see etc.

Wow, that's hard, but if I had to choose: Suited for Success (Season 1, Episode 14) because this episode sucked me into the fandom, oh sure, I had friends who were bronies, but during the season 3 offseason, one of my friends sat me down for an MLP marathon, most people were hooked with 'Winter Wrap Up' because the song was so good, I liked it, but it was 'Art of the Dress' that made me a fan of, not only MLP, but Rarity as well (best pony)

I'm here because I love this story, as for what I can contribute, probably not much, considering my specialty is being a grammar Nazi (and the occasional funny comment), and you can't really pick on someone's spelling in an audio book, but I'll do my best to not be useless.

Fun Fact about yourself:

I tend to like characters not a lot of people like (Gilda [before redemption], Blueblood), and hate other characters others seem to love (Fluttershy, Bulk Biceps).

Nerfyy
Group Admin

hehe i guess its my turn then

Name:
NerfStranger or Chris ^^

Reading! I have read over 1000 Fanfictions from MLP in my now 2 Years of being a Brony. And yeah... well, let's say that 90% of these were Discord storys :'D [jep Discord freak] I have over 280 Favorites here and (sadly) 820 STORYS in my read later .... jep 820 [DONT JUDGE ME!]
So yeah i know a lot about Discord Fanfictions xDD
And now thanks to Bluegrass im a Pre-Reader hehe *yaay* (PS: so if you need a pre-reader with awesome ideas in mind for Discord Storys then scream for me xD)

Well of course i have my Oc Raptor Case ^^ But im not really using him here

Favorite ship and hate ship:
Well as you may can tell i LOVE Discolight/Twicord
But I love Dislestia JUST AS MUCH
i couldn't choose between them ^^
on second place is Discuna/Lunacord
and on third place are Crackships like: Applecord, Discodash, Raricord and Discodence
i dont hate gay ships with Discord but i really dislike them
But when there is one ship that i HATE its Fluttercord hehe ^^ (dat does not mean im a hater)

new storys! Storys with a concept, scenes or dialouge that was never seen before.
Beside that i love romance/shipping storys, painfully emotional storys, dark with a bit of gore (if its written correctly) and just as much Bluegrass does i like storys were the main characters (Discord *cough*) gets hurt ^^ doesnt matter if emotionally or physically

Heavily emotional scenes with heartbreaking dialouge and moments ^^ (till i shead manly tears), indescribably cute or heartwarming scenes and plot twists

The Return of Harmony because I was introduced to my favorite character, Discord! (coppyed that from Blue hehe)
yeah but seriously i love every of the now 9 Episodes with Discord ^^ Because Discord is just the most important and best thing for me about the whole show <3 ... no the whole fandom hehe

Well Bluegrass and i share this project in some way ;3 im planning everything, im looking for voiceactors, im voicing a lot of the voices myself and im the narrator in the audio book. Also im the one who has to cut and edit everything together. im writing the scripts and give every voiceactor their lines ^^ so yeah hehe ... im doing a lot here xDD (and im Bluegrass' new pre-reader/Idea-Man muhaha)

Fun Facts about yourself:
hmmm well im 17 Years old and im German xD Yep im from Germany and i like English more than German xDD (so sorry for my bad english sometimes ^^)
Fun thing is i absolutely hate the topic and everything realated to LOVE *urghh* ... but only in real life xD and in fiction its the best thing ever <3
To describe me a bit more im probably something you would call a Freak <3
I collect sooooo much stuff and have a very strange sence of humor when it comes to me and my close friends ^^
I Collect : DvDs, Posters, Blindbags, Trading Cards from MLP, Energy Drink Cans, Rare 3D Print figures (MLP), Comics, Mangas and almost everything of Discord
So yeah im a GIGANTIC Discord fan. Discord is the most important part of this whole fandom for me. I can almost say Discord is a really big part of my life, because i spend SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much time reading only fanfictions of him. there is a lot more to it but that would take to long to write here ^^ so yeah
Mew ;3

My turn
Name: Mix-Up, amalgamzaku (on Deviantart )
Primary focus on the site: copy and peast Fim fictions on word and run them on an audioreder so that I can lesend to them wiell I draw.
Persona/OC on the site: blue pegassu, why (?): blue is my favorite color. As for the pegassu, because I like the idea of the frill of flying and I like the focused to atheism in their culture that appeal to my believe in pushing ones own limits whether it is physical or mental and to strive to become better in everything that I do. Plus, l have always like horses.
What's your favorite kind of story? I like pretty much everything, I like to try to read new things, but I especially like HiEs. I like the fish out of water stories and sense I’ve been in Japan I have develop a test to emerge myself in other cultures.
What kinds of scene have the most impact on me?
I like it the moment when the hero finds himself at the bottom of the barrel and finds that the only way out is to claw is way out, overcome his fear and face his antagonist to overcome him.
My favorite episode and why?
The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000, it was one of the first episodes I saw and I love the Flim Flam brothers’ charisma and their Song musical. Despite being the antagonist of the episode but their where never truly malicious (manipulative yes) and that surprise me and I couldn’t bring myself to hate them.
Favorite ship: I actually first started to be interested MLP by Doctor Whooves fan work radio and love the shipping between the Doctor an Ditsy. I have lave always sympathies to Ditsy because of her disability and her marginalizing from other.
I like Bluegrass Brooke work, she ask help for her project, even went as far to invite me specifically to her group, so I was flattered of the thought. I admire people ambition, they inspire to go further in my endeavors and I like to encourage then when I can.
Fun Fact about yourself: I’m a French Canadian, I am studying at a community college in graphic novel, I love to draw, but because of my writing disability I have very weak in writing story. I am persistent and have work hard in my study, I had manage to study one year abroad in Belgium last year, and I wouldn't trade all the experience I have lived then for anything in the world. I like horseback riding, I do it almost twins a week every week and I love it.

Name:

Drifting Heart

Reader

I have a ponysona and hes an earth pony oc. Because I see so many pegasi unicorn OCs but rarely any earth ponies so i thought why not. Unlike most earth ponies who are farmers and bakers I like to analyze stuff and I sometimes go overboard and overthink things a little too much.

Favorite ship:
CheesePie
TwiCord
AppleFlim
FlutterBulk
Rarity/thunderlane
Dash and big mac

Dark/angsty emotional and romance of course adventure I will read anything as long as the story is good and catches my attention.

When a character like pinkie or cheese goes through a moment of angst sorry but seeing happy characters have angsty moments is probably one of the most emotional things you can read.

Pinkie Pride because weird al and because that adorkable cheese boy made me hate him at first for making pinkie cry but then he sang that song where she inspired as a colt when he ran away from home brought me to tears. so ever since then i shipped that couple and i cant ship pinkie with anyone else same with cheese those two belong together!
I liked make new friends keep discord even if it was a fluttercord episode it still had cute twicord moments i love twilight getting mad at discord XD

Well since i cant voice act or draw i am just here to support my favorite author and her audiobook we love you brooke you know that XD.

Fun Fact about yourself:
I am shy so it takes me a while to warm up to anyone because well i feel like i am being annoying when i talk about things i like. I also love pinkie pie of course everyone knew that and cheese sandwich i could talk for hours about why i love him so much but then we will be all day wouldnt we? I like comedy so maybe thats why i am drawn to characters like pinkie and cheese. I also love to read and write and try to make friends on here. funny thing is i love shipping but i find overly sappy romance annoying espeically when its handled so badly in movies! then again a lot of rom-coms are crap anyway arent they?

Hey, this is cool! I wanna do it, too!

Name:
Dragon Tamer!

Art, maybe some writing or voice.

I have a changeling OC! Her name is Platinum Forge. The reason I chose a changeling was because I felt as if I could never really fit into a group, and my personality is a bit more towards the rash side... and I really like to act. A ferocious, shapeshifting changeling definitely suites me.

Favorite ship:
I'm sorry, but it's got to be Sombrapie, for sure. No doubt.

Either one shot comedies, or a long story where the main character gets abused or discriminated for their species/differences. Anything that makes an awesome story, really.

Scenes where the character goes through the most change, when they make the biggest decisions. Because it's when they meet something like that, that the characters really show what's hidden beneath their facade, whether they're aware of it or not.

A Canterlot wedding I and II!

Arrrr...t! And writing and stuff. And voice acting, if I could.

Fun Fact about yourself:
I'm younger than 15, and people say that my art skills are supreme! (My ego is huge.) I love all kinds of animals and always... ALWAYS, wanted to get a pinstripe ball python... But a corn snake would do. But seriously, I'm A-OK With any animal.

Like, any animal.

... Siriusly.

And I'm in 12 Fandoms! MLP, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Team Fortress 2, The Last of Us, How to train your dragon, Naruto, Adventure time, Gravity falls, Slugterra, Skulduggery Pleasant and Five nights at Freddys.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6