The Non-Evil Pinkamena 192 members · 106 stories
Comments ( 33 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 33
ShadowKirby
Group Admin

Since 'Mena's personality depends on the writer, I'd like to see what everyone else views her to be like!

Magenta Cat
Group Admin

I would like to think of 'Mena as Pinkie's lost common sense, but still recognizable similar to Pinkie. For example, not jumping to conclusions in Wonderbolts Academy but still missing Rainbow a lot, or still knowing how to get rid of the parasprites, but going the extra mile and explaining herself instead of just acting.

On the other hand, she couldn't pull off the stunts that Pinkie does, but knows enough to actually explaining them, which make her as mentally strange as Pinkie is physically.

But overall, a happy girl with one or two tendencies to go genki, and still the element of laughter, but more on the optimistic side rather than lulz.

ShadowKirby
Group Admin

4516110 Being able to explain how Pinkie does what she does....how iz dis possibluh? :pinkiegasp:

Magenta Cat
Group Admin

Exactly!
Pinkie does the impossible without understanding it. Pinkamena understand the impossible without doing it. Two sides of the same coin!

This... makes an extraordinary amount of sense.

ShadowKirby
Group Admin

4516174 but wait if she knows how it's done, that means she's able to do it.

Magenta Cat
Group Admin

I'm not sure. i mean, I know how does Usain Bolt runs (one step next to the other), but it will be a nice day in hell before I run like he does.

I know how to play volleyball. I know that for a bump, you place your hands one on top of the other and fold your thumbs on top, and aim with your forearms more than your hands. I know that a set needs to be done mostly with your pointer and thumb, and the other fingers are there more for support than actual impact. I know that diving is an essential part of the game, especially when recovering from spikes.
Last volleyball game I played I accidentally almost hit the ball into the windshield of a car a good twenty five feet away from the court, and I can't dive to save my life.

ShadowKirby
Group Admin

4516230 okaaaaay I get it, I realized that even as I was typing the message XD

ShadowKirby
Group Admin

4516221 Now a fanfic needs to be written of Pinkamena trying to explain how Pinkie does what she does.

Magenta Cat
Group Admin

I can see Twilight and Pinkamena doing a dialogue like this:
P. 'Mena (about the Party cannon): An thus, we put the cake here, and the streamers in this corner.
Twy: But how does it keeps the edibles from mixing with each other? It all seems impossible.
P: Not at all, it's all quite simple actually.
T: Oh yeah, explain it.
P: Now that is impossible.

[Futurama reference for the win!]

I think Pinkamena personality would be depressing like something bad happens too one of her friends like this fan art here

Or this

Or she has no energy left in her that she look like she about to crash.

I don't believe that Pinkamena is some split personality of Pinkie. Pinkamena is Pinkie. The drive to make ponies happy, the exuberance, the hyper intelligence, and the crippling insecurities are always present in her mind. Certain situations do little more than to make some of these traits more present than the others.

ShadowKirby
Group Admin

4519324 Yeah, I know what you mean, and I like that idea too.
Unfortunately, I've been so obsessed with 'Mena and looked at so much stuff involving her that at this point I am incapable of truly thinking of them both as the same pony X__X

ShadowKirby
Group Admin

4516275 But you said that she could explain it, why would she say it's impossible to explain?

My version of Pinkamena hails from the alternate universe where she went inside the house before the Sonic Rainboom, thus she missed both that and her calling as a party pony. So, she grew up as a dull, stern, and grumpy rock-farming mare who just doesn't want anypony to bug her, while simultaneously harboring a desire to see the world.

Also, she's super strong. Pray that you're on her good side.

ShadowKirby
Group Admin

4519472 I've actually been planning on writing a fanfic about that. I've had it written down in my ideas list for a while. I couldn't find any fanfics that focused on her growing up after missing the rainboom, so I wanted to write one.

So... as in a fic that follows her as she grows up, right? Because my fic, The Rock Farmer's Daughters, takes place when she's already an adult.

ShadowKirby
Group Admin

4519539 Wait, YOU'RE the one who wrote that? I've seen that story so many times while looking for Pinkamena stories, I just never read it since it wasn't about 'Mena's growing up in the Alternate Universe, it was a shipping fic. Just personal preference.

Yeah, I meant following her growing up and what it would be like. your basic AU fanfic.

4519630 Guilty as charged. :scootangel:

Well, I'm curious about your fic idea, anyhow, and should you get around to that fic, I'd like to read it. :pinkiesmile:

Magenta Cat
Group Admin

She could explain to herself, as in understanding how does it works. But have you seen a PhD trying to explain himself to a group of average people? I did once, and almost everybody in the room, and I'm saying 90% of the people present, was unable to get beyond of "gravity makes things fall".

Understanding something is one thing, but knowing how to explain it to others is a science on itself.

Also, Pinkie Pie logic.

ShadowKirby
Group Admin

4519691 Then it's gotta be on my top priority of 'to-write' ideas. Since I'm not currently working on anything, I should start that!

ShadowKirby
Group Admin

4520617 Soooooo Pinkamena is Pinkie's twin?

4520667 Great! Let me know when it's up. :pinkiehappy:

ShadowKirby
Group Admin

4520724 you could always just follow me *cough cough shameless attempt at getting followers* :pinkiecrazy:

ShadowKirby
Group Admin

I think of Pinkamena as the part of herself she hides and forgets about for others to see her as Pinkie Pie instead of some egghead like Twilight. She decides to hide the parts that aren't fun while on the inside she still acts that way. She's quite organized probably more so than Twilight, loves sharing happiness and likes to just forget that the world isn't all sunshine and rainbows. Although she is silly all the time on the outside she's really the way she acts alone all the time in her head acting like a mixture of Twilight, Fluttershy, and what's better known as her. In the end although I enjoy interpretations that call alternate personalities, I think we all need to remember that she is one pony. Pinkamena may be a mouthful but it is her name weather she's Pinkie Pie or not she is Pinkamena Diane Pie.

:pinkiehappy:+:pinkiesad2: = Pinkamena Diane Pie. They are one and they are best pony I :heart: Pinkamena!!!!

ShadowKirby
Group Admin

4615708 YEEEEEEEES YESYESYESYES!!!:pinkiegasp::pinkiehappy:
YOU ARE SO RIGHT! :twilightsmile:

4626260 :pinkiegasp: Really?! :pinkiehappy: Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!:yay:

You know how Pinkie is most likely an ENFP? I think Pinkamena is an INFP.
She's introverted, and is very intuitive, she has a close range of friends, but it is a small range, and to those she feels comfortable with, she has her happy, socially awkward side to her too, but to most strangers she is quiet and reserved

ShadowKirby
Group Admin

5949585 Yeah that's what I think too pretty much!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 33