OC Slamjam 61 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13
Wanderer D

So the contest is drawing to a close and less and less people seem to be excited about the whole thing. There's only one story to vote on, and yet only six actual votes and one abstention! What's up people?!

In any case. While wondering about this, I realized that we've never discussed which characters we would have liked to see against each other if randomly selected. Anyone care to share?

I chickened out round one and never actually did anything, I wouldn't mind seeing what I could try and do.

Wanderer D

4627063 Who would you like to go against and why?

Whoever really, like I said I'd mostly just wanna see if I could actually do something, I just freak out or get distracted and never actually write anything.

Speaking just for myself, I've been reading the Slamjam and voting less because of a combination of real-life tragedy, other stories demanding my attention, and an absolutely attrocious internet connection. I have tried to keep up with the contest, and I do still intend to read everything, but I'm just no longer getting to them in time for the voting period.

The main ones I can think of off the top of my head are Wispy Willow vs. Booster Bones and Falcata vs. Loosestrife. Those could've been great! Another few that I personally think might've been fun are Candy Cane vs. Static Shower, Bristle vs. Summer Heat, Dala vs. Firefly, Fillygree vs. Trinket, Calluna vs. Lilligold, and Melon Rind vs. Iron Curtain.

Gonna agree with everything Argon said above, as well as a few additional pairs.

Luster Lock vs. Summer Heat, Casey vs. Dala, Mizuko vs. Foxglove, Candy Cane vs. Streamline, and Lilligold vs. Iron Curtain.

I wanted to be able to have a shot at Rachis Barbule, Azure, Summer Heat, the alchemist pony, and the underground pony.

Other Pairings I think would have been pretty fun to see are

Obvious Question vs. Price Back, Booster Bones vs. Evergreen, Iron Curtain vs. Evergreen, and Lilligold vs. the underground pony.

Melon Rind vs. Iron Curtain

It never would have entered my head, but hell if I don't love the sound of it now.

Or anything with a good display of Melon Rind, if I'm honest. I'm still quite bitter (dohoho) about what all happened back in the first round, with her.

oh

oh shit

ive been off fimfiction but it seems in just a few days ive missed uh

okay! time to get to work.

4627043 I'm just gonna stick with that party scene description I did in the other thread for who I want to see together. I still want to see Redwood's take on Redwood vs. Evergreen, though.

This might be a good place for me to post a link to the Slamjam Historium, something I've been working on for the last couple rounds. It's a compilation of summaries for each entry so far, but it's still far from finished.

Major props for taking on the challenge of documenting the whole damn thing, man. Even down to the comments.

4628746 I started it a month or two ago, but haven't come back to it until now. Not nearly as useful now. Hope you like it, anyway.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13