#NotYourShield 70 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 23 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 23

You probably noticed that I'm a pussycat admin here on the most part, and that's a good thing.

However, you don't need to be as easygoing as me. These days I'm probably sometimes almost too easygoing.

Here is the arrangement: You can be tougher than me if you want to, a lot tougher in fact, but if a user feels that some treatment is unfair, he or she can come to me to settle things, and I'll listen and probably comply.

Basically, I'll be the nice admin whom can be appealed to, and you can be the slightly tougher mods if you want to (like the opposite of how FIMFiction's staff do things, but the same as every other small forum besides FIMFic...)

What counts as actions that I'd prefer you do? Well, you shouldn't bully and insult other users. You should be above that. However, if other users are bullying other users, or just being annoying, then you can put a firm stop to that if you want to. If somebody exceeds three warnings and gets a ban, that person can come to me and tell me all the details. If I feel the ban was unwarranted after doing a thorough investigation and getting the details, I will undo it.

So don't be bullies, but if you see other people being bullies or just very annoying, don't be too hesitant to put a stop to it, and don't worry, if I feel that a ban was unwarranted,, I won't demote you unless you bullied that other user, because you were basically just doing what I suggested that you do and what you felt was right, and thus basically just doing your job. But bullying is not your job. Don't try to intimidate or insult any other users, just take action without any of that petty BS.

Zucc_The_Ducc
Group Contributor

4340503 Sounds reasonable...:ajsmug:

I wanna be backrub admin.
I just, like, give backrubs and stuff.
Every group needs one, friendo.

KaBar42
Group Contributor

like the opposite of how FIMFiction's staff do things, but the same as every other small forum besides FIMFic...which is probably why most forums function better than FIMFic...only saying)

What is it with you and thinking FIMFic administration is incompetent?

Okay, but remember, be firm, but not mean. Just use the proposed three warning system, and try not to engage in pettiness with anybody causing too much trouble. But the person in question can talk to me if he or she wants to appeal about something, and if it wasn't because that user was bullying or generally being a dick, I will very likely listen and settle it. If you weren't mean to the other user and simply gave the warning and probably later the punishment, I won't hold it against you; I'll only hold it against you if you were actually getting petty and mean with the other users.

I'm going to be the highest authority, and the highest authority often functions best if he doesn't rule too hard and is the "good cop" of the bunch. Plus I'm really too laid back these days to really try to stamp out everything wrong, and I'm too sloppy and disorganized to really organize and enforce rules without some help. I'm not going to spend as much time on FIMFic as usual due to finals and just a want to spend more time with family, so I'm leaving it up to you guys, once again, to handle things well. Hopefully, this time leaving everybody to their own devices works out!

Okay, fair enough; edited it a bit! I have some of my own reasons to think they're incompetent, a couple of them not even bad reasons, but I don't want to stir shit, so I'll leave it at that. I think I hinted at the most basic reasons why anyway.

Crimson Eon
Group Admin

go tough?

gotcha:pinkiecrazy:

srsly though, I see no problems as of yet

You're right, so you only need to go tough if you see any serious trouble, like bullying, blatant disrespect, pettiness, that sort of thing. But my ultimate point I'm trying to convey is very, very simple: I'm the one whose orders can't usually be countermanded, but I'm not going to often use the banhammer, meaning that even some perma-bans can be undone if it seems very reasonable to do so. That's the basic arrangement.

Wyrme
Group Admin

4341469 That is horrifying:twilightoops:
*snickers

Crimson Eon
Group Admin

4341787 I understand completely

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

4340503 I can be tough, I mean we aussies defend our homes from giant birds by using doors as shields

Zucc_The_Ducc
Group Contributor

4342379 God damn... Chuck Norris hasn't got S:yay:T on Aussies!

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

4342848 Wooo 'STRAYA!

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

4345965 He's manly, that state tends to get real cold.

Zucc_The_Ducc
Group Contributor
Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

4348603 *Does not know if sarcasm* Yes, it is really cold down their, almost snowing at times.

Zucc_The_Ducc
Group Contributor

4348607 Sorry, I didn't mean for it to be sarcastic. :twilightsheepish:

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

4348616 I can'tt tell sarcasm on this site.

Zucc_The_Ducc
Group Contributor

4348618 It's pretty difficult, I know. :twilightsmile:

Techpriest Eh
Group Admin

4348624 its so sad when I talk serious to someone being sarcastic...

Zucc_The_Ducc
Group Contributor

4348625 Isn't it the worst?

I'm good at ruling with an iron fist being an admin.
Having someone who knows the difference between harmless and harmful jokes is important.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 23