Let's Make You Known! 793 members · 3,107 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7
Lost_Marbles
Group Admin

(When I found this user, they have already changed their name to "Otaku250" then “Gangsta250.” You can find their stories here for convenience's sake.)

Hey, Otaku!
Care for an interview for the "Let's Make You Known" group? It'll be all about you, your writings, and possibly a question or two about anime.
Whattaya say?

yeah totally

So, Otaku250, how did you start getting into writing? Especially pony words?

It all started when I was dared to watch Mlp, I watched it and I didn't care for it at first, then I watched another episode, then another, and then suddenly I recounted everything that happened in the last 4 seasons, I then found this website and since I liked writing, I made an account, and boom, here I am....I still haven't figured out why Pinkie Pie does her random hoo hah

Oooooh. Do you remember what the first episode you watched was?
And you say liked writing. Have you been writing before coming to this site? And if so, what did you write?

First episode I watched was episode 3, where the ponies wanted to destroy Twilight for a ticket.
As for writing, I use to operate a fanfiction account under the same name, my first fanfiction was a metal gear story, which a few people liked. I wanted to try and make a crossover fic between mlp and mgs, but it hasn't come to as of yet.

What do you like most about writing? Is the the feeling of a productivity and satisfaction after finishing something? Is it the joy of telling a story and being entertaining? Or are you in it for the fame and money?

I just want to see my writing please people, writing feels satisfying to me and seeing people enjoy something I made makes me want to write more.

How much of a divide is there between writing for yourself and writing for others? I know now that you like to write to please people.
Are there lines or limits you set for yourself to what you will and won't write? If so, why?

Whenever I come up with a story Idea, It's usually a concept I like and think others would like as well. If the story is liked by people, then I am satisfied, but if I see that a story of mine is not liked, then it oddly also satisfies me too, knowing that I can still improve.
I don't usually set any lines for what I will write, I'll mainly write anything if I can really get into it.

Concepts, huh?
Where do you get your story ideas from? Or, what others may ask, how do you go about getting your ideas? Many I've seen on this sight seem to struggle just coming up with stories or concepts.
For example, I currently have an hour commute to and from work. I usually just listen to audiobooks or sit quietly and think. That's where most of my creative thinking happens.

Honestly, they just pop up in my head from time to time. Some ideas I get are either the most basic kind (my only featured story is a basic Celestia's son theme) or there pretty different (I had one idea to write about a flying turtle named jimmy, but that got canned because I could never do jimmy the justice he deserves).

A flying turtle?

Huh. Would it have been a pet, a little critter just trying to get through Equestria in one piece, or would have been a pony after a magical accident?
On stories - What have been your best and... least-best moments you've had on this site that you'd like to share?
I once had a reader bitching at me because he thought I didn't know what a "Meeseeks" is. That still makes me laugh.

He would have been a turtle god from a marshmellow valley, it was ver complicated, it would have been my own fnaf if I was determined enough.
My best moment for me personally was when one of my stories actually ade the featured list. My least best was when I made two one shots that absolutely suck, never again could I manage doing that again.
That image triggers me, possibly one of the worst anime's I've ever watched, the characters just...bleh.

Perhaps we all have that "one story that is bound to be the greatest thing ever" in us. Mine involves a time-traveling space laboratory, a man-eating self-proclaimed snake goddess, the world's oldest vampire, and an animated musical that causes the apocalypse.
And yes, I agree, Love Hina is a stupid anime. Harem animes are. Except for Tenchi Universe. That was da bomb.

Art by 40kponyguy

What would you say is the biggest lesson you've learned since joining this site?

awwww yeeee tenchi in the house... even if a lot of the love interests were related to him.
The biggest lesson I have learned is to never rush your work, always keep things slow and your story will thank you for it.

Advice that's hard to practice. Once I get something "done" I want to post it up ASAP! But that doesn't mean it's "finished." I've posted stuff up and gone back to find little tweaks and errors to fix moments, if not days after I've hit that submit button.
How would you describe that feeling you get when you finally hit that submit button and you see your work up on the front page?

it's like agony, you don't know whether people are liking it or not so It all depends.

Oi, the jitteriness in your belly as you constantly hit F5 to see if more people are checking your story out and leaving comments or ratings. I have to do something else to just keep my mind off it or I'll just stay glued to my screen.
And now, perhaps the hardest question I will ask in the interview.
Best pony?

So many decisions, but I have to go with my true feelings,
Derpy Hooves for life bruh

I'll agree that Derpy is a fantastic pony! I've even got a hand-made Derpy quilt-plush.

Now, it's time for the challenge!
Elevator Pitch!
Promote your favorite story in one sentence. Go!

Oh God! Uh, Go read Consequences of Unoriginality because being a Gary Stu is sad!

Been great chatting with you, my peggah.
What're you going to do now since the interview is over?

Eat and be fat

Lord Despair
Group Admin

5296845 nice interview

Malozi
Group Admin

I can't seem to find this guy's folder. I tried searching using both names (Otaku and Gangsta) but nothing came up. I know at least one of his stories that I've read are in this group but I can't find his folder.
If you know the folder in which your stories are, could you please direct me to it so I can rename the folder appropriately?

Malozi
Group Admin

Thank you.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7