Sugar Belle 296 members · 73 stories
Comments ( 26 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 26
Summer Dancer
Group Admin

We need an awesome Sugar Belle banner for the group! Send in pictures of what you'd like to see on the banner. It must be 1000 by 250. After all the pictures are in, Me and Those Kids In The Corner will vote on it. Submissions due by the 30th! :pinkiehappy:

4256737 Is there a deadline?

Summer Dancer
Group Admin

4256746 By the end of the month, the 30th at the latest.

Here are my suggestions based on the pics I found in the Sugar Belle Image Thread: (You might want to shrink the size of the pictures, though)

I was hoping for a already resized one. I, for one, can't change them because I don't have access to a fully functional computer. Summer Dancer most likely needs to focus on other stuff. If there is any way you can make a collage, that would be great.

Since I have access to a computer at the moment, I managed to create this, using one of the images that 4256768 provided:

That's really about the best I can personally do... I kind of hope someone else comes up with a better one. :pinkiesmile:

Summer Dancer
Group Admin

4256839 Cute! We'll go over it once all the submissions are done.

I'm tending to feel like both the cutie markless and normal versions of her should be represented in the banner, and was messing around a bit...

http://i.imgur.com/O7xd8qu.png

--arcum42

I agree, though you seem to have put a lot more effort into making a compilation than my own attempted mockup drafts.

Source

Sorce A / Sorce B

I like the basic look, although I think the lettering in the title should be a bit bigger.

I like doing banners, and I decided early on to use vectors from the show, though a few of the pictures I saw around were tempting...

Lets see:

http://i.imgur.com/6TnN39L.png

And here it is without the text, if you want to play with it. The font is "Tangerine".

http://i.imgur.com/j1ZyGWr.png

--arcum42

Very nice! We will keep an eye on them.:pinkiesmile:

Looking pretty good though the aliasing around the edges of the vectors is just a tad blocky. Also, maybe it's jut me but that re-marked vecoor looks kind of more like young filly, as opposed to an adult mare. What about maybe trying this one instead...

One more idea, what if instead of a larger title, it was instead shifted up wars with perhaps the slogan, "We have muffins," placed bellow it.

Yeah, I was just noticing that the edges aren't looking that great. Scaling down seems to have messed with it, since the originals looked better.

The one I used looks pretty close to the show:

(Okay, yes, I have several screenshots of Sugar Belle sitting around my hard drive...)

The other could work, too, though. I just liked her looking back at the other version of her.

Not sure about the muffins. We'll see...

--arcum42

4256737 yeah, we do need this banner.
4256746 Is this a second Pie to the Pinkie?
4256768 Several of these are great. Particularly the once that are not cut. or looks as if they were.
4256839 That is adorable, i can adore her all day. if only I could see the entire her?
4256935 That's perfection, really makes her shine. Both sides of her.
4256969 These looks good, even if it would have been better if any text that isn't relevant to her is in the corner?
4257022 We need Ponies like you on the group, and every other group.
Then you and all the other You ould make the groups come out in full bloom, showcasing what they are all about.
4257067 Oh yeah.
"We have,, Muffins!"
just like in the Episode?

I approve of this banner.

Well, even the show gets it's scaling off every now and again. Mostly its the legs, I think they end up looking a really short and a little thin on the re-marked vector as opposed to the markless one.

Scaling down seems to have messed with it, since the originals looked better.

Could be whatever program your using just cant do proper scaling. Here's some pre-scaled vectors, using my own preferred choice for the re-marked version, but I could also scale down any others for you.

...she's sort of still looking back, even if her eyes are closed.

They were only mockup drafts, for a final version I could easily remove the text, and maybe even add in a background affect.

I seem to have fired up the development version rather than the stable one, so maybe there's a scaling bug in that copy. I can rescale, though I'll copy the vectors you posted as well, and we'll see how it looks. Just a bit distracted at the moment...

--arcum42

4257178 The first one did look a bit scetshy, while the second looks fairly good, which is part of why I pointed at that detail on the wrong side of the Pony in the image.
The image of the two versions of her looks great too.
I wish I could have images like this one for a banner of my groups, but this image wouldn't fit any of my groups, I think. My groups are from before the Fifth Pilot, so I had no chance of catching them at the time. Now there seems to be more than enough groups aro7und them as there is.

Not sure how Vector works when you modify them. Just that they should be devoid of the blokyness you get when you enlarge other types of graphic imagery.

Nice work... also because I got bored here's a variation on the same design theme but using some of the images I poster earlier.

Thanks.

Not bad. For contrast reasons, you might either darken the font color or change it, though. That's one reason I've still got the outline around the white version of the text. For that matter, here's a copy of my background without text or pictures, if you want to fiddle with it.

http://i.imgur.com/UuKHo4R.png

--arcum42

Tweaked the colors a bit on the pervious version... also created another variant playing with a color filtering affect.

If I may jump back into this thread just a little, I absolutely love the background color fade on this one. :scootangel:

The "We Have, Muffins" quote kind of looks a little weird to me because of the space between the opening " mark and the W, however. :applejackunsure:

Well I did add an extra space there, but it was largely to try and make it look more symmetrical within the font, which forces a similar gap on the closing quote that I can't really fix short of manual realignment. It might just be slightly too wide a gap though, and so I might need to try tweaking things a bit more... or I might try out some alternate fonts.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 26