Silver Verse 184 members · 40 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

Hi, I was wondering about how far The Text is willing to bend the rules, or are they absolute, say for instance, if a "chosen" need certain medicines or medical technology, to... you know... not die (in my case, anti-convulsant meds for epilepsy, and a few other medications) what are the rules about that sort of thing? I doubt that most Medical Centers in Equestria have said medications on hand...

5207287 There was a side story where one of Silver's friends was dying and they fixed it by turning him into a pony.

5207296 The Text didn't fix Penny, it took alicorn magic to do so. One twist you could make on this, when The Text asks what they want to take with them, they could reply 'not my epilepsy'. It could result in a delightfully obscure starting point :twilightsmile:

You both raise very good points, but I'm rather hesitant to do that, the scientist in me is screaming "repairing the brain via 'magic' could alter the mind... rant rant..." being turned into a pony to repair the damaged portions of my mind, from a medical veiwpoint would not be without possible significant risk since I've had this brain damage from birth. The wiring (aka neurones) in the affected parts has worked around the damage. Some of my personallity/worldview come from having my mind wired differently...

Bah! Too many unknowns at the moment... I'm really overthinking this.

5207341 Those are all grist for the mill, I found. Imagine my pony finding her new body not only not having all the issues of their human one, but also having a libido :pinkiegasp:

David Silver
Group Admin

5207341 Sounds like great things to write about! Could altering the mind cause a change of 'self'? Certainly! The main Silver saga wrestles with this repeatedly, as the 'self' gets wrung through various ringers.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6