The Fimfiction Bureau of Imaginationists 235 members · 145 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20
Inazuma
Group Admin

Yeah, you heard that right! In order to drum up more members Matthew DePointe and I are holding a little contest.

A story contest to be judged by Me, Matthew DePointe and two random members.

In the interest of fairness the judges shall not be entering the contest (this time).

Three winners shall be selected and be given a prize. (Subject to change).

The first prize winner receives a $10 gift certificate to Amazon, while the other two receive $5 gift cards.

Here are the characters you have to work with: Sunset Shimmer, Maud Pie, Zecora, Babs Seed, Sonata Dusk, Seabreeze and Twist. Choose any one (or more) of them.

Here are the Tags you can work with: Slice of Life, Human (any version just not A Human in Equestria), Anthro, Dark, Comedy, Random, and AU.

Rules (subject to change):

1: No Clop (this time).

1.2: No excessive Gore keep it to "Resident Evil" levels

2: You can use other characters. However the ones I've listed must be the Main Stars.

3: OC's are allowed but none of this Anon/Anonymous crud.

4: Stories must be 1,000 words minimum as per site rules and 4,900 words max.

5: There can be more than one Chapter just so long as they don't violate rule #4.

6: Judges Decisions are Final and are subject to change anytime.

7: You may apply to be one of the Judges but remember: If you do, your ability to enter is forfeit

8: Secret Bonus Points will be given to the ones who manage to create a story based around one of these songs: Song 1 and Song 2

9: One Entry per Member

10: Deadline is April 25th, at 11:59 PM. (Subject to Change)

11: When done add to folder labeled "Contest Submissions"

12: While we prefer new stories for this contest, we are flexible enough to allow an older work to be submitted (this time) as long as they follow the above rules and conditions.

Now get cracking guys and gals! Good Luck!

I'm always entering contests, but never entered a contest before, when it comes to fimfiction and english writing. This will be interesting. :pinkiesmile:

Just wondering how you can apply a song to a story. I mean, if it was a MLP-Song, when ok, but an Empire Song from Final Fantasy? Something like Empire and Revolution theme when?

The deadline marks the judgement right? If I apply something before the date and change it a few times, it probably doesn't matter. Did I get that right?

Matthew DePointe
Group Admin

Yeah, as long as the finished product is done before April 25.

Inazuma
Group Admin

4201829 Regarding Rule #8: You don't have to do Rule #8. That's just there for people who like/want an extra challenge.
As for how someone applies it, that's up to the writer.

You can change it as many times as you want just make sure that said changes are done by the stated time on the stated day April 25.

1.2: No excessive Gore keep it to "Resident Evil" levels

I love the irony in that statement. I do have to ask, though, is mature allowed?

Inazuma
Group Admin

4203232 Yes it's allowed.

4203264 Okay, was just wondering.

Inazuma
Group Admin

4200875 I'll try my hoof at this. Can't say I'll do good, though. or even get anything done... Good luck to all!

Someone should pin this topic. It gets dragged down by new threads and that's why people can overlook it easily.

4203289 I'm gonna make my song around Song 2, btw. It's an AU parody.

Inazuma
Group Admin

4205955 Sounds fun. Good luck.

4200875 Hmm. I think I can manage something like this.

does it have to be a brand new story? or one we already wrote? or in the same universe as another story?

Inazuma
Group Admin

4206534 I would like it to be a brand new story but I'm flexible enough to allow previously written works (this time) just so long as said previous work follows the rules I have posted. Same goes for your last question. As long as it follows the above criteria then you are Golden.

Inazuma
Group Admin

4206523 Good luck.

Inazuma
Group Admin

4205445 Thanks for the reminder.

4206710 and one more... can it have Romance tag so long as it has one of the others?

Inazuma
Group Admin

4206879 If it's already on an older work yes. But if it's a new one no.

Sooooo...Anyone else having problems to write something? As I see only two submissions, I am probably not the only one. I would like to suggest to postpone the deadline.

I doubt, that I have a good idea in the last few days, but I sure would like to participate. Is anyone with me? :pinkiesmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20