Star Trek fans 54 members · 34 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

So this basically looks like what would happen if you let a bunch of Star Trek geeks on board an actual Federation ship.

And...I don't hate it, actually. I mean, it's just this one scene, but I actually kinda cracked a grin watching this.

At first glance, it seems like it's getting close to limbo status. It's too cartoony for a serious audience and too graphic for a younger audience. Star Wars: Detours had the same problem. New fans aren't going to get it and get turned off because it doesn't bring anything new to the table and old fans won't like it because it goes too much against the grain. It's trying to be Rick and Morty but it's trying too hard.

But! That's just a first glance. The show could change, things might be entirely different, there could be one or two characters that save the show on their own. That's not out of the realm of possibility. Time will tell, as it does. Even if it sucks, Paramount and the SJW crowd would probably bankroll it like Discovery because progress can't ever take a step back or lose once according to the elitist left. So they keep taking Ls and pretend they're winning or that fans are toxic and they're keeping up the good fight against systemic racism or buzzword while quality keeps dropping. Wouldn't be surprised if it gets canceled after a single season or two with low ratings.

I'm willing to give it a shot. It reminds me of Final Space.

I agree. I chuckled as well. I'd give it a watch and see how it goes from there. :pinkiesmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4